TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NAV Questions

Snoopy49

I am thinking about adding the NAV to my order, but I have a few questions.

1. How do you update the GPS data base and program?

2. What are the costs involved with any updates? I found the update cost for the GPS - $199 annual update. http://www.navigation.com/ford

3. How functional is the NAV unit without a paired cell phone?

Every car in the 21st centure should have a NAV. Just get it. Its worth it and people will want your car more if you have a NAV.

Plus i am sure there is some plan you can get so you don't have to update the map. The dealership would have to update the GPS when it comes to it. But that wouldn't be for like 4-5 years from now. And the nav unit is very functional even without using your cell phone. Though using your cell phone with it is pretty awesome too.

There is an annual update that is available from the link i posted and the fee is $199 for the DVD.

If you keep the whole package, Sat. Radio, NAV updates...my package with Sirus XM ran about $60/quarter. A bit pricey...but, what the hell.

If you keep the whole package, Sat. Radio, NAV updates...my package with Sirus XM ran about $60/quarter. A bit pricey...but, what the hell.

Are you sure it includes the Map updates? Does it require a cell phone for updates?

Not if you do it correctly. I can get Sat radio for $4 a month. Never buy a year term. Go on a monthly term and call them and use codes like 'replay3' (this is a 5 for $20) 'replay2' (6 for $30). A few days before this expires call them and use a new code (Google is your friend). Or just tell them your going to quit to get a better deal, get it sent to retentions if they are difficult. You can always call again and retry until you get a good deal. The CS reps work off of commissions so they want to sell you something. Work them for a good deal :).

Not if you do it correctly. I can get Sat radio for $4 a month. Never buy a year term. Go on a monthly term and call them and use codes like 'replay3' (this is a 5 for $20) 'replay2' (6 for $30). A few days before this expires call them and use a new code (Google is your friend). Or just tell them your going to quit to get a better deal, get it sent to retentions if they are difficult. You can always call again and retry until you get a good deal. The CS reps work off of commissions so they want to sell you something. Work them for a good deal :).

Dude, I don't have the time to play this game :hysterical:

Glad someone has the system figured out, good on you.

Dude, I don't have the time to play this game :hysterical:

Glad someone has the system figured out, good on you.

If you don't like to play the game get it sent to retentions and they will give it to you for $75 a year. All I was saying 60 per quarter they are ripping you off. It takes 5 minutes and they will give you something you can live with.

If you don't like to play the game get it sent to retentions and they will give it to you for $75 a year. All I was saying 60 per quarter they are ripping you off. It takes 5 minutes and they will give you something you can live with.

I'm not hating on you, quite the opposite. I'm still in the free trial period for the Shelby, my wife's truck is $45 per quarter. When we start to pay for both vehicles I may resort to your tactics.

I'm not hating on you, quite the opposite. I'm still in the free trial period for the Shelby, my wife's truck is $45 per quarter. When we start to pay for both vehicles I may resort to your tactics.

My wife got me a 1 yr. sub. for $25.00 for my King Ranch.

I bought a lifetime sub for my GT500 for $400 but that's doubled last I checked.

When my Raptor freebie sub runs out, I'll play their game!

Phill

Archived