TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Order Banks Open

Snoopy49

I called my dealer on Thursday, 8 November, telling him I heard they were opening next week. He called me back on Friday, 9 November, and told me they had ordered my 2014. I saw the order confirmation sheet (no prices, so I don't think it is actually a DORA) that had an acceptance and listed the car as priority 10 for a build in Job 2, which the dealer's "order guy" told me would be built sometime in late spring, but should be one of the first ones.

Yes but it will be a 2015 just like the 64 1/2 was actually titled as a 65. This will be the all new redesigned car. The 2014 will be basically identical to the 2013 save for 2 color changes, matte back stripes changing to glossy lack and heated seats now available with the PP.

I understood the same thing that the 2014 run will be earlier and a little shorter to allow for a complete re-tooling of the line for the re-designed 2015. This new Mustang, which will be the 50th anniversary, will likely build sometime in spring 2014, much like the original 64 1/2 Mustang was released in late spring 1964, well into the model year.

If it were me, I would want the production of the 50th MY to coincide with the anniversary of the mustang first build. Figure in several months to retool, maintanence of line equipment, and 2015 job 1 line training seems pretty straight forward it would take a pretty deep cut of the 2014 MY production time out of the schedule. Dont know any of that for sure, but its a wild guess.

Archived