TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Follow this order in real time

dave 316

So if they upgrade the paint shop before they start production of the Fusion or the 2014 Mustangs, those 2013 Mustangs that are produced after the upgrade will be painted using the new 3-wet paint process. Now all we need to do is determine when the upgrade will take place.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if they upgrade the paint shop before they start production of the Fusion or the 2014 Mustangs, those 2013 Mustangs that are produced after the upgrade will be painted using the new 3-wet paint process.

Not likely.

Now all we need to do is determine when the upgrade will take place.

Why?

Ok, car is built and now sitting on ramp 51. So far I would consider myself being lucky. Car has an eta of Nov 3rd. Ordered Sept 17th, build complete Oct 22. Man I can,t wait. Update when I can find out how to get a train car number. Am I correct that the dealer gets this info?

that's pretty quick from order to build, you got lucky for sure

I must be even luckier. I ordered mine on Aug 24th, got a build date of the week of October 22nd, just found out today it was built Friday the 19th and is already enroute!

• 2 weeks later...

My guess of Nov 15th is looking pretty solid. Car just was assigned a railcar number today, leaving the yard tomorrow, and 3-5 days in transit to jersey, as told by auto port limited in flat rock mi. now bring on the NVH LOL,LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :club:

next step, like my buddy on this and other forums, ask opinions on a million mods i will never buy!!!

:hysterical2:

It's not enough to simply ask. You must then disagree. Better leave your car at the dealer until you get the protocol straight.

ok, my call was 11/15. this did not take into account the Superstorm Sandy delays. My dealer was without power for a week, and the car was awaiting shipment the week of 10/25. anyway today i got this update: In Transit - Received - Obob561 (Csx Transportation ) Ramp 5M, New Boston, MI Nov-09-2012, 22:29 ET. now is that my railcar number? when i try to track on CSX it tells me that number has no status report? thanks. 3 days til my guess deadline. I do have a sneak peek thoughshelby-63.jpg 2012-10-27

in summary ordered sept 17th, vin 10 days later, built oct 23rd, released oct 25, shipping yard oct 31, on train nov 13, eta now nov 18th. my guess was the 15th, so exactly 2 months is pretty sweet compared to most. on oct 31 status was shipping delay-weather. so without superstorm sandy, i may have had it. instead my beach house got slammed. we are very lucky to have something left to fix. 1000 feet away from us homes we destroyed

Great thread, I ordered my 2013 GT500, GB with black stripes (complete package without the glass roof) at the end of May along with a School Bus Yellow Boss 302. I was told by my dealer in Portland that my Shelby was his allocation 2 vehicle which had a potential build date in August and the Boss was a December build date. I have had the Boss build date just confirmed as early December but still no advise from my dealers Ford Rep yet on the Shelby. Why so long, hugely frustrating. Strangely ZR 1's are to starting look good.

in summary ordered sept 17th, vin 10 days later, built oct 23rd, released oct 25, shipping yard oct 31, on train nov 13, eta now nov 18th. my guess was the 15th, so exactly 2 months is pretty sweet compared to most. on oct 31 status was shipping delay-weather. so without superstorm sandy, i may have had it. instead my beach house got slammed. we are very lucky to have something left to fix. 1000 feet away from us homes we destroyed

Your car will still need to go through the Twin Oaks yard south of Philly before being staged and trucked-off for the last part of the trip. Figure about a week from once it gets offloaded into the yard.

My build date was Oct. 25th too. Train trip to Mesquite, Texas completed last Monday the 5th. Now 9 days later and it still hasn't made it the last 200 miles by truck to Abilene. Hard to belive it takes longer to catch a train from Michigan to Texas than to get a truck going West from Mesquite. :banghead:

My build date was Oct. 25th too. Train trip to Mesquite, Texas completed last Monday the 5th. Now 9 days later and it still hasn't made it the last 200 miles by truck to Abilene. Hard to belive it takes longer to catch a train from Michigan to Texas than to get a truck going West from Mesquite. :banghead:

Even HARDER to believe it's cheaper to ship a car from the U.S. to Europe than overland from Detroit to Dallas.

Archived