TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super snake wheels would be made if Shelby performance ordered more? Every body wants super snake wheels, let us buy them from Alcoa ourselves.

SS730HP

Seriously? I mean, is your comment *truly* serious in that you think the reason Shelby made another batch of Super Snake Alcoa wheels, was due to *your* post/thread and the ensuing comments generated by it?

For all intents and purposes, the simple act of making the audacious statement you so boldly and blatantly made has the direct consequence of completely minimizing and invalidating the hundreds, if not THOUSANDS ofnprevious posts, threads, comments, suggestions and requests expressed by people on a number of Internet forums (including, but not limited to Team Shelby, SVTperformance.com, GT500, etc. etc. etc.) indicating the intense demand along with the interest and desire shown for having Shelby American re-release the recently discontinued Alcoa Dura-Bright Super Snake wheels that were SO desperately desired by the pubic at large, and their expressed desire to continue with the Alcoa SS wheel program.

To take credit for this is just *so* off-base and *so* genuinely misplaced.

From what little I know of the inner workings at Shelby American, Jer (Gervasi<sp?>) deserves much of the credit for getting the program back up and running, all be it on a very minimal run but the VAST majority of credit would have to go to the many many MANY Team Shelby forum members (most of which are also SVTP forum members) and their relentless comments and posts on the subject matter.

This is by no means meant to be a personal attack on your person unless you insist on wanting to try to counter my stated claims and demand personal credit for the advent and re-introduction of the 20" "Fifty Years" Alcoa Dura-Bright Super Snake (style) wheels.

Sorry bud, but it is quite simply, NOT THE CASE. Want proof? Run a simple search (on this forum alone) for Alcoa Dura-bright wheels and you will get a *small* sample of what I speak.

Calling a "Spade" a "Spade",

Phillip Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

Com'on Phill, quit beating around the bush......Being so vague does not become you. Lol.

BTW, thanks Jer and crew!!!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Com'on Phill, quit beating around the bush......Being so vague does not become you. Lol.

BTW, thanks Jer and crew!!!

LOL...Yep, that's me. 'Cept I honestly don't TRY to beat around the bush. Well, at least in one context. I light the bush on fire then use a broom to beat around the bottom of the bush to fan the flames!

Honestly, I try to NOT to make it personal but it's hard to beat the message up without smacking the messenger a few times by mistake!

Phill

RIGHT!

The ONE to thank is JER.

He is the man.

Very true.

When talk of this first started getting SERIOUS, I told a couple of people via PM that it wasn't gonna happen, don't hold their breath, etc. etc. etc.

After all, we'd heard it a million times before from a number of different sources.

The difference is, *Jer* got it done.

Good job Jer, even though I didn't buy a set "just because I can" like I was originally planning...Although now I'm thinking, "maybe, jus MAYBE"!

Phill

LOL...Yep, that's me. 'Cept I honestly don't TRY to beat around the bush. Well, at least in one context. I light the bush on fire then use a broom to beat around the bottom of the bush to fan the flames!

Honestly, I try to NOT to make it personal but it's hard to beat the message up without smacking the messenger a few times by mistake!

Phill

Yeah, you definately want to "pick your bushes fights"! :lol2:

• 2 months later...

My Shelby with her 50th Alcoas waiting for the nice weather to come up!!!

So much for "Corvette Parking Only", huh? LOL

Jer

I might be answered in the previous 32 pages but I don't have time to go through and look but anyways........Why are these discontinued? Theres obviously still a demand for them. Do they not sell as well as other Shelby wheels? Is it something like Alcoa will only make them in batches of 1000 wheels at a time and Shelby doesn't want to put that much cash up front to buy the wheels and chance getting stuck with a bunch of them if they don't all sell?

I believe Jer said Alcoa does not want to make anymore.

That's it. Alcoa said "We do not want to continue this product". So, we're done. (Remember, they make runs of 100,000+ for other OEM accounts, Shelby is small potatoes).

Once we announced the "final run", that was it for us.

Jer

That's it. Alcoa said "We do not want to continue this product". So, we're done. (Remember, they make runs of 100,000+ for other OEM accounts, Shelby is small potatoes).

Once we announced the "final run", that was it for us.

Jer

What, no more Alcoas!. When did you decide that?........how come it wasn't posted?.......how do I get a set now? :rant2:

:hysterical2: Just joking with you Jer..........you and your team did a fantastic job with the 50th run. :salute:

Have a great time this weekend at the Bash......you've earned it.

:salute:

Thanks!

Jer

I find it so amazing reading through all the threads on the Mega Famous Alcoa Supersnake wheels! Who would have believed that they would have created so much input!!!! For many years now I have continually upgraded my Shelby with just about everything that came out of SPP. I called it a passion,my wife called it an obession! During those years I have had 4sets of different wheels on it,Dubs,Giovainna,Arrelli and so on.Each time i thought they were great until i put them on the car,only to find that they just didnt look good on it !Arrgghhhh! Finally I decided that i should buy the Alcoas that i kept admiring from a distance. When my tire shop put on the first wheel,I had no doubts that that was the wheel that was dedigned to match the Mustang!!! When SPP announced that they were going to discontinue the Alcoas i ordered 2 20X9s as spares just in case. Then one of my buddys was wanting to buy some Alcoas and after a lot of searching he managed to buy 2 20x10s. Now he wanted to buy my 2 9s. No way buddy,but then El Shelby miester Jer came alnog and got them back for a final run....that moved the goal posts!!!!

I ordered a set of 10s and 9s so Zi now had a full spare set of staggered whedls for my car as back up. I then helped my buddy out and sold him my 9s. Now my 50th wheels sit unopened in my Garage just in case.

Archived