TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We need more new and fun topics...I'll Start Can you interchange computers?

662HP631TQ

I am coming from a Dodge Caliber SRT-4 and I had 3 PCM's that I could change out. I had the stock PCM, the Mopar Stage 1 PCM, and the High end Tuned PCM from an Aftermarket Tuner. I was wondering if in the past 2007-2012 if this was also possible with the GT-500. I would get a tuned computer if available and if need be change it out before going in for any warranty work. If this is out of line topic I apologize, I am just trying to get a feel for this car as I don't know it very well.

Let me know what you all know about it.

Welcome into the light.

You can swap engine tunes with any number of aftermarket tuners by SCT and other makers, each of which has its own tunes or a cadre of third party tuners who provide custom tunes based upon individual configurations and preferences. Each generally allows owners to restore the factory tune as simply as switching to another by simply connecting the device to the OBD-II port and uploading the new firmware. The tunes themselves entirely software-based - there's no "chip" to swap-out.

This is what most people do who find themselves needing warranty service but not wanting to subject themselves to perhaps needing to prove the tune wasn't responsible.

Welcome into the light.

You can swap engine tunes with any number of aftermarket tuners by SCT and other makers, each of which has its own tunes or a cadre of third party tuners who provide custom tunes based upon individual configurations and preferences. Each generally allows owners to restore the factory tune as simply as switching to another by simply connecting the device to the OBD-II port and uploading the new firmware. The tunes themselves entirely software-based - there's no "chip" to swap-out.

This is what most people do who find themselves needing warranty service but not wanting to subject themselves to perhaps needing to prove the tune wasn't responsible.

So there is NO trace that another tune had been applied, there isn't like a log file that Ford Technicians could check to see if it had been modified?

Sounds like modding might go down for me than, just a simple tune thought that is it!

So there is NO trace that another tune had been applied, there isn't like a log file that Ford Technicians could check to see if it had been modified?

Sounds like modding might go down for me than, just a simple tune thought that is it!

Yes.

Archived