TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super snake wheels would be made if Shelby performance ordered more? Every body wants super snake wheels, let us buy them from Alcoa ourselves.

SS730HP

Rene,

I'd be more than happy to save ya a few bucks! Pick 'em up here!

We're gonna arrange shipping on a one-on-one basis, everyone will have the choice of what they want.

Jer

Just curious what shipping costs would be first. I am guessing they ship via freight??

But that is cool to know as a few people have asked if shipping was included. I am off during Xmas break and sometimes I make a Vegas trip so the timing would be optimal!! :happy feet:

BTW, Happy Birthday!!!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious what shipping costs would be first. I am guessing they ship via freight??

Mine came via UPS or Fed-Ex (can't remember which) and from what I remember, shipping wasn't bad from Vegas to Co. Springs CO. But mine also came in 4 plain cardboard boxes instead of the Alcoa boxes like I see all over the place so maybe mine were from Alcoa rather than from Shelby/LV...or vice versa.

Phill

But that is cool to know as a few people have asked if shipping was included. I am off during Xmas break and sometimes I make a Vegas trip so the timing would be optimal!! :happy feet:

BTW, Happy Birthday!!!

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure these will ship "regular" FedEx, not as freight. I'll double check.

They will all be shipping from here in Vegas.

Jer

BTW, Happy Birthday!!!

I had 4ea delivered from Cali to Md (from private party) and the UPS charges were $168.00. Pricey but not too unreasonable with today's shipping costs.

Mine came via UPS or Fed-Ex (can't remember which) and from what I remember, shipping wasn't bad from Vegas to Co. Springs CO. But mine also came in 4 plain cardboard boxes instead of the Alcoa boxes like I see all over the place so maybe mine were from Alcoa rather than from Shelby/LV...or vice versa.

Phill

They've actually never shipped right from Alcoa. The plain boxes were some that we had to acquire to re-box from the factory white Alcoa one. Turns out they didn't hold up in shipping. :blink:

So wait the 2010-12 TPMS ford racing and americanmuscle sensor will work with these wheels? Does that mean the 13 sensors will work as well? Or could we use the 2010-2012 sensors on the SVTPP 13 rims? Because I'm switching my svtpp rims to my cold weather rim and since I'm not going to go over 150 MPH during winter I could switch out my sensors to the alcoa wheels and just get a 2010-2012 sensor for the SVTPP rims but I wonder if that would work?

Any ideas Jer or anyone else?

Oh and Jer check your inbox I sent you a PM

I replied.

Thanks!

Jer

Do these Alcoa wheels have the same offsets as the originals? If this question has already been answered, I apologize for asking it again...

Yes.

Jer

Is there anyway of disabling the TPMS system and just run standard valve stems?

I don't believe so. Nor do I recommend it:

I've TWICE had a situation where that system has saved me - the warning sounded, and I pulled off the road safely right before major deflation. I had hit some left-lane road debris, and I appreciated the early warning for the extra time to get across 3 lanes of NY Metro traffic. Also, low profile tires don't "show" low pressure to the naked eye as much. So you could have a slow leak, and the system will catch it before your eye does. When you come out of a restaurant after 2 or 3 hours and your car warns you when you start it, it's a good thing!

Jer

Do these Alcoa wheels have the same offsets as the originals? If this question has already been answered, I apologize for asking it again...

Yes.

Jer

At the risk of sounding uneducated, which I obviously am on this topic, I still have questions about the advantages and disadvantages of running 10" wide wheels all around. I've seen the amount of offset, and I'm still concerned that since the offset is different between the wheels recommended for the front (9"), from those recommended for the rear (10"), that if I were to put 10" wheels all around, the front wheels and tires would actually stick out farther than the rears. Does anyone know if this is accurate, and if so, by how much? In other words, is the mounting surface on the rotors the same width front and rear? Thanks for any help!

OK, it's THAT TIME!

We'll be shutting down the pre-order program soon - we're just about sold out.

There MAY be a few more deposit positions available, could be minutes, could be hours.

It's the last run. This Pre-Order is the only way to get yourself on the list.

IF YOU WANT THESE WHEELS, GET YOUR DEPOSIT IN NOW:

http://www.shelbystore.com/Pre-Order-p/8s3z-1007-pre.htm

Thanks, everyone, for your support of this special project celebrating Fifty Years of Shelby American!

Jer

Do all the people who have ordered the wheels get a few extra Shelby Memorial stickers :)? Maybe one per wheel?

Well, as per the system, you will ALL get at least ONE per order...

Jer

At the risk of sounding uneducated, which I obviously am on this topic, I still have questions about the advantages and disadvantages of running 10" wide wheels all around. I've seen the amount of offset, and I'm still concerned that since the offset is different between the wheels recommended for the front (9"), from those recommended for the rear (10"), that if I were to put 10" wheels all around, the front wheels and tires would actually stick out farther than the rears. Does anyone know if this is accurate, and if so, by how much? In other words, is the mounting surface on the rotors the same width front and rear? Thanks for any help!

Robert M told me via another site that 9' and 10' Alcoa's are interchangable from the brake mounting surface outwards. The extra inch is on the inside of the wheel, not on the outside. He's the fellow that runs 10's up front on his red SS and had his 9's widened for the back.

To me it makes sense to run 10's up front with 275/35's on them since the car is so heavy on the front. I would think more tire would be appropriate vs less tire, but I'm no race car guy. 295/35's on the back seem as big as one should go so as to not risk rubbing.

Robert M told me via another site that 9' and 10' Alcoa's are interchangable from the brake mounting surface outwards. The extra inch is on the inside of the wheel, not on the outside. He's the fellow that runs 10's up front on his red SS and had his 9's widened for the back.

To me it makes sense to run 10's up front with 275/35's on them since the car is so heavy on the front. I would think more tire would be appropriate vs less tire, but I'm no race car guy. 295/35's on the back seem as big as one should go so as to not risk rubbing.

Actually, my calculations and direct measurement show you "could" go as large as 335/30/20 on a wheel widened to 12" with o/s of 62mm.... but please don't. Its like large girls wearing small dresses... just because they make it in their size, doesn't mean they should wear it. Lol.

Yes, the mounting surface on both the 9's and 10's is exactly 90.3mm from the OUTSIDE edge of both wheels... therefore the o/s of both the 9's and 10's differ by half the distance or ~13mm. In effect, on EVERY car that has Alcoa wheels the outside face of the wheels is constant in EVERY case - not further in or out. Only the tire width may differ. So, 20x9 have an offset of 24mm, 20x10's are 36.7mm, 20x11.5 are 55.75mm and 20x12 are 62.1mm.

Thanks for that information Frank. I just can't see how they could be the same with a 12.7 mm difference in offset. However, I've been doing a lot of "research" using web based tire dimension calculators and I found that 275/35/20 will fit on a nine inch wheel, plus it adds about .8 inch width over stock (non SVTPP). And 295/30/20 will fit on the ten inch wheel and adds about .4 inch in width over stock (non SVTPP). About .2 inch less sidewall height up front, and about .4 inch less sidewall in the rear. This combination should also result in a minimal increase in tire diameter, which will result in a very minimal difference in speedometer reading and performance. In other words, there won't be a significant difference between original tire dimensions so the biggest concern has to do with offset and backspacing. So unless I learn something different, this is what I'll probably end up with when I'm ready to buy tires for the new wheels (most likely next summer).

Yes, the mounting surface on both the 9's and 10's is exactly 90.3mm from the OUTSIDE edge of both wheels... therefore the o/s of both the 9's and 10's differ by half the distance or ~13mm. In effect, on EVERY car that has Alcoa wheels the outside face of the wheels is constant in EVERY case - not further in or out. Only the tire width may differ. So, 20x9 have an offset of 24mm, 20x10's are 36.7mm, 20x11.5 are 55.75mm and 20x12 are 62.1mm.

Thanks for this information. It does resolve my concerns about the front wheels/tires sticking out farther, but now I'm questioning the advantages/needs of having 10" wheels up front when the largest tire that everyone seems to recommend will fit on the 9" wheels, which would presumably weigh less? This sure would be easier if I could see them all in person first...lol.

I honestly think most everyone is over thinking this.... just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you have to. There is absolutely no reason why anyone needs to do anything other than what is tried and true. The recommended sizes are there for a reason... they work. Some of us are just junkies for trying to push the boundaries. The outward appearance of nearly all these combinations is nearly imperceptible to most. 10mm is about this wide |-----|. Think about it.

Archived