TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super snake wheels would be made if Shelby performance ordered more? Every body wants super snake wheels, let us buy them from Alcoa ourselves.

SS730HP

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am overwhelmed by the response - we brought every employee in at 6am, and they've been stuck on the phones assisting customers for hours. WHEW!

Jer,

I need some clarification. On the website the price per wheel shows "Our price; $500" but then down below in the description area it shows a different price/s of $564.99 (Fr.) and $584.99 (Rr.).

Which is it?

ALSO: Can I buy the center caps separately? I have a new set of "old style" SS 20's sitting on my shelf and like the new CS cap WAYYYY better than the old "cobra snake" caps.

I'm trying to convince myself that I really don't need a (another) set of the "Fifty's" but so far my common sense is losing the battle. I mean...It can never hurt to have too many, right???

Either that or trade my plain-Jane SS's for a set of the Fifty's (since I see someone who wants a set of plain-Jane SS wheels).

Decisions decisions decisions!

Phill (w/more money than brains!)

Jer,

I need some clarification. On the website the price per wheel shows "Our price; $500" but then down below in the description area it shows a different price/s of $564.99 (Fr.) and $584.99 (Rr.).

Which is it?

ALSO: Can I buy the center caps separately? I have a new set of "old style" SS 20's sitting on my shelf and like the new CS cap WAYYYY better than the old "cobra snake" caps.

I'm trying to convince myself that I really don't need a (another) set of the "Fifty's" but so far my common sense is losing the battle. I mean...It can never hurt to have too many, right???

Either that or trade my plain-Jane SS's for a set of the Fifty's (since I see someone who wants a set of plain-Jane SS wheels).

Decisions decisions decisions!

Phill (w/more money than brains!)

Hi, Phill,

The $500 price is for the "Shelby Limited Edition Forged Wheel Pre-Order Program", and is merely a unique item unto itself, just a flat deposit amount to secure later purchase. The wheel prices are then detailed below, as you've noticed: $564.99 for 20X9, $584.99 for 20X10, $149.99 for our new center caps.

The new center caps are only available with the purchase of these wheels initially. They will be made available to owners of previous wheels after this deal sells out.

Thanks!

Jer

I got the email

?

The purchase, or a cancellation one?

Just want to make sure you're all straight.

Jer

?

The purchase, or a cancellation one?

Just want to make sure you're all straight.

Jer

The purchase. Though I did cancel one extra set I ordered and I have yet to recieve a cancelation order and it already shows up on my credit card.

Then, I don't see a reason why this size wouldn't work. What's the difference between a 265/35 and a 265/40? Is one slightly taller than the other? :shrug:

Idk I think so. They told me though you dont put a 40 on a 20 inch rim usually 35 or 30. The guy said a 265/35 should be fine on the front and then directed me to the forums and that you all would know way more.

Your verdict?

Jer

Jer, it's things like this that will keep Shelby going for years! They should seriously give you a big raise for your efforts!

Great, great job! Love the 50 Years on the wheel as well! That in and of itself will make them a classic collectible.

So tell us, was that a real Alcoa under the black drape?

Also, any word on running the 10's up front with 275's on them with respect to fit and stance?

Anyone? I know a few SS owners put their 10's up front when they widened their 9's.

How'd that work out for handling and looks?

Jer, Should we be getting e-mails if we purchased on line?

If you refer to my post:

If you are an overseas customer you cannot order online.

the system does not work with a foreign address.

That is why I had to email my order form.

If I could order online, I would not email anything on top of the online order (and confuse SA).

Then about the confirmation for anybody, that is another question.

I suppose SA confirms the pre-order through the debit of your credit card...

That would make sense to me.

The purchase. Though I did cancel one extra set I ordered and I have yet to recieve a cancelation order and it already shows up on my credit card.

The authorization is just that, and unused or cancelled ones will drop off your card when we final today's transactions (mid-day tomorrow).

Any delays after tomorrow will be your bank's processing time.

Jer

With all of the multiple orders I'm seeing, I wonder how many of those will show up on e-bay after this run is sold out (i.e. how many are being bought on speculation)?

Just sayin'....

Phill

Jer, it's things like this that will keep Shelby going for years! They should seriously give you a big raise for your efforts!

Great, great job! Love the 50 Years on the wheel as well! That in and of itself will make them a classic collectible.

Also, any word on running the 10's up front with 275's on them with respect to fit and stance?

Anyone? I know a few SS owners put their 10's up front when they widened their 9's.

How'd that work out for handling and looks?

Im also doing this, likely putting the 10's on the front and taking the 9's to 11.5.

Im also doing this, likely putting the 10's on the front and taking the 9's to 11.5.

Look for "Robert M" on the Gen1 Super Snake forum. He did it and still has them that way (10's on the front, 11.5's on the rear).

He's real sharp and will be able to answer any of your questions regarding the fitment and driveability.

Phill

Jer, Should we be getting e-mails if we purchased on line?

Yes,

Sometimes your spam filter may gobble it before it gets to you. Check your Junk folder.

Sometimes (like now) our server load can cause hiccups or delays in email.

What name did you order with (you can PM if you like)? I'll check it for you.

Jer

Wish

If you refer to my post:

If you are an overseas customer you cannot order online.

the system does not work with a foreign address.

That is why I had to email my order form.

If I could order online, I would not email anything on top of the online order (and confuse SA).

Then about the confirmation for anybody, that is another question.

I suppose SA confirms the pre-order through the debit of your credit card...

That would make sense to me.

I really hope that one day the system will work with a foreign address! Calling them or sending them emails from Germany sucks. Maybe when Ford is start selling the Mustang (and i hope also Shelbys) in Europe 2015 they will get a new system. :worship:

So now i only hope i can put today my order for the wheels in. Please hold the line.................. :happy feet:

Thank you sincerely for the kind words. Hopefully people start to see what an investment SA is making to the customers' experience. Many people are working hard behind the scenes, and everyone here appreciates all of the support.

The "Fifty Years" engraving is one of my favorite things about this wheel, along with the new CS center caps.

As for the drape: Yes, that was the real deal under there.

Thanks again, everyone.

Jer

Jer is there any way to just purchase the wheels with just Shelby Forged engraved on them? I have a 40th anniversary car and don't really want to put rims that have 50 years on it.

Unfortunately, no.

This wheel is being produced in one run, no options other than size or with/without center caps is available.

BTW, the only person who would poke fun at you for the 50th/40th mismatch is someone jealous that you got a set!

Thanks,

Jer

No disresect Jer, but maybe if you owned a 40th, a KR, or a SS you'd feel differently. I would not put Fifty Years on my 40th...and especially on a rim that's been out 4 years.

The lettering is a 2nd-op, and the easiest thing to do on the entire process of making these rims. KR and SS registry-owners should be given the option to get GT500KR, Super Snake, or blank wheels as an option. Blank wheels would be cheaper than lettered wheels because it skips the step in the CNC. To make those who own those special vehicles, or to imply that "nobody would notice the mismatch" with such vehicles by adding Fifty Years is being done completely without respect to the customers who purchased the highest-priced and most exclusive cars with those wheels...which I might add are the very REASON why these wheels are so in-demand! That's a pretty poor homage to lineage IMHO.

Thank you sincerely for the kind words. Hopefully people start to see what an investment SA is making to the customers' experience. Many people are working hard behind the scenes, and everyone here appreciates all of the support.

The "Fifty Years" engraving is one of my favorite things about this wheel, along with the new CS center caps.

As for the drape: Yes, that was the real deal under there.

Thanks again, everyone.

Jer

I called it first. :yup: Do I get a discount? :hysterical:

No disresect Jer, but maybe if you owned a 40th, a KR, or a SS you'd feel differently. I would not put Fifty Years on my 40th...and especially on a rim that's been out 4 years.

The lettering is a 2nd-op, and the easiest thing to do on the entire process of making these rims. KR and SS registry-owners should be given the option to get GT500KR, Super Snake, or blank wheels as an option. Blank wheels would be cheaper than lettered wheels because it skips the step in the CNC. To make those who own those special vehicles, or to imply that "nobody would notice the mismatch" with such vehicles by adding Fifty Years is being done completely without respect to the customers who purchased the highest-priced and most exclusive cars with those wheels...which I might add are the very REASON why these wheels are so in-demand! That's a pretty poor homage to lineage IMHO.

Sorry, I was trying to lighten the mood. I never said "no one would notice the mismatch". I said "the only person who would poke fun at you".

So, here goes: This wheel is available the way you see it today, changes are not available. The deal is done.

Super Snake or KR owners who want to continue to "pay homage to the lineage" already have matching (and exclusive to their car) wheels.

The argument could be made that using an Alcoa wheel WITHOUT the Super Snake or GT500KR logos on it for these cars is blasphemy as well, right? Or putting a 20" on a KR at ALL. Just stating a different point for perspective, not picking a fight. We try to please as many customers as possible, and the overwhelming positive reaction to this wheel carries its own redemption, for which I am appreciative.

Jer

My car says 20th anniversary SVT all over it I don't mind having these. Don't sweat the small stuff. Jer just pulled a miracle out of his ass getting these for us.

Archived