TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Follow this order in real time

dave 316

On 9-17-2012 my dealer submitted my order with a priority code of 10. Race Red, Sonic Blue stripes, Recaros, SVTPP, Glass roof, Nav. I was told i vin number in 10 days. I will updated this thread as I am contacted, or make contact. Thought it would be fun to see at this stage of the model year exactly how long from deposit to delivery. Anybody care to take a stab at delivery date? I'm in New Jersey and ordered from a local dealer who has a Luguna Seca Boss and a Cobra Jet in the show room. I will go on record with a guess of November 15th. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks (By the way, I was told this car was already in the system, and it was changed to the way I ordered it.Don't know if that means anything, but the car was already ordered some time ago, order was changed in the system on Sept 17th)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought my process was going rather swiftly. I ordered July 5th and got a VIN on Aug 23. Car is scheduled to be built in 9 more days which is OCT 1st. Then across the street for stripes. Then a short truck ride to my dealer. He is only 50 miles from the Flat Rock plant. So depending on when they get it on the truck it will be over three months. My dealer is quite a large dealer that sells many stangs so my understanding is that this moves his orders up in the scheduling lineup over say a small dealer that only sells a few dozen stangs in a year. I also had priority 10 but that pertains to your dealer only and as to where he wants your car in his Mustang que of cars to be built for him. Not knowing when he actually ordered the car makes it hard to guess any date. I don't know where he is getting the 10 days for the VIN to be assigned but it could be an educated guess from the date that he placed the order. As I mentioned already it took seven weeks to get my VIN. I wish you all the luck in the world that you get your car quickly but don't lose sleep over it. :drop:

It is pretty impossible to tell. MANY guys ordered in March and April and still don't have cars. Your best bet is to get with your dealer and have them contact their zone rep to find out what month your car will be built.

Since it doesn't seem like you have a VIN or a build date, I would think the November 15th date is fantastically optimistic. They are now scheduling at the end of October and there are plant shutdowns in November and December.

Unless you are already scheduled to build, I wouldn't think you'd see your car for a while. :(

Like I said though, your dealer's zone rep will be the best source of information for you.

Ok ,, dealer just called with Vin number, today Sept 27th. 1o days from when they changed the order of an inbound car they had that somebody backed out of. So far, so good. Manager said Vin should be about 10 days, and they gave it to me on the 10th day. On the page they printed and emailed me, it says 2013 Mustang, then the VIN. Under that it says status, Under the word primary it says, in order processing. next to that under secondary it says, scheduled to week (week of Oct 22 2012). next to that it says vehicle location, auto alliance international inc, MI. next to that it says status date, ASept 27th 2012. (which im guessing means date of inquery?) last line says ETA which is blank.

Bottom of page states Ford Confidential: The information contained within is Ford Motor Company confidential.

Anybody seen this before or know what it all means? Vin number entered into the window sticker finder says number not found. thanks

You won't get the window sticker until about a week before it is built. I got my window sticker on Sept 22 and the car is being built on OCT 1. Auto Alliance is the plant in Flat Rock Michigan where it is built. The "In order processing" just means it is waiting to go down the line as scheduled on approximately October 22nd. The delivery of the car is undetermined at this time so ETA is left blank. I hope you have a cozy bed made for the Shelby to sleep through the winter unless you plan on putting a snow plow on the front. :hysterical3:

10/1/2012 Just got off the phone with SVT build date 10/22/2012. A couple days over a month since deposit to build date. Not doing too bad. My guess of delivery for November 15th isn't looking that bad at this point!!

Ok ,, dealer just called with Vin number, today Sept 27th, scheduled to week (week of Oct 22 2012). next to that it says vehicle location, auto alliance international inc, MI. next to that it says status date, ASept 27th 2012. (which im guessing means date of inquery?) last line says ETA which is blank.

Bottom of page states Ford Confidential: The information contained within is Ford Motor Company confidential.

Anybody seen this before or know what it all means? Vin number entered into the window sticker finder says number not found. thanks

My dealer just let me know I had a VIN as well. Looks like we have the same scheduled week - Oct 22 2012. Where do input your VIN for the window sticker? Google? Or is there a Ford specific site?

Thanks. Now the waiting game really begins!

My dealer just let me know I had a VIN as well. Looks like we have the same scheduled week - Oct 22 2012. Where do input your VIN for the window sticker? Google? Or is there a Ford specific site?

Thanks. Now the waiting game really begins!

You should be able to get your window sticker around Saturday.

You should be able to get your window sticker around Saturday.

And you are RIGHT! It didn't pull up yesterday; but, today....there it was! I'm more excited now than when I was looking for a Red Ryder BB gun under my Christmas tree!

Yeah, I know. Don't shoot your eye out kid.

And you are RIGHT! It didn't pull up yesterday; but, today....there it was! I'm more excited now than when I was looking for a Red Ryder BB gun under my Christmas tree!

Yeah, I know. Don't shoot your eye out kid.

I talked to my salesman yesterday. He said the last they knew my car was getting stripes on it (Built 12 days ago). They were trying to find a delivery date but could not. They say to expect it to arrive at the dealer any day from Monday on. Said they have the covered trailer all lined up to deliver it to my house. :worship:

I talked to my salesman yesterday. He said the last they knew my car was getting stripes on it (Built 12 days ago). They were trying to find a delivery date but could not. They say to expect it to arrive at the dealer any day from Monday on. Said they have the covered trailer all lined up to deliver it to my house. :worship:

Congrats!

Madlock, got a 2013 PBA card for you if you can use your sources to find the build numbers on the race red with sonic blue stripes and glass roof w recaros, and svtpp. ive only seen one other than mine

I can only tell you how many SO FAR, but I want one of them big honkin' shields that screams "Paid in Advance" and takes 3 suction cups to keep in-place.

There are only 8 Race Red and Sonic Blue cars to begin with but, unless my crystal ball badly needs some Windex, precisely zero cars exist as you describe as I believe yours ALSO happens to include the Electronics Package and Car Cover, presuming yours is 5272.

3 of the 8 have been exported. The other 4 went to stores in SD, FL, KS and OR.

Archived