TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby oil separator

jnf

Not sure where you're getting your price. They are $114 for the regular and $199 for the Ultimate.

Part #DR3Z-6A664A. $12.69 from Tousley. Yes they are on backorder.

Yes you're right sorry it was $200 not $400 don't know why I doubled it.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or any update at all? I was in JLT today and picked up the axle reservoir kit and seriously considered the oil separator. I'll wait a few but can we at least get some kind of time estimate/rough date possibly? I know your working it Jer and you always do us right, anything at this point would be very helpful!

Might as well do both sides. No harm in 'overprotecting,' right? At least not in this case.

To each his own but I've used various separators on three Shelbys, and from all I've seen and read you just don't need one on the driver's side. IMHO save your money and just get the passenger side.

Passenger side only. Waste of cash on driver's side IMO.

Depends on the car. GT500 is predominantly passenger side, 4.6L cars, driver's side. We'll have both for both.

I'm waiting for one more part to be finished, and it should be good to go by the weekend.

(...Jer begins regretting that statement in...3....2...1.....)

Jer

I'll be there at 7 AM waiting to pick one up !!

Make sure the coffee is on Jer. B)

Will do. Bring pancakes.

Jer

No problem.

That's Friday 4/19 right??

Hopefully!

Don't make plans YET!

But I'm going to do my best.

Jer

On the passenger side the hose goes from the pcv valve to the blower, there is vacuum and the oul is pulled from the valve cover to the blower inlet. On the drivers side the hose is from the valve cover to the air intake for the throttle body. There is vacuum there but also i think that is the side where fresh air can enter. There is a clean side and dirty side. This is on most other cars as well. On our GT500's the dirty side is the passenger side. Now if I have gotten any facts wrong someone can correct me.

I have been waiting a long time for the Shelby Separator and hope that it can be shipped to Canada........ Can't wait to see it :)

I have separators on both sides. I know everyone says you don't need one on the drivers side but when I did my upgrades there was oil on the front side of the TB blades and puddled inside the intake and elbow after about 8000 miles. This was with the factory dry filter. Oil can only get to those places from the drivers side unless there is some serious back flow through the intake system, which I doubt.

The passenger side does collect more oil but the drivers side does collect some too.

I'm not an active poster but I have watched this thread from the beginning. I wanted to say this for a while.

I know the product has took so long but I'm sure Jer is trying his best to bring out an epic product that will make everyone happy.

So keep up the great work & we are so excited thats why we keep login to see this page every single day lol

I had the intake apart when I replaced the valve covers and there was a LOT of oil on the drivers side.

That's a good indication that your PCV valve is bad, or the vacuum line is plugged.

Phill

I decided to check the driver's side line on my 2013 GT500 with 730 miles. Here is what I found. As far as I am concerned, the amount of oil found in the line doesn't warrant the expense of an additional separator on the driver's side. I will periodically remove and flush out the line and call it good.

2013GT500DriversSideVentTube_zps91beb56d.jpg

I decided to check the driver's side line on my 2013 GT500 with 730 miles. Here is what I found. As far as I am concerned, the amount of oil found in the line doesn't warrant the expense of an additional separator on the driver's side. I will periodically remove and flush out the line and call it good.

Ummm, the oil won't collect in the line. It will pass through it like it is supposed to. After a few more miles, remove you intake and take a look at your TB and let us know what you see.

Ummm, the oil won't collect in the line. It will pass through it like it is supposed to. After a few more miles, remove you intake and take a look at your TB and let us know what you see.

Not sure about that. Look at your passenger side PCV line. All kinds of oil collected on that. I'm with Snoopy that any signifcant oil that has passed through the line would have left a good amount of residue. I've taken my intake off several times and have never seen oil on the front side of the TB blades. Now the back side is another story...plenty there. I have read several hundred posts on this, and I have yet to find ONE instance of anyone collecting any significant amount of oil from the drivers side. If you can, please share. It is still my contention that it is unnecessary.

The inside of the line is not smooth, it is convoluted, so the oil will tend to collect in the line. Plus I have never seen any pictures posted that showed a GT500 driver's side oil separator with oil in it. I can't even remember any with oil vapor on the inside of the driver's side separator, but that may have been do to picture quality or angle.

Can't find the pics of the front of my TB but here are the ones of the back side of the TB, the elbow, and the IC. Front side was nowhere near as bad as the back but there was an oily film and also inside the intake. Could it have got there from back flow, stuck PCV, or vacuum line? Yes it could have. I also have hardly any oil collected in my drivers side separator but I like it as insurance and the symmetry.

cimg2015e.jpg

cimg2016q.jpg

cimg2017r.jpg

Archived