TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT Performance Package or NOT!

braztang

The sales man said the same as you, however when we consulted with the Owner of the Dealership, we went into the system to do the mod and the system retunred that it is not possible in the same order because it is a performance package, then he called in SOMEONE and they advised that anything can be changed when it is NOT a major package like the SVTPP, however they could re assign the build and do it, but would be a new order in the same allocation and would start from today!

Now I am confused if it is all true or not, even though it seemed a logical explanation.

Any thoughts from experienced poeple out there?

thanks

braztang

I literally changed the color of my car like 4 times

Here it goes...I not only changed the SVTPP but also changed everything else...I backed out from my order, told the dealer I am no longer interested...even though the car went into production as of TONIGHT!!! another 6 to 8 weeks?

The order was for a GRABBER BLUE and WHITE STRIPES with Electronic package only... at MSRP plus 6% if anyone in NY area is interested, as they said they are not giving me back my 1,000.00 Dollars deposit, then let the car come and I will see what I do...maybe someone else buys it and gives me the 1K deposit back...

I just bought it ONLINE a GT500 with ALL options minus Glass Roof at 1,090.00 Dollars below MSRP...can you believe it? and the car was out for only 8 hours...The main reason it did not sell before was because of the color combo!!!

Anyway, it will grow on me and I already started to like it. I am going to pick it up on the weekend. Sterling Grey with Sonic Blue stripes.

braztang

I would leave it as is. I didn't get it because the stock suspension is perfect for me and I like the base wheels a lot better. As far as resale value, I wouldn't let that sway you either way. Its not going to make that much of a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my dilemma right now as i am deciding what opitions to order,I will not track the car and I hate the wheels,and will be changing them but does the base suspension ride soft all the time or is it just stiff all the time,and what is the difference in the rear ends,I know the Torsten a stronger unit but is it really necessary ?is the base rear end gonna grenade at some point ,I can afford but do I really need it? Opinions

Oops. Sorry guys. Mine is a '12 which doesn't have the adjustable shocks. My bad. So if the '13 with SVTPP can be even smoother than a non-SVT PP '12, well that's a great accomplishment by Ford. In that case, maybe I'd lean back to getting the SVTPP option. Ugh, if only I could've waited one more year. But no complaints - I'm very content with my '12.

Unless I'm wrong our 12 has the capability to change from sport to comfort-isn't that what you're talking about? I always put it on comfort as it isn't as stiff.

This is my dilemma right now as i am deciding what opitions to order,I will not track the car and I hate the wheels,and will be changing them but does the base suspension ride soft all the time or is it just stiff all the time,and what is the difference in the rear ends,I know the Torsten a stronger unit but is it really necessary ?is the base rear end gonna grenade at some point ,I can afford but do I really need it? Opinions

Torsen dif is better for the oval track for coming out of turns and such. It is no stronger than the limited slip and will not last any longer. The limited slip was upgraded with the '13's so don't worry about it grenading.

Torsen dif is better for the oval track for coming out of turns and such. It is no stronger than the limited slip and will not last any longer. The limited slip was upgraded with the '13's so don't worry about it grenading.

It was? I never read that? Where did you read this? The only upgrade differential talk they were talking about was the torsen. Pretty sure the regular limited slip is the as the 12.

Thanks that helps clear that up, what about the base suspension ,I will probably lower the car anyway,is the base set up on the stiff side or the loose side

OK I already have a 13 Shelby. Now a small town dealer wanted to sell me a 13 with Recaros but no performance package or track pack. Why would you order a Shelby with Recaros and no performance package or track pack? I almost bought it(for a collertor car} until I saw the rims and I knew for sure it was a base Shelby with recaros and nor other performance packages on it? He almost pulled a fast one on me until I got a pic of the wheels! I guess a girl or a kid ordered it! denohew

No more dilemma here!

I found and bought a 2013 fully loaded, except glass roof!

Even if I did not find it, I would be happy with a no-SVTPP, however for the prices we are paying! It is always better to have the loaded one, even though I think that the Track Package is a waste of money for most of us...I have or even been able to see where those pumps and coolers are! Really.

No more need to wait of my order, it has been passed to another buyer and my GT500 is already in my home, waiting for my arrival from duty... As I write, waiting for my connection flight in Brussels right now!

Take care guys.

braztang

OK I already have a 13 Shelby. Now a small town dealer wanted to sell me a 13 with Recaros but no performance package or track pack. Why would you order a Shelby with Recaros and no performance package or track pack? I almost bought it(for a collertor car} until I saw the rims and I knew for sure it was a base Shelby with recaros and nor other performance packages on it? He almost pulled a fast one on me until I got a pic of the wheels! I guess a girl or a kid ordered it! denohew

easy there, I ordered mine with recaros and not the SVTPP. I don't ever plan to track the car but like push my cars form time to time. once I sat in the recaros vs standard seats, I had to get them. not to mention it saved me $3g on the sticker.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably regret this post, but here goes.

The resale argument is pure BS to me. The only must have option on a 2013/14 GT500 is the 5.8 TVS blown engine. That engine is the entire reason the car exists and the primary reason that anyone is looking to buy one. None of us will ever have a problem selling our cars down the line if we choose to. Given that, spending an additional $3495 on an upgraded performance suspension that the OP doesn't plan to even use, makes absolutely no sense to me.

Unless of course, you are trying to tell me that he is going to get more than the price of the option ($3495) back at resale time. In that case, then we have an option that adds to resale value. Otherwise, he is spending $3495 to get $1000 back later on for an option he never used.

I totally agree. It's all about the H.P. and Torque. The rest is about them making money on the add on's. You'll never get it back.

I ordered mine with all the bells and whistles except the Recaro. I can have a set of seats and upholter the front and back the way I want for the same cost. With that said I did think about opting out of the susp. upgrade and going with air ride cause it looks so cool to drop it on the ground at car shows. I had air ride on my 66 but was never quite happy with the feel of it when performance driving. For that reason I decided that the mfg. installed tech would suit me better.

JMO But once you get well over 70K with all the goodies who cares about the extra $3,500. It would be tough to replicate the tech for that.

Either way, everyone has different opinions for what they like depending on personal preference.

This time around I didnt want to do so many in depth mods to my car like I did to my 66.

I totally agree. It's all about the H.P. and Torque. The rest is about them making money on the add on's. You'll never get it back.

It's not that the options add value. It's that it makes it easier to sell. There are a lot of people who want the electronic bilsteins and will pass on a car without them. That is the main value in the performance pack. I know I wouldn't buy a base car without the electronic bilsteins. Now granted when I bought my car I thought I wasn't going to change the sways and springs but now I am.

Looking back I probably would have not gotten the SVTPP and just got hydraulic koni coil overs because those are better than the bilsteins. But not everyone is as crazy as me. Also the bilsteins were specifically made for this car so people like that too. They like that they can push a button in their car and see the shock change from n to s and such.

It's not that the options add value. It's that it makes it easier to sell. There are a lot of people who want the electronic bilsteins and will pass on a car without them. That is the main value in the performance pack. I know I wouldn't buy a base car without the electronic bilsteins. Now granted when I bought my car I thought I wasn't going to change the sways and springs but now I am.

Looking back I probably would have not gotten the SVTPP and just got hydraulic koni coil overs because those are better than the bilsteins. But not everyone is as crazy as me. Also the bilsteins were specifically made for this car so people like that too. They like that they can push a button in their car and see the shock change from n to s and such.

The best way to look at it is if you want the add on's buy them because you want them and not for resale value. This way theres no regrets later. If you don't want them then you don't need them, and if you want them then you do need them! Journey moment?

The best way to look at it is if you want the add on's buy them because you want them and not for resale value. This way theres no regrets later. If you don't want them then you don't need them, and if you want them then you do need them! Journey moment?

This works too. For example I wanted the track pack but at the last minute decided against it now I regret my order lol. I also originally wanted red or blue with black stripes but got black for a more stealth look and regret that too :). Cleaning it is a pain in the assssss. Also there were like no pictures out of red and hardly any of DIB when I placed my order.

Archived