TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Boss 302

Snoopy49

The dealer I ordered my 2013 GT500 through just got in a 2013 Boss 302. I would like to help him find a buyer, but need to find a good forum Boss 302 forum. I posted it on the Boss 302 forums on SVT Perf and Mustang Source. Can anyone think of any others?

The car is located in California.

These are the main sites:

http://www.boss302.com (partial to this one!)

http://bossmustangsonline.com

That said every Mustang site pretty much as a "For Sale" area and I would also post there as you never know where the right buyer will be. Still amazes me so few dealers really understand or have an on-line marketing plan other than their own web site.

Do as you will, but unless there happens to be something remarkable about this particular vehicle like it's exactly like a car someone has been trying to find or being offered unusually cheaply, people are as likely to be suspicious that you're birddogging for your own benefit.

302's really aren't in short supply - even LS's. just my $ .02.

Do as you will, but unless there happens to be something remarkable about this particular vehicle like it's exactly like a car someone has been trying to find or being offered unusually cheaply, people are as likely to be suspicious that you're birddogging for your own benefit.

302's really aren't in short supply - even LS's. just my $ .02.

That may be all true but I know we have a guy looking for a SBY car over on the Boss forums that's been hard to locate within a reasonable distance and perhaps this might be the case?

As far as if someone has skin in the game I say "so what?" if I'm getting the right price and dealer wants to share the commission I say bring it on if it gets me the car I want at the price I like.

Just my 4 cents! ;-)

I don't have any skin in this game. I wish someone had taken the time to post about a deal on the car I was looking for, it would have saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Not everyone is trying to make a buck on their friends and other enthusiasts. People have helped me in the past and I am just trying to balance the scales.

That may be all true but I know we have a guy looking for a SBY car over on the Boss forums that's been hard to locate within a reasonable distance and perhaps this might be the case?

As far as if someone has skin in the game I say "so what?" if I'm getting the right price and dealer wants to share the commission I say bring it on if it gets me the car I want at the price I like.

Just my 4 cents! ;-)

Certainly possible, though with there being FAR fewer colors and option combinations, it'd be far less likely for there to be a proverbial needle lurking in a haystack among dealer stocks that wouldn't otherwise be represented, especially with Ford keeping geographic distribution of its product in mind and all the ways available to get a snapshot of what exists at the moment.

The REALLY valuable finds are what's in the pipe, already invoiced but not yet in stock. The month or so blind spot to what's soon to is the real jackpot potential - before others have been able to express an interest and the dealer pays floorplan financing

Otherwise, your average 302 with Recaros at SRP still abound. By all means, give it even a $.06 shot but, like anything, without something atypically compelling, I suspect more will likely ignore rather than consider it. And if happens to be a particularly poor proposition, it may even be met with derision given the myriad hostile threads about dealers and pricing.

YMMV

I guess the market is getting saturated for Bosses. I was at the Mecum Auction in Chicago today. There was a 2012 LS Black/red 324 miles on it, never registered, spolier still in the box in the trunk. Only went to 30K, reserve not met. (I was the high bidder) Seller wanted 40K which is still a decent price.

Anyway Thanks Snoopy for trying to help someone out.

I guess the market is getting saturated for Bosses. I was at the Mecum Auction in Chicago today. There was a 2012 LS Black/red 324 miles on it, never registered, spolier still in the box in the trunk. Only went to 30K, reserve not met. (I was the high bidder) Seller wanted 40K which is still a decent price.

Anyway Thanks Snoopy for trying to help someone out.

There were quite a few dealers that slapped big ADM's on these cars and didn't take them off. Some used the Boss as a halo car to get people in the showroom but then found themselves sitting on them when Ford released the 2013's early in March. At 324 miles it had a lot of "test" drives! ;-)

I decided to go over to the dealer and check out the Recaro's. I didn't order them for the GT500 because I couldn't find a car that had them. I figured this would my last opportunity to see if I liked them enough to add them to my order, I also wanted to see if my butt would fit the seat. Conclusion, I really like the seats, but the butt don't fit. At least now I won't be laying awake at night wondering if I should have bought the Recaro's.

I figured that I might as well take a few pictures while I was there. Sorry I didn't get any interior or engine bay shots.

PA270129-2.jpg

PA270126.jpg

PA270125.jpg

PA270124.jpg

PA270123.jpg

Archived