TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super snake wheels would be made if Shelby performance ordered more? Every body wants super snake wheels, let us buy them from Alcoa ourselves.

SS730HP

Hey Jer any progress on this front?

You mean, between the time I went home yesterday and the time I woke up this morning?

LOL...

No, but I did get the transmission cooling scoops you were waiting for back in stock and listed for sale yesterday before I went home.

Jer

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean, between the time I went home yesterday and the time I woke up this morning?

LOL...

No, but I did get the transmission cooling scoops you were waiting for back in stock and listed for sale yesterday before I went home.

Jer

I meannnnnn during the day you were working lol. But thank you for bringing back the scoops. I'll be ordering it later next week.

Jer,

For those interested ONLY in seeing REAL Alcoas coming up for sale again, the answer should be a quick and easy one:

Two TS members contacted Alcoa and both got the same answer: It's up to SA to know if they want to order some more or not.

For SA, it's either a question of knowing if enough will be sold to justify an order or not, OR, it's another debate related to net margin or to product strategy (?).

The first one could be answered by asking customers to pre-order Alcoa sets and evaluate.

The second one is none of our business (I fully agree), but it would be nice to be clear on that without waiting anymore.

If a substitute is considered (Alcoa wheel but not from Alcoa - no Durabright) just say it if it's the only solution left, so that those wanting only the real thing can quit hoping.

Fair enough?

THX

I had also inquired directly to Alcoa before the discussion of restarting production began, sounds like they are open if Shelby wants more wheels:

"Thank you for your interest in Alcoa wheels. Because we supply the wheel solely to Shelby, your inquiry would be more appropriate going to them.

Thanks again!

Danielle"

Hey Jer,

For what it is worth my order of preference would be the following, but any of the 3 would get my cash;

1) Exact same wheels made by Alcoa

2) Replicas without durabright made by someone else, but with ideal offset for widest tire without body/suspension mods. (Anyone know the perfect offset for an Alcoa wheel we could offer up to Jer, since I'm thinking they might have to re-tool with a different manufacturer?)

3) Exact replicas without durabright made by someone else if you already own the tooling used with Alcoa and thus can simply give everything to another company. (Not sure whom owns what.)

Since this is a hopes and dreams thread, how about bringing back 08/09 SS CF splitters as well Jer? I can't believe there wouldn't be continual demand for replacement splitters on these high damage, parts.

+1 on the 07 to 09 CF splitters.

Jer,

For those interested ONLY in seeing REAL Alcoas coming up for sale again, the answer should be a quick and easy one:

Two TS members contacted Alcoa and both got the same answer: It's up to SA to know if they want to order some more or not.

For SA, it's either a question of knowing if enough will be sold to justify an order or not, OR, it's another debate related to net margin or to product strategy (?).

The first one could be answered by asking customers to pre-order Alcoa sets and evaluate.

The second one is none of our business (I fully agree), but it would be nice to be clear on that without waiting anymore.

If a substitute is considered (Alcoa wheel but not from Alcoa - no Durabright) just say it if it's the only solution left, so that those wanting only the real thing can quit hoping.

Fair enough?

THX

NOTHING is off the table. There is a chance these wheels may be made again, in the same configuration everyone knows and loves. But it's my job to ask ALL the questions, explore ALL the options, etc... By asking everyone's opinion on possible changes, it seems I opened Pandora's box, but as I have said before, multiple times, we at SA love the original wheel as much as you all do, and if we can get the original made and it makes good business sense to do so, we will.

It's being discussed EVERY DAY and at EVERY MEETING, I can promise you that. We want to make products you want to buy, and clearly, this forum is full of people ready to buy them, judging by the frenzy.

BTW, keep in mind that this is MY department, and I've been working at SA for 12 days. Haven't even unpacked my stapler yet. I don't expect any sympathy, just explaining the circumstances, in case things are going slower than you're all used to. Are they?

Jer

NOTHING is off the table. There is a chance these wheels may be made again, in the same configuration everyone knows and loves. But it's my job to ask ALL the questions, explore ALL the options, etc... By asking everyone's opinion on possible changes, it seems I opened Pandora's box, but as I have said before, multiple times, we at SA love the original wheel as much as you all do, and if we can get the original made and it makes good business sense to do so, we will.

It's being discussed EVERY DAY and at EVERY MEETING, I can promise you that. We want to make products you want to buy, and clearly, this forum is full of people ready to buy them, judging by the frenzy.

BTW, keep in mind that this is MY department, and I've been working at SA for 12 days. Haven't even unpacked my stapler yet. I don't expect any sympathy, just explaining the circumstances, in case things are going slower than you're all used to. Are they?

Jer

Jer,

There does seem to still be a lot of demand for these wheels, I would even think the new SS and Shelby 1000 buyers would like these as an option. Thanks for staying on top of it and making it a priority, people are going to be impatient when they really want something, we all understand you are working it. Put me on your list as your 1st customer. (also want that '09 SS CF Splitter)

Jer

BRING THEM BACK TO US NOWWWWWWWW

Please? :)

I guess I'll chime in.

First off, thank you Jer! One for being as much an enthusiast as the rest of us and for caring so much about what all of us want. Your quick responses on this issue as well as others show that you jumped into your new job neck deep, so thanks again!

Secondly, I LOVE the lookof the Alcoa wheel. I wouldn't want the SS script for obvious reasons, but would love to have the SHELBY name or logo engraved. Engraved or not, I am happy since the cap will still have something. The Durabright isn't that important to me since I would want the wheel in black anyways.

I must say though, that the only wheel I would consider changing to would be the Alcoa style. They just scream SHELBY to me!

I guess I'll chime in.

First off, thank you Jer! One for being as much an enthusiast as the rest of us and for caring so much about what all of us want. Your quick responses on this issue as well as others show that you jumped into your new job neck deep, so thanks again!

Secondly, I LOVE the lookof the Alcoa wheel. I wouldn't want the SS script for obvious reasons, but would love to have the SHELBY name or logo engraved. Engraved or not, I am happy since the cap will still have something. The Durabright isn't that important to me since I would want the wheel in black anyways.

I must say though, that the only wheel I would consider changing to would be the Alcoa style. They just scream SHELBY to me!

Thank you, and I appreciate the feedback and enthusiasm.

I'm committed to giving my fellow Shelby customers quick and consistent contact. I've been frustrated in the past when a question hangs in the air without any response for days... Or weeks... Or EVER. So I want to stay in touch and be as helpful as I can. But, sometimes, there's nothing new to report.

Years ago, in Boston, during The Big Dig construction project, there were billboards along the highway where the traffic delays were the most significant. They read "Rome wasn't built in a day. If it was, we would have hired their contractor".

Jer

If they are going to be made again and the cost is not to exorbitant I would like to see a few engraved with GT500KR like they had on the preproduction models.

I would buy two full sets myself.

2008-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500kr-wheel-photo-111744-s-520x318.jpg

If you want KR wheels there is a set of brand new ones on ebay right now for 2200

If they are going to be made again and the cost is not to exorbitant I would like to see a few engraved with GT500KR like they had on the preproduction models.

I would buy two full sets myself.

2008-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500kr-wheel-photo-111744-s-520x318.jpg

Sheppd01,

I'm assuming you mean 20", right?

If you are talking about 18", send me an email: JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

The ones on eBay are 18"...

Jer

If you want KR wheels there is a set of brand new ones on ebay right now for 2200

I am sure he does mean 20", I also would like 20" with "Shelby KR" or "King of the Road" on them. I do have a set of 20" already.

I also like the regular price of $495 ea., not the ridiculous price being suggested $3000 or more for a set. More people can buy if the price is kept reasonable as before.

I mean 20" wheels. Just like the preproduction KR.

Yup, I figured that. Thanks for the reply.

Jer

I don't understand, Alcoa makes the srt wheels.what happened and why can't it be corrected?

That was for the preproduction KR. It had 20" wheels just like the SS but it was engraved GT500KR.

I am sure the svt center cap was put on there just to fill the hole.

The production KR's came with 18" with a CS center cap.

i dont know if they would be a dumb idea, how about Partnering up with a company like AmericanMuscle.com? They make their own wheels, and i see they are "Exclusive" with the Shelby Razors: http://search.americanmuscle.com/search?query=shelby+razors&vwcatalog=mustangtuning they have a huge following, probably can get the word out about the Alcoa/SS wheels out more.

i dont know if they would be a dumb idea, how about Partnering up with a company like AmericanMuscle.com? They make their own wheels, and i see they are "Exclusive" with the Shelby Razors: http://search.americ...g=mustangtuning they have a huge following, probably can get the word out about the Alcoa/SS wheels out more.

The wheels American muscle gets that are not from other companies look like they are made of plastic in person. They are chinese crap.

The wheels American muscle gets that are not from other companies look like they are made of plastic in person. They are chinese crap.

You know some of the Shelby wheels are also from China right? Most companies get their wheels from overseas,

most of your car is from China/Japan

Right! I fully agree.

I remember a test which had been conducted in Europe, about a year ago, to compare the real factory OEM rims and the "repro look like" type of rims.

(Audi + BMW + VW cast aluminium OEM vs. Chinese repro.)

The purpose was to show what dangerous junk is manufactured in China...!!!

I have to find it back to post the link...

It was about; Finish quality / Weight / Fatigue resistance.

Needless to say, it showed quite an ENORMOUS difference in all three aspects!

The most amazing and spectacular test was the fatigue test, when they induced vibration stress to the wheels being rotated at highway speed!

The repro wheels disintegrated at levels that seemed ridiculous compared to what it took to just slightly crack an OEM wheel.

Quite scary!

I will never buy that sort of crap.

Look at the repro FRPP rims being sold for half the price of the real Ford items...would never have that on my car!

You know some of the Shelby wheels are also from China right? Most companies get their wheels from overseas,

You are partly right unfortunately!

But

1) A lot of wheels are still manufactured in the US and in Europe.

2) The OEM wheels manufactured in Asia have quality standards that FAR surpass the grey repro market (Material / Fabrication process / Quality control).

3) You can't compare China with Taiwan or Japan! Japan is a very high-tech country with very high quality industrial standards and Taiwan is not so far from that situation.

All the cheap low quality stuff comes from China, certainly not from Japan!

Some VERY high quality wheels come from Japan and some very good OEM come from Taiwan...

Yes but those aftermarket parts are not speced to OEM quality. They can claim it but in reality they are not. I wouldn't put anything on this car worse than OEM quality.

Just one more very important note Jer, please make sure they come in 20x11 or 20x11.5 so we can tuck in set of 315 Drag Radials... pleeeeze!!!!

and thank you for all your efforts!!!!!!!

If you give him crazy demands like this they won't do it. Pretty much the easiest, only, and most logical way to have these come back is if they are the exact same as before. Thats the cheapest way to do it. Different sizes requires way more work that they won't do. If you want a wider rim and they bring it back go get it widened yourself.

Archived