TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Coupe Available In KY

Norton

Autotrader has 295 more 2013s looking for a home.

Looks like there will be some major "year-end" clearance sales for the 2013 GT 500. And for all those not listed on one of these internet sites, there are probably many more that haven't been sold yet.

Autotrader has 295 more 2013s looking for a home.

How many are actually available at/below MSRP?

Looks like there will be some major "year-end" clearance sales for the 2013 GT 500. And for all those not listed on one of these internet sites, there are probably many more that haven't been sold yet.

Maybe, but I just spent the last month scouring the Internet for the car I want (after my local dealer decided they didn't have an allocation to go with my order). The vast majority of the ones I contacted (from coast-to-coast) are still demanding ADMs ranging from $5K to $20K. I ended up finding only five (with cars I want) who were willing to deal at MSRP.

It must be top secret information! LOL

Thanks for your insightful addition to the thread.

Since you obviously lack experience in this arena, I'll explain... It's information I worked to acquire and prefer to share with other enthusiasts, rather than a lazy dealer looking to make a quick buck. BTW, Ford of Moses Lake, WA (aka Bud Clary) is such a dealer. Anyone looking for a decent deal and positive buying experience should look elsewhere.

FWIW, I received and responded to topgun's PM yesterday. The ball is in now his court on this vehicle.

A Ford dealer with a new Ford product to sell is NOT a big deal nor is it anything that warrants secrecy. That is actually laughable Dude. Do you really think a dealer is going to buy at retail and resell at a profit? You have been guzzling the Kool Aide if you do.

These cars have been built by the tens of thousands and are NOT rare, hard to come by, limited, or any other adjective that the irrational enthusiasts choose to employ. Keep it real. There will be enough $70,000 Mustang to go around.

I'm again overwhelmed with your wisdom, which no one asked you to share. Since your profile shows you don't even own one of the "tens of thousands of NOT rare" GT500s, you don't even appear to have covered the ground about which you're dispensing advice. During my search for one of those "tens of thousands of NOT rare" GT500s, several dealers (e.g., Bud Clary Ford of Moses Lake and Sandy Springs Ford) asked for the dealerships where they buy them at MSRP and mark them up. The General Manager of the dealership from which I recently picked mine up also fielded multiple requests from other dealers to sell the vehicle out from under me.

In the end, this information is MINE to share as see fit. If you don't like the way I choose to do so, that's your problem and you can take it somewhere else.

I'm again overwhelmed with your wisdom, which no one asked you to share. Since your profile shows you don't even own one of the "tens of thousands of NOT rare" GT500s, you don't even appear to have covered the ground about which you're dispensing advice. During my search for one of those "tens of thousands of NOT rare" GT500s, several dealers (e.g., Bud Clary Ford of Moses Lake and Sandy Springs Ford) asked for the dealerships where they buy them at MSRP and mark them up. The General Manager of the dealership from which I recently picked mine up also fielded multiple requests from other dealers to sell the vehicle out from under me.

In the end, this information is MINE to share as see fit. If you don't like the way I choose to do so, that's your problem and you can take it somewhere else.

+1 on that for Sandy Springs Ford...they are about 2 miles from my house and they will grab any and all GT500s they can get their hands on to resell (or attempt) at a higher number. When the 2013s came out, they bought up about 15 2012 models....all with large ADMs after they acquired them. Boss 302s are the same. I went in there and poked around a couple of months back about a Boss 302, and started looking at all the GT500s. I asked the sales guy what gives, and he spilled all the beans to me.

They are all parked in a nice little row outside underneath their parking garage...at least they are all sheltered. If they have any Boss 302s, those go inside with one or two 2013 GT500s.

Just a factual observation...

Andy.

Do you really think a dealer is going to buy at retail and resell at a profit?

These cars have been built by the tens of thousands and are NOT rare, hard to come by, limited, or any other adjective that the irrational enthusiasts choose to employ. Keep it real. There will be enough $70,000 Mustang to go around.

Although hard to believe, yes, dealers do buy from other dealers at retail and then resell them at a profit. In fact, sometimes over retail. Advantage Ford of Stuart had a '13 DIB Vert back in September that I passed on because they were 10k over sticker. Later in the month, I found the same car (VIN lookup) up in VA at 15k over. And although I don't think they will build anywhere near the number you spout (tens of thousands), I do believe there will be enough $70,000 Mustangs to go around.

P.S., I also had an '08 GT500, so I have some qualification as well. I had to buy it out in Indiana while I lived in NJ to get it at MSRP. At the time, Schultz Ford in Rockland County was 15k over and buying them from other dealers at retail and more.

Why do so many people on this forum tend to get their A$$ on their shoulders when someone disagrees or questions them? Over the years I have been F-150 forums, Mustang forums, Explorer forums and others and I have never seen such reactions to questions or statements. Is it something abouy owning or wanting to own one of these cars that brings out some kind of "zinger" mentality? How about easing up a little so the others can enjoy the forum and not have to deal with your antics.

I had an '08. Possibly that qualifies me to have an opinion even in the mind of an enthusiast who has obviously spent too much time at the Kool Aide trough. You go right on believing what the car salesman tells you. Why is it so difficult for some owners and enthusiasts to understand that Ford doesn't build many GT500s because they don't sell many.

Ford would love to sell 50,000 of these cars but they know at 60 or 70 large a throw they would be very lucky to sell 5,000 units without significant incentives.

A 2013 GT500 for sale at full sticker price is NOT a big deal or anything that needs to be shrouded in secrecy. The car salesman that fed you a line of BS about delaers buying these cars at sticker is strokin you big time and you fell for it.

Maybe where you live that may be the case, but for some dumb reason, dealers here in Colorado are buying from others at sticker + and making profit even with delivery. I would never buy over sticker and there are many around at sticker it Kansas, Texas, and a few others, however appearantly there are people here in Denver willing to pay up to $20K over as the dealer where we have our Mustang Club meetings has sold 6 now at $20K over. I know, it makes no sense at all, but it is a fact. They did buy a few cars at over sticker from other dealers as they already had buyers. Crazy, crazy, but it absolutely is happening.

I have searched in my area and have found that there isnt any to be had in south Texas. McCombs is getting from 8-10K I ordered one from them in the exact color and all of that I wanted and am paying 8k over retail. My build date isnt until 12-17 so if someone has any good ideas on gewttting one cheaper Im all ears and all cash buyer BTW. :headspin:

Maybe where you live that may be the case, but for some dumb reason, dealers here in Colorado are buying from others at sticker + and making profit even with delivery. I would never buy over sticker and there are many around at sticker it Kansas, Texas, and a few others, however appearantly there are people here in Denver willing to pay up to $20K over as the dealer where we have our Mustang Club meetings has sold 6 now at $20K over. I know, it makes no sense at all, but it is a fact. They did buy a few cars at over sticker from other dealers as they already had buyers. Crazy, crazy, but it absolutely is happening.

Jeff,

Is it possible the effects of Colorado's new wacky tobacky law has any correlation to the high ADM's local dealers ask??? Seems it has been that way in Kalifornia for years...

Wow that is just crazy isn't it. Could never justify doing that either. I wouldn't be able to allow myself to pay full sticker either. Some guys are quite passionate about this stuff and will go to great lenghts to get one. The depreciation of equity in the car is absolutely ridiculous when you get in at those levels.

Why are you, so passionate about how someone else spends their money? Not intended to be a flame, just curious on why it bothers you so much.

Archived