TEAM SHELBY FORUM

electronic differential?

svt13

i don't know about the german cars but guys with serious 4wd offroad rigs have been using these for a few years now, they also make an air actuated locker.

i'm also not sure about these new ones that act as a limited slip when unlocked. these new ones sound pretty cool

the older type was strictly locked or un ocked

it's pretty much the ultimate in traction.

fully locked when you want/need traction with no clutches to wear and smooth driving on the street when you want/need it

not really a road racing kind of thing though as its either locked or unlocked, no torque biasing available like on a auburn posi unit

if you tried to corner with it locked up the inside wheel will chatter and skip causing the rearend some serious undue strain and possible breakage and/or a spinout or crash

try to corner with it unlocked, when you apply throttle you just spin the inside tire.

plus, i've read locking and/or unlockng at speed cases an unsettling sway in the rear of the car

so yeah, the old style was kind of a drag race/offroad/straight line part

this new system sound neat, i'm interested to see how it works in a real life street application

Do you have any mods DONE on the car? Sounds like my 4 year old with the Toys R Us Christmas wish book. DO SOME MODS, and report back as others do

Well for one you could look at my sig and see current mods done already.

And if once again I REALLY have to prove something to another moron like if I had the car to begin with, I can take a picture of the giant pile of parts sitting in my basement right now. I can also take a picture of the whiteline watts link,UCA, and bobs LCA, and steeda relocation brackets when they come later this week. It's really not my fault or your business that my mechanic has been extremely busy and isn't able to put some of my parts on till this friday, thats the price for having the best in the area do the work. Just like how I had to wait 2 months to get my car detailed because again price for having the best in the area do the work.

Now would you like me to make you look like a jerk or can you just back the f*** off? :)

i don't know about the german cars but guys with serious 4wd offroad rigs have been using these for a few years now, they also make an air actuated locker.

i'm also not sure about these new ones that act as a limited slip when unlocked. these new ones sound pretty cool

the older type was strictly locked or un ocked

it's pretty much the ultimate in traction.

fully locked when you want/need traction with no clutches to wear and smooth driving on the street when you want/need it

not really a road racing kind of thing though as its either locked or unlocked, no torque biasing available like on a auburn posi unit

if you tried to corner with it locked up the inside wheel will chatter and skip causing the rearend some serious undue strain and possible breakage and/or a spinout or crash

try to corner with it unlocked, when you apply throttle you just spin the inside tire.

plus, i've read locking and/or unlockng at speed cases an unsettling sway in the rear of the car

so yeah, the old style was kind of a drag race/offroad/straight line part

this new system sound neat, i'm interested to see how it works in a real life street application

Well the way you described it either way it doesn't sound good for cornering.

Well for one you could look at my sig and see current mods done already.

And if once again I REALLY have to prove something to another moron like if I had the car to begin with, I can take a picture of the giant pile of parts sitting in my basement right now. I can also take a picture of the whiteline watts link,UCA, and bobs LCA, and steeda relocation brackets when they come later this week. It's really not my fault or your business that my mechanic has been extremely busy and isn't able to put some of my parts on till this friday, thats the price for having the best in the area do the work. Just like how I had to wait 2 months to get my car detailed because again price for having the best in the area do the work.

Now would you like me to make you look like a jerk or can you just back the f*** off? :)

Thats very mature

Do you have any mods DONE on the car? Sounds like my 4 year old with the Toys R Us Christmas wish book. DO SOME MODS, and report back as others do

Yes, your response sounds so grown up. NOT! Please if you have a positive comment on the topic, please post.. If you can't add something to the forum other than your juvenile comments, please keep your fingers off the keyboard.

Yes, your response sounds so grown up. NOT! Please if you have a positive comment on the topic, please post.. If you can't add something to the forum other than your juvenile comments, please keep your fingers off the keyboard.

+1 million

http://www.wavetrac.net/technical.htm

I'll let Wavetrac explain the differences to you. I also believe Kenny Brown wrote up the reason he likes it better than a Gleason Torsion Differential or a spool. The electronic differential you have listed is like using a spool when it is engaged. If you have never had a wheel off the ground while trying to apply power to the others than you may not understand. If you've never driven a car on the street or track with a spool or with the spider gears welded to the axle gears, you will never understand what happens with this set up also.

http://www.steeda.co...rd-mustang.html

Anyone know anything of this? I know BMWs and other mercedec etc now have electronic differential but I don't really know how those work. Do they work like this one does? Any advantage to having this?

My Raptor has a electrically locking rear diff on it. I'm not sure what size axle it is but have wondered if it will retrofit....

Still wondering.

It would be GREAT for drag racing. Switch "ON" for racing, switch "OFF" for street driving.

Phill

SVT13, If you want a real HI-TECH car with all the late-ultra-sophisticated goodies, you should aim at something else but a SHELBY.

No offence to you or to FORD!!!

There is a huge difference in the technology used by some top automakers on their top models, compared to what we've got (and could bolt-on) on our cars.

I think your quest is an unending one and will just generate frustration.

If you're into muscle cars and into SHELBY's you're in for other reasons but ultra high tech solutions.

Archived