very cool I think ,

Hope everyone is enjoying there weekend ,,

Have a great one and be safe ,, :salute:

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!

Didn't even know this was going on lol!

SHR is very well spoken and professional, but my gut says SA was wrong to produce a product that correlates so closely to JLT's given the vendor relationship. That said, it happens all the time. Aside from those that have been turned off by this thread, the only business loss would likely be to those that just want the SA logos on every part of their car. Copy or not, that's all you are paying extra for IMO.

Kinda feel bad dredging it back up...

FWIW, MY "separator" keeps 100% of the oil out of the intake. Guaranteed. Feel free to copy it. A Jaz catch can and some hose and no more oil. Put an SA sticker on it if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy:

e9cf519a.jpg

Why haven't all the tens of thousands of Mustangs out there without oil separators burned to the ground or coughed up their guts already?

If y'all could kindly stop the tap-dancing and deckchair-rearranging maybe I could hear the answer?

Sincerely,

/s/ Chopped Liver

Frank, I don't think there's much real risk honestly, but when I installed the blower, there was a TON of oil in my old (18k miles I think) intake manifold... it dripped out on to rags for a while.

I didn't want the same accumulation to possibly gum up the intercooler function, and in theory at least, the oil COULD affect the burn rate of the air/fuel charge and I didn't want that since I felt I was taking the 4.6 to the limit as it was.

Jay has been around this site many many years. I met him when the site was called "Stangs Unleashed". I have his CAI, Oil separator and some dress up mods on my car. Any time I have had any questions or problems or inquires about upgrades I have received nothing but the utmost professionalism and customer support. This entire thread disappoints me.

Jay is a good man. A family man at that. I will continue to purchase his products and tell my friends about them. In fact I just made another on line purchase from his store.

002-4.jpg

I totally agree with what Grabber have write here down about Jay. The entire thread disappoints me too.

I have try to read all the post that sooo many Team Shelby Members have write down in the past and i must say that i also have write something here in the beginning too that i totally dislike what Shelby American have done and that i will never buy a product that somebody have copy. At the beginning of this it was only that Jay had want to tell everybody here that Shelby had copy something from him but now it is getting soooo bad here because now only the hardcore Shelby and JLT fans posting stuff.

The Shelby fans will tell everybody here that Shelby don't have/had or will ever copy something, the Shelby oil separator is or must be the best because the Shelby brand is on the separator and also Jay have to stop with this and have to live with it that Shelby have or have not copy him.

The JLT fans will say that Shelby have copy the oil separator and had copy already in the past products from other vendors, if somebody make a coby from a Shelby product then Shelby will stop them for doing it but now they do it with a smaller company too because they now that Jay will not have the money to get a patent on all his products or fight agains Shelby and also that Jay's oil separator is better because it is the original and he already is working on a many times better oil separator.

This is now like Apple and Samsung!! Apple (JLT) is saying that Samsung (Shelby) have copy the look from the iphone (JLT oil seperator) and Samsung have to stop it. Samsung is saying this is not true because it is a little bit smaller (hex at the bottom) at the corners and the Galaxy S is many times better from what is inside (no big filter). I still waiting now that Apple is making one day a better iphone with a screen size like the Galaxy S4 so that i can buy Apple again. I'm glad that Jay is not Apple because he already have found a way to make his oil separator bette so that i can buy one for my car.

I say yes, Shelby have copy Jay's oil seperator (shame on you Shelby) but i hope that Shelby will find a way to fix this with Jay so that they can get and work together again in peace and also for the future that Shelby never will do this again to Jay or to a other company!!! We need again some peace here on Team Shelby!!!

By the way, in Germany we say "Was Du nicht willst das man Dir tut, das füg auch keinem anderen zu"

In English it means something like "What you don't want that sombody will do to you, don't do this to somebody else too!"

Oh and before i forget it: Grabber your GT500 looks awesome!!!!! Love it!!!

The topic will kill itself when people lose interest in it.

We are not in the business of regulating speech by locking or hiding content.

Thank you Robert.

And this is but one of the reasons I stick around here.

Phill

From a somewhat related thread this AM, I posted the following:

I come to the Shelby forum to have web based conversation and discussions mainly about all things Shelby. I'm not interested in vendor advertising and believe Shelby should keep their forum clean. Vendors should be welcome to be a forum member and frankly the best advertising is word of mouth. However,
negative comments from a vendor or any form of aggressive communication should not be tolerated and only put the vendor in a bad light anyway
. Word of mouth is the best advertising and I appreciate the information when I come to the forum and someone posts something positive about a vendor they worked with who gave good service and had great product/product knowledge. My opinion is the Shelby forum should move forward in this fashion with no vendor advertising. This forum population is diverse and large enough to share vendor news without advertising banners all over the place.

I have purchased from Jay Tucker in the past and will continue to do so if he sells a product I want, however I'm really surprised at how this has spun out of control. Emotions running high on a sensitive issue and so many are posting without out thinking about the ramifcations. This entire thread is a very good example of why its a good rule of thumb you should always consider not posting until you have calmed down. I hope the negativity created by this thread does not further damage anyones reputation. Lets kill it now. :slapfight:

I totally agree with what Grabber have write here down about Jay. The entire thread disappoints me too.

I have try to read all the post that sooo many Team Shelby Members have write down in the past and i must say that i also have write something here in the beginning too that i totally dislike what Shelby American have done and that i will never buy a product that somebody have copy. At the beginning of this it was only that Jay had want to tell everybody here that Shelby had copy something from him but now it is getting soooo bad here because now only the hardcore Shelby and JLT fans posting stuff.

The Shelby fans will tell everybody here that Shelby don't have/had or will ever copy something, the Shelby oil separator is or must be the best because the Shelby brand is on the separator and also Jay have to stop with this and have to live with it that Shelby have or have not copy him.

The JLT fans will say that Shelby have copy the oil separator and had copy already in the past products from other vendors, if somebody make a coby from a Shelby product then Shelby will stop them for doing it but now they do it with a smaller company too because they now that Jay will not have the money to get a patent on all his products or fight agains Shelby and also that Jay's oil separator is better because it is the original and he already is working on a many times better oil separator.

This is now like Apple and Samsung!! Apple (JLT) is saying that Samsung (Shelby) have copy the look from the iphone (JLT oil seperator) and Samsung have to stop it. Samsung is saying this is not true because it is a little bit smaller (hex at the bottom) at the corners and the Galaxy S is many times better from what is inside (no big filter). I still waiting now that Apple is making one day a better iphone with a screen size like the Galaxy S4 so that i can buy Apple again. I'm glad that Jay is not Apple because he already have found a way to make his oil separator bette so that i can buy one for my car.

I say yes, Shelby have copy Jay's oil seperator (shame on you Shelby) but i hope that Shelby will find a way to fix this with Jay so that they can get and work together again in peace and also for the future that Shelby never will do this again to Jay or to a other company!!! We need again some peace here on Team Shelby!!!

By the way, in Germany we say "Was Du nicht willst das man Dir tut, das füg auch keinem anderen zu"

In English it means something like "What you don't want that sombody will do to you, don't do this to somebody else too!"

Oh and before i forget it: Grabber your GT500 looks awesome!!!!! Love it!!!

here is my 2 cents, then im done. people said it is a copy, however it is not a 100% copy, so people can argue until the cows come home. Are they similar in size? Yes! is the Shelby one an exact copy of JLY? No. However, the fault is on both parties, JLT should of trademarked their design, but from what I being reading, it doesn't sound like JLT did, if they did, they have not shown proof yet, and SA/SHR made of made a canister in a different length or something but what is done is done.

here is my 2 cents, then im done. people said it is a copy, however it is not a 100% copy, so people can argue until the cows come home. Are they similar in size? Yes! is the Shelby one an exact copy of JLY? No. However, the fault is on both parties, JLT should of trademarked their design, but from what I being reading, it doesn't sound like JLT did, if they did, they have not shown proof yet, and SA/SHR made of made a canister in a different length or something but what is done is done.

Samsung also don't have copy 100% of the iphone but Samsung have lost in some Countrys Courts because they have copy the look from the design of the Iphone even if the Galaxy is longer and you can see that it is not a iphone. Shelby have done it like Samsung. This is a fact.

Yes JLT don't have trademarked their design because if a small company like JLT would get a patent on every pice they build then they will get bankrupt. Is it Jays fault that he can't get a patent on all the products because his company is not so big like Shelby? NO, i don't think so! Shelby can put a patent on every pice because they make many many times more money then JLT or every other small company ever will make. This why so many big companys copy really good products from small companys. They know that nobody from them can or will sue them. But if somebody will copy only 50% of a design from a big company like Shelby, they will sue the sh... out of them.

This why i can understand that Jay is pis.... about what here is happen.

Most of the Shelby Super Snake, GT350, Shelby 1000 or GT500/KR owners own a company or making big money at a company with selling or building products. This why i don't understand why so many of them here are saying "JLT should of trademarked their design", "Why JLT don't have get a patent" or "be happy that a big company have copy your product, so it must be a good one, just make a new and better one"! If somebody copy one of your products and even if it is just the look so that you maybe will lose money or the company that you work for have to fire you because they loses money and can't pay for you anymore, you would be pi... too. Just think about it before saying here that Jay have to stop and never had start talking about this here and it is his fault because he should of trademarked their design.

He is trying only to protect his company and familie like Shelby and everybody else in the world would do too.

If you think it is not so and you can really say that you never would be mad if somebody would do this to you then please let me know what company you own or maybe work for so that i can copy your products without getting in trouble because you don't care. I would love to make more money so that one day i can buy myself a Super Snake or maybe even a Shelby 1000 from Shelby American.

Oh and yes i like Jay and his product's this why i had buy so many parts from him. Yes i also like Shelby and his product's, this why i had buy so many parts from them too. Had to write this just in case if somebody will say now that i'm a 100% JLT supporter and don't like Shelby and this would be the reason why i agree with him and not with Shelby.

So this are my last 2cents about this never ending story here. I will now stop to write here in this topic because i will not get into a fight with a 100% Shelby Fan about what is a copy and what not. I had work some times long at a court with cases like this so i know what can happen with small companys that don't have the money to protect themself from bigger companys.

Samsung also don't have copy 100% of the iphone but Samsung have lost in some Countrys Courts because they have copy the look from the design of the Iphone even if the Galaxy is longer and you can see that it is not a iphone. Shelby have done it like Samsung. This is a fact.

Yes JLT don't have trademarked their design because if a small company like JLT would get a patent on every pice they build then they will get bankrupt. Is it Jays fault that he can't get a patent on all the products because his company is not so big like Shelby? NO, i don't think so! Shelby can put a patent on every pice because they make many many times more money then JLT or every other small company ever will make. This why so many big companys copy really good products from small companys. They know that nobody from them can or will sue them. But if somebody will copy only 50% of a design from a big company like Shelby, they will sue the sh... out of them.

This why i can understand that Jay is pis.... about what here is happen.

Most of the Shelby Super Snake, GT350, Shelby 1000 or GT500/KR owners own a company or making big money at a company with selling or building products. This why i don't understand why so many of them here are saying "JLT should of trademarked their design", "Why JLT don't have get a patent" or "be happy that a big company have copy your product, so it must be a good one, just make a new and better one"! If somebody copy one of your products and even if it is just the look so that you maybe will lose money or the company that you work for have to fire you because they loses money and can't pay for you anymore, you would be pi... too. Just think about it before saying here that Jay have to stop and never had start talking about this here and it is his fault because he should of trademarked their design.

He is trying only to protect his company and familie like Shelby and everybody else in the world would do too.

If you think it is not so and you can really say that you never would be mad if somebody would do this to you then please let me know what company you own or maybe work for so that i can copy your products without getting in trouble because you don't care. I would love to make more money so that one day i can buy myself a Super Snake or maybe even a Shelby 1000 from Shelby American.

Oh and yes i like Jay and his product's this why i had buy so many parts from him. Yes i also like Shelby and his product's, this why i had buy so many parts from them too. Had to write this just in case if somebody will say now that i'm a 100% JLT supporter and don't like Shelby and this would be the reason why i agree with him and not with Shelby.

So this are my last 2cents about this never ending story here. I will now stop to write here in this topic because i will not get into a fight with a 100% Shelby Fan about what is a copy and what not. I had work some times long at a court with cases like this so i know what can happen with small companys that don't have the money to protect themself from bigger companys.

:rolleyes:

Bingo. Simple products are going to be similar. Would you have preferred Shelby make their product in some completely unnecessary shape/design? You don't see tire companies going after each other for ripping off the idea of a round tire.

Well, I'm just relieved that this latest flame up far surpasses me showing my ass earlier in the thread. All I can think of is oil filters, there are only so many ways you can design a simple device without making it either cost prohibitive or over engineered. Got a unique design? Get a patent.....

Bingo. Simple products are going to be similar. Would you have preferred Shelby make their product in some completely unnecessary shape/design? You don't see tire companies going after each other for ripping off the idea of a round tire.

It's called degrees of freedom and there aren't many in something that's best design is a cylinder with an intake output and drain. Everything else is cosmetic

Jer showed me the oil seperators at the track during the the bash.......GOOD JOB JER everybody will be very HAPPY.

Except for JLT......I thought the oil seperator looked very close to my JLT one that I put in the Boss.

I can not blame Jay for being extremely pissed off. My honest opinion is that Shelby should have had JLT build them with the Shelby logo on them.

This was my only comment I gave ......so sorry you feel my opinion is not worth stating.

Sorry guy... not directed at you. Just speaking in general.

I just enjoy the irony of posting on threads in an effort to end those threads....

Steeped in irony. Wish I had never even looked at this big bitch session or commented. Now its in my content on the site. I'll be keeping my mouth shut next time! :banghead:

Archived