TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stay black on black shelby or go black with red?

svt13

For people to visualize http://mustangsdaily...super-snake.jpg The seat would have this exact pattern so its different than the stock pattern, but instead of a yellow cobra imagine a red one. Also the bolsters and from bottom to top where the cobra is would be all alcantara is what I am thinking. Or could leave bolsters leather if that would look better.

I prefer contrast in most things involved with cars. Dark color cars chrome wheels, Yellow cars grey wheels, white cars patina type gold wheels. I think those kinds of combos are good and some are classic. My opinion is I like the red stripes better. It gives you a visual aesthetic pleasure the black on black can;t. Black on black is nice, like others have said, and it is subtle, but the thought that you are even considering this, tells me you aren't subtle at all. Plus all the other visual changes you have made. My thoughts on you is that you are one to appreciate aesthetics, so I say go for it!!! Plus I like red with Carbon Fiber! I hope this helps!

I prefer contrast in most things involved with cars. Dark color cars chrome wheels, Yellow cars grey wheels, white cars patina type gold wheels. I think those kinds of combos are good and some are classic. My opinion is I like the red stripes better. It gives you a visual aesthetic pleasure the black on black can;t. Black on black is nice, like others have said, and it is subtle, but the thought that you are even considering this, tells me you aren't subtle at all. Plus all the other visual changes you have made. My thoughts on you is that you are one to appreciate aesthetics, so I say go for it!!! Plus I like red with Carbon Fiber! I hope this helps!

But is it worth the 4200 it would cost? 3000 interior 900 stripes and around 300-400 labor for the stripes. Thats like the million dollar question. If i'm keeping this car for 5-7 years is it worth it? Though I think people spend more money than that just upgrading to a different supercharger.

Cuz I been looking at the market place on forums with the shelbys from 2008 and even to 2011 they are taking HUGE losses even with some of them having tons of mods. So this kind of makes me think I should stay away from massive mods like interior upgrades and stripe changes especially if I won't even get half of that back.

You have to spend it and you get to enjoy it...so really only you can answer that.

this is true. Its just my last car I completely regreted doing the 7k in mods I did to it. But I feel once I finish everything on my list this would be one bad ass looking and performing car. I'm essentially trying to do the right mods I guess? Since a lot of people just take these cars and throw on random crap or the same crap and it gets problems and loses its drivability or just looks tacky. I'm really only putting mods that will actually make a noticeable difference and keep stock drivability and reliability. But as far as this exterior stuff it has to be something that pretty much anyone would appreciate. Looks are subjective but there are just some things that 99% of people will agree looks awesome.

Also its hard to gauge the worth of this because as I'm looking at other cars for sale NONE of them have what I am planning. The only cars equivalent to this are super snakes. But a lot of super snakes have crazy ass tacky colors and stuff in them that I'm not going to do.

What are your current recaros worth? This could help defray the cost of the interior upgrade.

It would be just the skin. They are not replacing the ENTIRE seat. Just the covers. And I was going to keep them incase when I sell them the person once the original look. Idk how much I could sell the covers for? But for someone to buy recaros fom ford if not with the car after all said and done would cost around 4k.But thats including everything. Idk how much just the seat covers are worth.

I can only answer if t will look good. How much it is worth to you is up to you. The economics of it has to be on you r own research and it looks as if you've done it. The million dollar question is for only you to answer. I don't see my car as am\n investment, it could be a welcome by-product, but I don't see it as a main reason to buy the car or mod it. I'd much rather invest elsewhere. If I like something and it adds character to a car even if it is just subjective to me, I'll consider it very much. If you look at those cars and they are losing value, you might want to think about it, but this car for the near term (5-7 years) is going to lose value no matter what especially in the ass end of that range. I don't know man, ultimately I think for what you might spend, it might be spent elsewhere better. Again though, that million $ question is only one YOU can answer, sometimes you have to make tough decisions, no matter how silly they are!

I can only answer if t will look good. How much it is worth to you is up to you. The economics of it has to be on you r own research and it looks as if you've done it. The million dollar question is for only you to answer. I don't see my car as am\n investment, it could be a welcome by-product, but I don't see it as a main reason to buy the car or mod it. I'd much rather invest elsewhere. If I like something and it adds character to a car even if it is just subjective to me, I'll consider it very much. If you look at those cars and they are losing value, you might want to think about it, but this car for the near term (5-7 years) is going to lose value no matter what especially in the ass end of that range. I don't know man, ultimately I think for what you might spend, it might be spent elsewhere better. Again though, that million $ question is only one YOU can answer, sometimes you have to make tough decisions, no matter how silly they are!

See thats the thing. Your right probably 5 years down the road all of these modifications any of us are going to do are going to be worthless. But if I didn't spend the 4500 on this now I literally would just save it then. Ughhhh I hate that its 4500 if it was 2000 I'd do it no problem. But then again another 2500 isn't so much but then where does it end? Plus I added all of the other things and in total if I were to do this my total mods on this car would be 10k (biggest purchases would be this and the damn alcoa rims for 3500 unless in the next week Jer tells us they are going to remake them). So I'm starting to hover back to the leave it alone idea.

See thats the thing. Your right probably 5 years down the road all of these modifications any of us are going to do are going to be worthless. But if I didn't spend the 4500 on this now I literally would just save it then. Ughhhh I hate that its 4500 if it was 2000 I'd do it no problem. But then again another 2500 isn't so much but then where does it end? Plus I added all of the other things and in total if I were to do this my total mods on this car would be 10k (biggest purchases would be this and the damn alcoa rims for 3500 unless in the next week Jer tells us they are going to remake them). So I'm starting to hover back to the leave it alone idea.

5 years down the road!!!....nope bet you the mods whatever they are you'll not get your money back in 5 days after doing the mods...in saying that

mod away thats what it's all about personalize the car the way you like it..and as far as the Alcoa's go they are without dought the best looking

wheel ever put on a Stang IMO..

5 years down the road!!!....nope bet you the mods whatever they are you'll not get your money back in 5 days after doing the mods...in saying that

mod away thats what it's all about personalize the car the way you like it..and as far as the Alcoa's go they are without dought the best looking

wheel ever put on a Stang IMO..

Lol 5 days? You wouldn't pay 1k extra to have your seat fuel suede and nice custom colors?

Ok, now you're talking about trying to save some money... Yet before you're talking about spending $900 for parts and $3-400 labor for your stripes, that you insist must be OEM. Have you worked with or seen aftermarket stripes? I've striped a couple of cars now, and good aftermarket kits use 3M material (probably EXACTLY what the OEM stripes are made from, certainly no lower quality). I can easily knock $1k off your mod price right there--buy aftermarket and install them yourself. Striping a car is SUPER easy, and a great way to get into modding a car yourself, which is a lot more satisfying than just paying to have your car modded.

I'm not sure what you are looking for from folks here, but the simple answer is, if you want it, do it. If you don't want it, don't. If you don't want to spend as much money, then look into DIY.

Well I made the thread to see what people would think looks better. It just shifted to worth for some reason. Plus I am going with OEM stripes because aftermarket ones are not gloss from what I have seen and they don't say gt500 on the side.

Lol 5 days? You wouldn't pay 1k extra to have your seat fuel suede and nice custom colors?

I wouldn't pay $1,00 for alcantra ( suede ) anywhere in my car...I had it stock on the inserts of the seats of my 04 Cobra and didn't like it

at all..I like leather with the exception of logo embroidering on the seat like in my ZR-1 thats it but to each his own go for what you like on

the int or ext.

Just an idea, but what about black on black, but do a thin red line out line on the strips. Might be the small addition your looking for without going all out. As far as the interior goes, if your going to spend the money, then have the seats re-stiched in red, as well as the center portion and maybe the shift boot. Not to much, but just enought to tie it all in and be different than any other one out there...

Just an idea, but what about black on black, but do a thin red line out line on the strips. Might be the small addition your looking for without going all out. As far as the interior goes, if your going to spend the money, then have the seats re-stiched in red, as well as the center portion and maybe the shift boot. Not to much, but just enought to tie it all in and be different than any other one out there...

I like this!

I like the idea of the red stitching on black leather.

Sorry folks but I need a little side track answer suggestion. I need to get a set of lower door GT500 stripe kits in matte black and Suck on You Graphics is in the process of moving his shop to Oregon. Do we have another high quality supplier on our list of trusted suppliers I can call?

Thank you

I decided to stay stock for now. I may actually be replacing fenders and doors with the exact same carbon fiber pieces from the RTR-C so I may put the money to something will give good looks and performance but again thinking if its worth it. The total cost would again be around 5k though this isn't cheap CF its full 100% OEM. Just take a look at the RTR-C to see what it looks like and that car is 140k

• 2 weeks later...

My 2013 is Black w/red stripes. I love the color combo with my recaro red accent interior. If you do change, be prepared to be noticed by law enforcement. I also agree that if you change from original window sticker value you will be at risk at time of auction or sale of resale value. Jusy my opinion.

So what looks nice with black and black stripe for the inside? White stiching? yellow stiching? orange? blue? cream? grey? red? decision decisions lol

You seem to have an problem with making up your mind as to what to do, don't asked other people what to do with your car, its your car you own it you drive it and you have to look at it every day. Now it is time to choose and pull the trigger and don't ask me what to do just do it.

Archived