TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'06, '07, '16 & '22 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites............(Updated: 4/28/24)

HERTZ II

I think it is hilarious, now the 2018 Regular GT Automatic blows it away performance wise so you can get a Brand New Car that Performs Better in every way, pick the color you want as well as options, and Save $$$.

No brainer.

These should be low $40K at this point, shouldve started at $50K, not $150K.

I think it is hilarious, now the 2018 Regular GT Automatic blows it away performance wise so you can get a Brand New Car that Performs Better in every way, pick the color you want as well as options, and Save $$$.

No brainer.

These should be low $40K at this point, shouldve started at $50K, not $150K.

It's called progress.

The 2017 Ecoboost 4 cyl makes almost as much hp as did our 2008 4.6L V8...

It's called progress.

The 2017 Ecoboost 4 cyl makes almost as much hp as did our 2008 4.6L V8...

I get that, my point is the longer they wait to price the Hertz cars correctly the less desirable they will be and the more outdated they will become. I bet if they were priced at $50K to begin with they would all be gone, but the initial $150K prices drove folks interested to look at other options. Just my 2 cents

With only being 171 made and being a Hertz Shelby 50th anniversary that will make it more valuable than any other new Mustang.

I like all Mustangs. I have a 2006 and a 2016 Shelby GT H plus other Mustangs. People buy what they like and that is a good thing.

Just curious. How do you know they are not selling?

A quick search on Autotrader brought up 47 of them, most of them from Hertz dealers. With only 171 (Actually 156 because yours should not count, the Manuals with SC are IMO a whole different Car) made to me that equals that they are not selling. 156 made, if priced right, should be gone in hours.

I understand some may be double listings, but I am sure some aren't listed on Autotrader as well. Some, from what I have read, haven't even been released to be for sale yet.

Edited by carnut12

My thought was if originally priced under $50K, like most are today, they would've sold quickly back then. But now they have driven people away, no different then ADM's on cars, people move on and never look back.

This is all speculative, but what is clear is they tried cashing in and it has backfired. Every month these cars sit costs them money.

My thought was if originally priced under $50K, like most are today, they would've sold quickly back then. But now they have driven people away, no different then ADM's on cars, people move on and never look back.

This is all speculative, but what is clear is they tried cashing in and it has backfired. Every month these cars sit costs them money.

Carnut12, you've nailed it. I was pretty hyped up to buy one of the 2016's. The exact car that I rented and drove around the parking lot at Shelby Las Vegas with my 16 year old daughter who was also at the wheel, is currently for sale. It's been for sale for 9 months now.

I was all in love with the idea of buying the very car me and my daughter drove in Vegas back in 2016 but now I'm not sure I care. I called and offered $42,000 (all in) in July for that car but Hertz declined. Might call back in December with the same offer again. I sure am not paying $50k for a two year old rental that was abused by many (me included) when there are so many other sweet options out there.

Been looking at 05 and 06 FGT's lately. Now that's a car that's worth the dollars. :thumbsup:

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I just happened to notice that one of these 2016 GT-Hs (#18) is close to me in the Pittsburgh area. I just called to ask about it and the sales person told me it's not available for a test drive. I can't imagine anybody spending this much money to buy a vehicle they are not permitted to drive beforehand. This particular one was rented in the Indianapolis area. Addintionally, it does show that an accident was reported in September 2016 with the front bumper getting hit. All of that and they're still asking $49,900?! If you ask me Hertz is crazy.

I did tell the gentleman that I wasn't just looking for a joyride, that I know what this car is and currently own a 2006 version. He appreciated me telling him that, but did not say anything about making an exception about the no-test-drive policy.

What do you guys think about this no-test-drive policy?

What do you guys think about this no-test-drive policy?

I would say that you ran into an ignorant sales person. Below are cut & paste's from the Hertz website:

"We're always happy to answer questions or schedule a test drive for your favorite vehicle."

Q:

Can I get a copy of the vehicle maintenance records?

A:

Hertz is currently not providing maintenance records. We encourage our customers to bring the vehicle to their mechanic of trust to validate the quality of our vehicles and service technicians

Thanks for the replies guys. This particular sales person actually told me that that directive came directly from Hertz headquarters. Interesting, huh?

Perhaps what Hertz HQ told them was no rent2buy on the GTH cars. The rent2buy program is where a potential buyer pays $49 for a three day test drive.

To me that would make sense or wouldn't GTH renters just ask for the rent2buy program instead of paying full price for a GTH rental?

I called Hertz headquarters and explaied the situation and they said they would contact that particular office and look into it. I called the office back and asked to speak to the manager. He was very helpful and friendly and did confirm that the GT-H is not available for the rent-to-buy program. But he did also make it sound like they are restricting test drives. After I explained that I have a 2006 model and would be a serious buyer he said I could probably take it for test drive.

I never test drove mine, and I have no regrets. ( I was on the other ocean)

But considering you are so close, it would only make sense. How could they not allow this?

Sounds like a really anal rental location which means the car was probably very well maintained.

Good luck!

06H275 - Actually, this car was never rented at this location. I'm in the mid-Atlantic area that didn't get the 2016 GT-H (as you know they were mostly CA, TX, FL, NV, etc. with just a few around Detroit, Chicago, Indy, etc.) This particular car was rented in Indianapolis. Additionally, it has an accident on record in September 2016. A small front collision pushed the bumper back and it was rubbing on the front tire so it had to be towed.

So you've got an 11k mile car, with an accident (of course very minor in their opinion) and they're still asking $49,900?!?! There are other GT-Hs with similar miles with NO accidents that are the same price or even slightly lower.

Some crazy people out there trying to sell these things.

Some crazy people out there trying to sell these things.

I agree 100%!! I paid waaaaaaaaay to much for mine!

I got it early, and I got what I wanted. Low miles and excellent condition.

I will never get out what I put in, but that was never my intention.

I agree 100%!! I paid waaaaaaaaay to much for mine!

I got it early, and I got what I wanted. Low miles and excellent condition.

I will never get out what I put in, but that was never my intention.

Hahah, never meant to imply you were the crazy one, I meant the Hertz executives setting the prices.

I do have to tell you that your signature and picture annoy me a bit. You need to either put the cars in order from oldest to newest, or put the 3 Hertz vehicles together oldest to newest and then the GT500. At the very least, your signature should be in the order that the cars are in in your picture. Hahahah!

I would love to be able to pick up a 2016 version to go with my '06, but I think divorce papers would follow shortly thereafter unless I say goodbye to other current vehicles in the inventory.

• HERTZ II changed the title to '06, '07 & '16 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites (Updated: 9/6/20)
  • HERTZ II changed the title to '06, '07, '16 & '22 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites............(Updated: 4/28/24)
  • JeffIsHereToo pinned this topic