TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question about SHELBY COVER *DLR-INSTLD- ACCY*

webush

Just purchased a 2013 GT500 this week and noticed that on the window sticker there is a charge of $375 for SHELBY COVER *DLR-INSTLD- ACCY

When i called the dealer regarding this they claimed it is for the added parts on the lower bumper assembly. When looking on the ford site the same amount is charged for an actual car cover. Does anyone know if this charge is actually for a cover that i did not receive or if the dealer is correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Just purchased a 2013 GT500 this week and noticed that on the window sticker there is a charge of $375 for SHELBY COVER *DLR-INSTLD- ACCY

When i called the dealer regarding this they claimed it is for the added parts on the lower bumper assembly. When looking on the ford site the same amount is charged for an actual car cover. Does anyone know if this charge is actually for a cover that i did not receive or if the dealer is correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Your dealer is either clueless or is simply lying. It's an actual car cover. I can't figure out how to attach the screenshot I just took but, if you build your own Shelby on Ford's site (http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/trim/?trim=shelbygt500), it's listed and pictured under "Exterior Options".

Yes it's a gray car cover with S H E L B Y lettering on the back and a Snake on the front top portion where the hood is and has fitted sleeves for the mirrors and antenna. It comes with the car, you paid for it. Show them the Window Sticker again. Call Ford Customer Service if this doesn't resolve it and the person on the phone will explain it to them to give you that car cover! Look at window sticker, Car Cover. Usually its in the trunk and in a sealed black plastic bag.

post-32744-0-69892200-1347515894_thumb.jpg

post-32744-0-07028500-1347515906_thumb.jpg

post-32744-0-16039100-1347515917_thumb.jpg

post-32744-0-64560000-1347516022_thumb.jpg

post-32744-0-69892200-1347515894_thumb.jpg

post-32744-0-07028500-1347515906_thumb.jpg

post-32744-0-16039100-1347515917_thumb.jpg

post-32744-0-64560000-1347516022_thumb.jpg

The car cover is actually drop shipped from an outside vendor of Ford's to each dealer that orders the car with the car cover option.The car cover usually shows up at the dealership weeks before the car does. Somebody in the dealers parts department is sitting on it, as it should have been placed in the trunk of the car at the time of the pre-delivery inspection. If the guy cleaning or inspecting the car doesn't know this than he never walks to the parts department to get the cover and place it in the trunk before the car is sold. If the customer never ask for it upon his inspection before taking delivery than it should still be at the dealerships part department. hopefully everybody is honest and it hasn't disappeared on you.

No, no, no, you guys got it all wrong. The "car cover" as stated on the window sticker is OBVIOUSLY what covers the car! :blink: It's the colored material that is applied over top of the metal and thus it's "car cover". I constantly and endlessly hear people make reference to this as "paint" but the industry standard term is "car cover". I am sure if you ask the "very knowledgable" dealership that they will confirm that "ya got everything you were suppose to, ESPECIALLY the real purdy car cover. There aint nuttin extra you uppose to get now on yer way :tease:

I'll give you the proper explanation of what "paint" really means in another post. :lol:

QSS

The car cover is actually drop shipped from an outside vendor of Ford's to each dealer that orders the car with the car cover option.The car cover usually shows up at the dealership weeks before the car does. Somebody in the dealers parts department is sitting on it, as it should have been placed in the trunk of the car at the time of the pre-delivery inspection. If the guy cleaning or inspecting the car doesn't know this than he never walks to the parts department to get the cover and place it in the trunk before the car is sold. If the customer never ask for it upon his inspection before taking delivery than it should still be at the dealerships part department. hopefully everybody is honest and it hasn't disappeared on you.

+1 Mr. Haney has it exactly right - mine showed up at the dealer about 2 weeks via FedEx before the car did.

• 3 weeks later...

is it a decent cover or would you reccomend getting an aftermarket cover? seems kind of expensive for a car cover.

Definitely go aftermarket - the factory one is like a nylon parachute - I would not let it touch the paint on my car. I went with the Covercraft Form Fit cover - nice soft cloth with interior fleece lining.

Archived