TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Error code "Service advance track" on 2013 GT500

KR3402

Hi guys

Bought the car in the US and had it shipped to Europe, during shipping the batteri was disconnected for about three weeks. When starting the car on arrival the error code came up. The error code turns off the traction control, and it is not possible to turn it back on. I have only driven the car home so the milage is 40. I have tried disconnecting the battery to clear the code several times with no luck.

Do you know how to reset the code, or where I can buy a code reader that also can clear the code?

Just a huge guess at this point - but if they used tie down straps on the vehicle undercarriage for shipping the vehicle while on the ship perhaps they damaged one of the wheel speed sensor wires on either of the front two wheel spindles or the rear axle. FWIW.

That should get you a ABS light too. Any one of the (4) sensors goes off-line, your ABS light will come on and your ABS turns off.

OP: Is your ABS light on too? If it is, you just got your answer. If it isn't, I'd still check the wheel speed sensor wires AND sensor.

Phill

Yes they used tie down straps on the wheels. Normally they don`t damage anything if shipped in a container, I have shipped several cars without any problems, but I will take a look tomorrow and see if there are any damaged wires.

The ABS light is not on, only the two traction control lights. Kind of a stupid system when an error code disconnects the traction control, in some situations that could be dangerous. If you try googling "service advance track" you will see that this is a code that can pop up on several Ford models in different situations.

I have a friend at a local Ford dealership here, but as you probably know the Europeian dealers don`t sell Mustangs, he says that disconnecting the battery for a long time often causes error codes on other Ford models, that`s why I am interested in buying a code reader/clearer. I have tried googling with no luck. Are there any tuners selling something like the COBB (tuning, code reader, code clearer) for the Shelby?

Archived