TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quarter Window Louvers

Snoopy49

Thanks, it's really hard to determine the simplest things when you don't have a car to look at, hopefully that will change in the near future..

When you go to the Ford website and build a car, the factory louvers are offered under the accessory section.

Yes they are. Look like a pain to install but the finished product looks great.

Check out the Roush louvers.

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Quarter-Window-Louver-2010-2012.html

Easy to install and they look great.

And you can get them painted in factory colors if desired.

Phill

I wouldn't get louvers. Thats asking for more blind spots. Plus depending on what kind you get they just add drag to the car

It's not so much the drag as it is the dirty air it puts on your rear spoiler. Louvers MUCH less that quarter window scoops. And believe it or not, I don't notice the blind spot created from adding my scoops.

I plan to remove my quarter window (and side) scoops when I run the Mojave Mile to clean up the aero as much as possible. I want all the air I can get on my rear spoiler.

I'll also run the flat wickerbill (gurney flap) that comes on the '11+ non SVTPP cars and the '13 front air dam on the splitter. Probably the '13 grilles too (190+ mph as a goal).

Phill

• 4 weeks later...

When you order them with your car, do they come painted and installed?

How much do they cut down on visibility?

It's best to order them with car. They are dealer installed. They come un-painted. I would not let dealer install or paint mine, I took mine with break scoops to custome show painter and I installed them, Directions come with the louvers. They look great. Also they remove for easy cleaning of windows. In my opinion if sales order has this option it will help resale value and also validate as an option with car. It does cut down on visibility some what, but only when backing up or parking. I say get them, you will be glad you did.

Yes they are. Look like a pain to install but the finished product looks great.

I ordered the louvers and scoops with my car and the dealer said he is painting and installing them for me. I think they look great and seeing as I use my side mirrors that I set up perfectly so I can see down the side of my car so that when it is clear I can change lanes, I sure as heck wouldn't worry about seeing out a window that you can't see out of without louvers anyway from the driver's seat.

It's best to order them with car. They are dealer installed. They come un-painted. I would not let dealer install or paint mine, I took mine with break scoops to custome show painter and I installed them, Directions come with the louvers. They look great. Also they remove for easy cleaning of windows. In my opinion if sales order has this option it will help resale value and also validate as an option with car. It does cut down on visibility some what, but only when backing up or parking. I say get them, you will be glad you did.

How do they remove for cleaning of windows? Is there something besides double sided tape that secures them in place? Is there a base that they come off of?

How do they remove for cleaning of windows? Is there something besides double sided tape that secures them in place? Is there a base that they come off of?

It has a material like velcro (but not exactly) attached to underside of louver which is attached to backing tape. Hope this helps.

It has a material like velcro (but not exactly) attached to underside of louver which is attached to backing tape. Hope this helps.

Are you talking about the rear window louvers or the quarter window louvers???

I've seen the (Roush) rear window louvers that attach something like what you're describing but never the quarters.

Phill

Archived