TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Follow this order in real time

dave 316

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-18936-0-56601400-1352995348_thumb.jpgYEAH ! ! Just got this phone pick from my sales rep.

Rolled off the transport truck this morning. In make-ready. Hopefully in my garage tomorrow afternoon after a nice top down drive around town (temperature should be upper 60's) :wub2:

that is awesome, I would take the day off and go over right now.

that is awesome, I would take the day off and go over right now.

i would have, if i could have left an office full of patients for the afternoon! But i did swing by to check it out after work, should be ready by lunch tomorrow. And, they gave me my DVD , just finished watching it . Too bad everybody doesn't get one.

And, they gave me my DVD , just finished watching it . Too bad everybody doesn't get one.

Amen. It's never going to be mistaken for "Kane". But for the forty-or-so minute investment required, it reveals more about the car to each of its owners than any dozen salespeople I've ever met combined.

Picked my new ride up Friday afternoon. Put about 40 miles on it Friday, 20 on Saturday, and drove it to work this morning. I can't find a single bad thing to say about the car. First impression was how much easier the clutch/transmission is to use than my 08 (even after 2 fly wheel and clutch replacements and a total rebuild of the transmission). This thing is a dream to shift. Don't know what people are talking about re: gearing and stalling issues. Mine is smooth and predictable and the pedal is much softerer than what i have been using the past 5 years. It feels like the shift from 2->3rd is where it really wants to grab the road and go, have to be carefull there as i have slid the rear end a few times just a bit. Love the headlights, the adjustable steering and suspension (using N suspension and S steering), the radio/nav/phone interface works great, Recarro's are super comfortable, dual climate controls made the wife happy, lighted rocker panels are a nice touch too. Nothing bad to say. One happy camper here :wub2:

Picked my new ride up Friday afternoon. Put about 40 miles on it Friday, 20 on Saturday, and drove it to work this morning. I can't find a single bad thing to say about the car. First impression was how much easier the clutch/transmission is to use than my 08 (even after 2 fly wheel and clutch replacements and a total rebuild of the transmission). This thing is a dream to shift. Don't know what people are talking about re: gearing and stalling issues. Mine is smooth and predictable and the pedal is much softerer than what i have been using the past 5 years. It feels like the shift from 2->3rd is where it really wants to grab the road and go, have to be carefull there as i have slid the rear end a few times just a bit. Love the headlights, the adjustable steering and suspension (using N suspension and S steering), the radio/nav/phone interface works great, Recarro's are super comfortable, dual climate controls made the wife happy, lighted rocker panels are a nice touch too. Nothing bad to say. One happy camper here :wub2:

that's awesome, good for you. I'm interested to see what the clutch is like myself, i'm going from a C5 vette to the shelby. can't wait for my pick up day on 12/13.

ok, today as of 230 pm, CSX says the car is placed at industry twin oaks,PA. Google maps shows a rail yard with car transporters on site. this is around 70 miles or less from my dealer. how do i update from here, or how long does it usually stay at this stage? ford custumer service, and svt are still a day behind and show it in ohio? thanks. can't sleep now! CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE MY NVH VIDEO!!!

ok, today as of 230 pm, CSX says the car is placed at industry twin oaks,PA. Google maps shows a rail yard with car transporters on site. this is around 70 miles or less from my dealer. how do i update from here, or how long does it usually stay at this stage? ford custumer service, and svt are still a day behind and show it in ohio? thanks. can't sleep now! CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE MY NVH VIDEO!!!

You can't.

Welcome to automotive blue balls. Your car will leave Twin Oaks when enough cars exist to fill and dispatch a carrier toward your dealer or a group of stores that includes yours. I've personally experienced time frames of two days to three weeks. It's all up to happenstance at this point.

By the way, I just used Bing's bird's eye view to look at Twin Oaks and there seems to be a '13 Vert with what looks like history's largest vulture shit - ALL OVER the hood. Coincidence? :)

got the call this morning. car is expected today. he said friday at the latest. this will be the last post from me in this thread. next one will be delivery/ first detail photos. thanks to all that offered advise, and shared the agony of waiting. i guessed nov 15th, madlock said thanksgiving. the bronze all knowing award goes to.......

Archived