TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby oil separator

jnf

You guys are funny.

Well, we've already tested it for 1000+ miles AND computer-modeled the flow, it catches plenty of oil. NOW, we make sure it doesn't impede flow or "get in the way". We'll be pounding it on the dyno with a Shelby 1000. The Bash attendee folks who were here on Sunday already saw Test #1 on the dyno and saw the prototypes in person. Good times.

Jer

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jer:

So since Vegas is a betting town, and if you were a betting man, how long would you say it takes from today to actually being available for purchase assuming there are no "hick ups" that arise? Enquiring minds want to know.

We've spent a lot of time getting these right. The testing this week is just a formality. I expect them to pass with flying colors and be available within the week.

Jer

My money is going on first shipments leaving SPP to customers 2 weeks from today.

By the way, I saw these in Jer's hands. He has dotted all of the I's and crossed all of the T's.

I'm only interested in releasing the BEST. Everyone else can buy their bling somewhere else....

Jer

My money is going on first shipments leaving SPP to customers 2 weeks from today.

By the way, I saw these in Jer's hands. He has dotted all of the I's and crossed all of the T's.

They are very cool. Thanks for posting.

Jer

We've spent a lot of time getting these right. The testing this week is just a formality. I expect them to pass with flying colors and be available within the week.

Jer

Are you sure you don't need to put one thru one of my shade tree mechanic install tests first LOL!

I predict there will be an announcement that will stir the likes of the ALCOA wheel program.. Next year...The inventory of 100 that hit the shelves will be gone within minutes and all of us saps that keep checking into the site each day to see new updates will be left to wait another year.. :stirpot:

I predict you are incorrect.

Jer

This thread is 8 months old and we are just being teased......you've got it, you showed it off at the bash but you refuse to post pics. Shame on you Jer

OUCH! :eek5:

OK, folks, clearly we need to stop and have a chat.

It is my policy to NEVER post pictures or talk about items until you can actually purchase them. I have proven that time and time again over the last 6 months that I've been here. Go find me a long thread about waiting for helmets, racing jackets, harness bars... nope, didn't happen. Unfortunately, this fire was started by a picture posted prior to my employment, a photo of a product that we didn't end up making, for various reasons (hence my reason for not "previewing" items). As a Shelby customer, I HATED these long waits, hearing about something, seeing a picture, wanting it, and never being able to buy it. My first month here was dedicated to making all of those previous "vaporware" items available... race fab valve covers, brake duct kits, driving lights everyone said were "discontinued", etc.

As you might imagine, that took a lot of time and effort. As did the MASSIVE undertaking to bring back the biggest of them all, the Shelby Alcoa wheel. Months of work, just to give the people what they want.

In the background, we went to work on the oil separators, meeting with the manufacturer at SEMA back in November to request a total redesign. We sat for hours with a laptop running CAD software, making the changes I wanted.

This month, we received them from that manufacturer, and began our final tests before offering them to our customers - yes, they were at the Bash, because we are TESTING THEM, so I can testify that we will be offering one of the best products available, perfect under the hood of any Shelby, Mustang, etc... and also a very fine value. We identified a few areas of opportunity, and our best R&D people here stepped up with great ideas to make these truly fabulous products.

As for "Shame on you Jer", that's a strong statement, in my opinion, and I'd welcome the opportunity to address that in person, and see if I really deserved that.

Jer

I'm, still looking forward to the Oil separators availability. I am convinced Jer is doing what it takes to put a really good product on the market. The only problem I have now is I'm going to need two of them seeing as how my wife just bought a 2008 SGT-C. Keep up the good work Jer.

OK, folks, clearly we need to stop and have a chat.

It is my policy to NEVER post pictures or talk about items until you can actually purchase them. I have proven that time and time again over the last 6 months that I've been here. Go find me a long thread about waiting for helmets, racing jackets, harness bars... nope, didn't happen. Unfortunately, this fire was started by a picture posted prior to my employment, a photo of a product that we didn't end up making, for various reasons (hence my reason for not "previewing" items). As a Shelby customer, I HATED these long waits, hearing about something, seeing a picture, wanting it, and never being able to buy it. My first month here was dedicated to making all of those previous "vaporware" items available... race fab valve covers, brake duct kits, driving lights everyone said were "discontinued", etc.

As you might imagine, that took a lot of time and effort. As did the MASSIVE undertaking to bring back the biggest of them all, the Shelby Alcoa wheel. Months of work, just to give the people what they want.

In the background, we went to work on the oil separators, meeting with the manufacturer at SEMA back in November to request a total redesign. We sat for hours with a laptop running CAD software, making the changes I wanted.

This month, we received them from that manufacturer, and began our final tests before offering them to our customers - yes, they were at the Bash, because we are TESTING THEM, so I can testify that we will be offering one of the best products available, perfect under the hood of any Shelby, Mustang, etc... and also a very fine value. We identified a few areas of opportunity, and our best R&D people here stepped up with great ideas to make these truly fabulous products.

As for "Shame on you Jer", that's a strong statement, in my opinion, and I'd welcome the opportunity to address that in person, and see if I really deserved that.

Jer

No explanation needed. You are the man... :rockon:

Hey... Hope you had a great time at the Bash. Heard the party at Guitar Center was another big hit!

Peter

Wow, I know we all want things to improve our cars, but really folks, shouldn't we keep our eye on the ball and think about just how important something like an oil separator really is? I met a man today that found out this morning that he thought his life was good yesterday. He had a wonderful family and a great living, then this morning he found out he has a rare form of brain cancer. His life has, in 24 hours, turned bleak and all he could do was tear up when talking to me. In my opinion, the long awaited oil separator will arrive soon enough, but after today, all of a sudden, it really isn't that important.

Jer - could you comment on the "science" of the medium being used? Is it actually going to be a properly created coalescing filter or just another with the run of the mill medium? Is the manufacturer versed in a piece like this...say Manne+Hummel or is just another piece of bling with some steel wool in it created by one of many different companies?

If it can't be discussed now...I hope that it makes into the product description for those of us that are a little "picky".

Jer,

An apology is in order, I'm sorry I let my frustration get the better of me. I'll be glad to call you if needed

Frank

Frank,

No call neccessary, apology accepted. I told everyone here during my job interview that I fully expected to have a target on my back for a while, as we transition into the changes I would be making here at SPP. We are all passionate about the Shelby brand, and we have these forums to encourage free discussion. I appreciate your willingness to hear me out, and thanks for the opportunity to make you the best products I can.

Jer

This happens every couple of years or so. I call it the "Biennial feeding frenzy". Remember the KR mufflers? The fur flew with that one. The best thing is to just sit back and wait. Maybe shoot a PM to Jer if you have a question. And sit back and wait.

This happens every couple of years or so. I call it the "Biennial feeding frenzy". Remember the KR mufflers? The fur flew with that one. The best thing is to just sit back and wait. Maybe shoot a PM to Jer if you have a question. And sit back and wait.

Well, part of the changes I'm talking about is to NOT have this happen anymore.

BTW, your note makes it sound as if I've kept you waiting on a PM response - if so, I'm sorry, refresh my memory... my memory's not what it used to be (and it was NEVER good!).

:shrug:

Jer

Archived