TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'06, '07, '16 & '22 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites............(Updated: 4/28/24)

HERTZ II

Crap!!! That was a good buy I would say.

QSS

That is NOT a good sign - unless you were that winning bidder. Yikes - I feel bad for the seller. There just simply is not enough love or appreciation for these cars. Considering how limited the production was and the historical significance and importance of these cars are I simply do not understand. That being said - those of us who are proud enough to own one need to PLEASE put away the moth balls and drive your damn Hertz cars. Stop saving your car for the unappreciative public / next guy who wants to steal your car for these ridiculously low prices. Just drive them, modify them if you wish, and drive them hard and keep a smile on your face! Stop saving the fun for the next guy.

• 5 weeks later...

So we all know scammers are out there (and I don't know why people think it's a fun thing to do), but my brother emailed me this craigslist ad: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5831923937.html and I see that the same car, #137 is listed on a Delaware craigslist ad, and also listed on eBay right now. I was skeptical and thought something wasn't right when the craigslist ads have the car at $40,000 and the eBay auction is buy it now for $26,500. So I wrote to the eBay seller and send the link to the craigslist ad and he said that is not his listing.

Be wary fellow fans as you look out there. A lot of dishonest people trying to take advantage of others. I just wish there was some way we can nail the guy with the craigslist ads.

In looking at previous posts, I notice that this is the same car that just sold at the Mecum auction for $17,500. So it appears someone is just trying to make a quick profit on flipping it, while someone else is just trying to scam it.

Edited by 06H014

So we all know scammers are out there (and I don't know why people think it's a fun thing to do), but my brother emailed me this craigslist ad: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5831923937.html and I see that the same car, #137 is listed on a Delaware craigslist ad, and also listed on eBay right now. I was skeptical and thought something wasn't right when the craigslist ads have the car at $40,000 and the eBay auction is buy it now for $26,500. So I wrote to the eBay seller and send the link to the craigslist ad and he said that is not his listing.

Be wary fellow fans as you look out there. A lot of dishonest people trying to take advantage of others. I just wish there was some way we can nail the guy with the craigslist ads.

In looking at previous posts, I notice that this is the same car that just sold at the Mecum auction for $17,500. So it appears someone is just trying to make a quick profit on flipping it, while someone else is just trying to scam it.

Luckily by HertzII keeping this list updated we can spot bogus or suspicious activities like this.

CList Ad.jpg

• 1 month later...

What is also interesting is that the photo's appear to be from a Vantage Motorsports ad. I have a few ad's of theirs saved and the location of this picture is identical to Vantage's ad's. I only mention this because I sold a Cougar back in 2006 and when it came up for sale in 2015, the seller was using my 2006 photos in the ad. I will admit that the car looked exactly the same when I saw the updated photos.

What is also interesting is that the photo's appear to be from a Vantage Motorsports ad. I have a few ad's of theirs saved and the location of this picture is identical to Vantage's ad's. I only mention this because I sold a Cougar back in 2006 and when it came up for sale in 2015, the seller was using my 2006 photos in the ad. I will admit that the car looked exactly the same when I saw the updated photos.

Cougarss428........you're absolutely correct. All 3 of the photos used in the BJ auction ad ARE from different cars sold through the Vantage dealer. A quick look through photos of sold '07 GT-Hs on their website, you will spot these exact photos. From what I've been able to determine, Vantage never offered this car for sale. Thus the current photos used to describe the '07 GT-H at Scottsdale 2017 cannot be of the actual car being auctioned but rather representative of the car being auctioned. Interestingly, this car was offered on Ebay back in the summer of 2011 and among the many photos used to describe the car back then, one was a "borrowed" Vantage photo. This practice appears to happens more frequently than I would have guessed. Anyone who followed the promoting of a 2016 GTH at last falls Mecum Monterey 2016 will recognize all the same photos being used by Mecum to promote a different 2016 GT-H at their current Kissimmee 2017 auction.

Edited by HERTZ II

• 3 weeks later...

Much closer to a shot at showing up in person at the sales desk in Vegas and leaving with it for 50K cash...

Yeah I don’t think you are too far off the mark there at around 50k. I was thinking between 50 to 55k being a reasonable price for what you get with this iteration of the GTH. There will probably be some that buy them in the 70’s k range but I think prices will continue to fall on them as more become available. There are just numerous better options out now for less money and I think the only people that are going to snatch these cars up are die hard Shelby Hertz GTH fans.

There are just numerous better options out now for less money and I think the only people that are going to snatch these cars up are die hard Shelby Hertz GTH fans.

Yes, but that's not a terrible thing, is it? Plenty of die hard fans of various cars pay good money for their collections. Why on earth would a 50 year old ex rental car be worth $120-200K? Plenty of better cars out there for that money. The fans, enthusiasts and collectors pony up for the cars that scratch their itch. For many, this version of the Hertz car will be that scratch.

I mentioned in another thread that I was in Vegas earlier this week. I went to the hertz sales location in east Vegas on Sahara. I had a look at the one they had and it looked decent. No major scratches or dents on the body and it was #142. The only major think I could notice is that the rivets on the front grill were all rusted. I'm not sure what type of rivets were used to attached the front grill to the car but every 16 GT-H rental I've seen has the same rivet rusting issue.

Boy that car sure looked nice but I think $77,500 is still too much for these. They've got a ways to come down yet imo.

QSS

post-20749-0-43883900-1486132385_thumb.jpg

post-20749-0-86527500-1486132392_thumb.jpg

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

I mentioned in another thread that I was in Vegas earlier this week. I went to the hertz sales location in east Vegas on Sahara. I had a look at the one they had and it looked decent. No major scratches or dents on the body and it was #142. The only major think I could notice is that the rivets on the front grill were all rusted. I'm not sure what type of rivets were used to attached the front grill to the car but every 16 GT-H rental I've seen has the same rivet rusting issue.

Boy that car sure looked nice but I think $77,500 is still too much for these. They've got a ways to come down yet imo.

QSS

attachicon.gif20170130_135754.jpg

attachicon.gif20170130_135733.jpg

I agree 100%

$77,500 is WAY too much. I can get a Viper SRT with similar mileage for that, with the Viper being discontinued and being a Significantly better car in every way it will hold its value MUCH better as well.

$50K will get the Hertz crowd to buy, it still won't attract many Mustang buyers in my opinion.

QSS

attachicon.gif20170130_135754.jpg

attachicon.gif20170130_135733.jpg

Doug I noticed that about the rivets on #085 and thought that's not right.

The grill screws were noticed upon arrival and most were replaced with the correct treated screws. Easy to replace just one by one. They were to be replaced at the location or kept to replace later. If anyone buys one that hasn't been replaced I assume will be no problem getting a set either from Hertz or Shelby.

I noticed this morning that GT-H 16h0086 was no longer listed for sale on the Schaumburg, IL Hertz website. A call to the location confirms it has been sold.

any clue as to what amount they ended up selling it at?

If you called them they might tell you it was listed at $77,500 but it sold for much, much more :lol:

There's no way they'll tell you what it actually sold for.

QSS

I wasn't curious enough to call. I thought since HertzII had already called he might know or might have already asked.......and yeah if that guy paid $77.5k or "much much more", then he needs to PM me because I know of some swampland he would probably be interested in buying.

• HERTZ II changed the title to '06, '07 & '16 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites (Updated: 9/6/20)
  • HERTZ II changed the title to '06, '07, '16 & '22 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites............(Updated: 4/28/24)
  • JeffIsHereToo pinned this topic