TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Package

braztang

Can anyone explain the benefits of having a track pack for a 2013 owner who will never race?

Does the track pack improve ANYTHING for regular driving at all?

My car has it, but I cannot even tell it does have, except for the price I paid and as described in the window sticker!

Thank you in advance for any literated inputs.

Braztang

If you don't plan on road racing or live in an area that sees a lot of high temperature days, it is probably a waste of money.

I decided to go with the track pack and none of the above applies to me, except possibly wasting $3,000, welcome to the club. I figured that since this would be the first and last time I will ever spend this much money on a car, I would get exactly what I wanted and try not to justify my decision.

Outside of the $3,000 expense, I don't see any downside, and you won't be laying in bed awake at 2 am wondering if you should have bought it..

Enjoy the car.

Can anyone explain the benefits of having a track pack for a 2013 owner who will never race?

Does the track pack improve ANYTHING for regular driving at all?

My car has it, but I cannot even tell it does have, except for the price I paid and as described in the window sticker!

Thank you in advance for any literated inputs.

Braztang

Hey, I bought the track pack too. I think the reason for getting it is if you are out in the real world and you meet another Gt500 owner and he does not have the TP you can rock back on your heels and announce with a voice of athuority "Yeah, well mine's got the track pack on it so it is better than yours. It enhances the performance tremendously." Now be careful you don't smile too much when you say this or they will figure out you are full of SH**. :fan:

I opted not to get the track pack on my 13 . The stock wheels are far more striking (and easier to clean), and I saw no reason to spend an extra 3K. The stock suspension is certainly capable and even stiffer feeling than my previous (non-SVTPP) 2011. Absolutely love the way the car feels and handles.

I did get the track pack and never thought i would race. Well today I took my car to TWS (Texas World Speedway) running the 2.9 mile flat track. 3/4 mile of straight away was part of 22 degree bank of oval NASCAR track. My instructor told me to leave it in 4th gear the whole time so I could consentrate turning in the apex and turning out of apex. I was really rolling on the throttle during the turns and running 140mph on the straight bank portion of racetrack all in 4th gear with rpm around 5000. The coolers kept car cool and the advance track setting with sport mode suspension and steering sport mode made it handle like a dream.

I would spend the money on track package because of resale and if you decide to track the car you will have a great time without mechanical worry's from car.

so what's the deal about those of us in high temp areas that ordered convertibles? We didn't even have the option to get the track pack? If just every-day driving in high temperatures is somehow benefited by having the track pack then the Vert owners are s.o.l....

It's probably the same reason Ford used to limit the convertibles to 155 mph.

Hey, I bought the track pack too. I think the reason for getting it is if you are out in the real world and you meet another Gt500 owner and he does not have the TP you can rock back on your heels and announce with a voice of athuority "Yeah, well mine's got the track pack on it so it is better than yours. It enhances the performance tremendously." Now be careful you don't smile too much when you say this or they will figure out you are full of SH**. :fan:

Nearly every GT500 we sold had the T/P, except for mine. I opted for the SVTPP package and NOT the Track Pack. I added a Hayden tranny cooler to my 03 for road course and it worked awesome, but it was moving nearly twice as much fluid as the SVT version, and had a significantly larger heat exchanger. After talking with some of the engineers at SVT (and again this is my personal opinion) I felt it was more for the "bragging rights". Not to mention, the entire package weighs in at probably 30-40lbs. and who knows how many additional moving parts. So, if having the Track Pack gives you a sense of well-being, I'm all for it.... but its just not for everyone.

This is somewhat confusing,

From the 2013 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement V1 page 45.

"In the event the vehicle is intended for track use, and the loss of warranty coverage is not a concern, SVT recommends the car is equipped with the SVT Track Pack."

It just means if you plan to track the car to get the track pack. It also means if you tell your service department that you track it to plan on the possibility of your warranty being voided. They would still have to prove that tracking the car caused the issue.

Thanks, They make it sound like there will be a loss warranty cover if you equip the car with the Track Pack.

"In the event the vehicle is intended for track use" Since the the warranty already states that there will be a loss of warranty if you race or use the car for track use, why would they have to mention it.

"and the loss of warranty coverage is not a concern" What if it is a concern, should you avoid the SVT Track Pack?

Why didn't they simply state: "In the event the vehicle is intended for track use, SVT recommends the car is equipped with the SVT Track Pack."

Original statement: "In the event the vehicle is intended for track use, and the loss of warranty coverage is not a concern, SVT recommends the car is equipped with the SVT Track Pack."

Thanks, They make it sound like there will be a loss warranty cover if you equip the car with the Track Pack.

"In the event the vehicle is intended for track use" Since the the warranty already states that there will be a loss of warranty if you race or use the car for track use, why would they have to mention it.

"and the loss of warranty coverage is not a concern" What if it is a concern, should you avoid the SVT Track Pack?

Why didn't they simply state: "In the event the vehicle is intended for track use, SVT recommends the car is equipped with the SVT Track Pack."

Original statement: "In the event the vehicle is intended for track use, and the loss of warranty coverage is not a concern, SVT recommends the car is equipped with the SVT Track Pack."

That is all symantics. You have factory warranty as long as it does not get used on the track and they can prove it was. I got the extended Ford warranty, the best one, I think it is like platinum care or something like that for 7 years and 48000 miles. It would take me about 35 or 40 years to get 48000 miles on the car. So even though I have the track pack I am covered.

Archived