TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Ticket

Tikigrill

+1..I agree there is nothing to prove to anyone on the street...bring theirs to the track and see if they are as fast((or a good driver)) that they think they are.....A asshole in a bmw m3 stopped beside us at a light and said...I bet you $100 he could beat me to the next light...My wife replied I (she) would bet him his OWNERSHIP IF He would RACE my Husband on the 1/4 mile at our local track...He laughed and then turned right....She laughed...I SMILED...thats my WIFE.....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1..I agree there is nothing to prove to anyone on the street...bring theirs to the track and see if they are as fast((or a good driver)) that they think they are.....A asshole in a bmw m3 stopped beside us at a light and said...I bet you $100 he could beat me to the next light...My wife replied I (she) would bet him his OWNERSHIP IF He would RACE my Husband on the 1/4 mile at our local track...He laughed and then turned right....She laughed...I SMILED...thats my WIFE.....

I like it!!

I don't know if they still do or not but a few years ago in Las Vegas the local law enforcement held "supervised" drags out at the speedway because kids were doing it on the backroads and had huge success if I remember correctly. this was a bid deal on Friday or Saturday night=I think that is closer to safe than the backroads thing. I have been and EMT for 30 years and picked up the pieces "when something goes bad."

Its called Midnight Mayhem. They are still doing this on Friday nights.

Also do test and tune on Wednesdays.

These are both subject to other events at the track.

It is in part sponsored by local law enforcement as well as the track and a few other sponsors.

$5 to watch and $10 to race.

And all the necessary safety equipment and a nice smooth track.

Its called Midnight Mayhem. They are still doing this on Friday nights.

Also do test and tune on Wednesdays.

These are both subject to other events at the track.

It is in part sponsored by local law enforcement as well as the track and a few other sponsors.

$5 to watch and $10 to race.

And all the necessary safety equipment and a nice smooth track.

I think that is absolutely awesome! And the price is unbelievable-won't keep anybody that wants to participitate out of it. That would be fun to watch as well.

It's easy to do 90 in your Shelby and not get a ticket on the interstate. Just stay slightly behind all the Altimas, Camrys, and SUV's doing 100 on the way to work! True self control is restraining yourself from instantly turning them into little specs in your rear view. Seriously though, safe driving on the public roads is essential to respecting lives around you while also keeping these beautiful machines in production. I fear any excuse for the powers that be to ban these iconic muscle cars from the road because of statistics. It's tough though because if you ever take your Shelby's out of the garage you would see that doing 90 miles an hour feels like 55 in these cars and usually it's too late when you check it after you spot that trooper. Stay safe my friends.

You did get a break, you got a ticket. If I'd caught you, I'd arrested you and towed your car. You're one of those people with more money than brains, you want to drive fast, go to a track.

Guess you can guess what I do for a living and yes I own a Shelby. Can't believe anyone would come on her and brag about something like this and then complain they didn't get a break.

Steve R, if you're referring to me, I can assure you I was not bragging. Only venting frustration.

As a LEO I'm sure you can appreciate that every traffic stop has unique variables. And in this case I was hoping that given the situation I would get a bit of a break. I certainly did deserve to go to jail and at that speed am elated that I didn't have to make that trip.

Thank you for your service.

Archived