TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super snake wheels would be made if Shelby performance ordered more? Every body wants super snake wheels, let us buy them from Alcoa ourselves.

SS730HP

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it looks like my original order didn't go through so I just put one through now. Got a receipt from SA right away this time around.

That's weird.

PM me the name it was placed under, so I can double-check for you.

Jer

Jer,

I went to the link to put down deposit for 2 sets, it allowed me to add 4 of each size as I want:

8S3Z-1007-PRE Shelby Limited Edition Forged Wheel Pre-Order Program

[20 x 10:4]

[20 x 9:4]

[Add Wheel Center Caps:Yes] 1 $500.00 $500.00

I just saw you post here. Do I have a deposit down for 8 wheels as it indicates or only 6 wheels? If only 6, which 6 do I have and how to I add the remaining 2 I need? Love the wheels and the "50 Years", nice touch!

Anyone else have this issue ordering 2 sets?

Any chance the price includes shipping? :unsure:

It does not.

Jer

Jer,

I went to the link to put down deposit for 2 sets, it allowed me to add 4 of each size as I want:

8S3Z-1007-PRE Shelby Limited Edition Forged Wheel Pre-Order Program

[20 x 10:4]

[20 x 9:4]

[Add Wheel Center Caps:Yes] 1 $500.00 $500.00

I just saw you post here. Do I have a deposit down for 8 wheels as it indicates or only 6 wheels? If only 6, which 6 do I have and how to I add the remaining 2 I need? Love the wheels and the "50 Years", nice touch!

PM me the name it was ordered under and I will check. I want everyone to get the wheels they want, but I don't want to overcharge on the deposit.

Jer

I was almost sure I'd never have a set of these wheels. Placed my pre-order yesterday and excited for the opportunity.

Where will be able to check the progress? Hopefully there is no embellishment on Shelby's statement for December shipping.

Where will be able to check the progress? Hopefully there is no embellishment on Shelby's statement for December shipping.

You will not.

There is not.

Jer

Hi Jer, As of now how many sets/units have been pre-ordered? Is there a limit? Also, has production started already? If not, when does it? Thanks, Jeff

There is currently no limit to retail customers. Dealers have a maximum allocation, and those dealers are invitation-only.

At this point, no one can buy very many anyway, they are selling too quickly!

Production timelines have been set, and delivery in December is the schedule.

Jer

With all these wheels being ordered, has anyone found a place to get a good deal on a set of TPMS's for 2013 GT500's? Does anyone have a good part number for these tire pressure monitors?

I just caught this under the "New Parts" on fordracingparts.com the other day. I'm not sure if it's a "good deal" or not but it is what you're looking for;

http://fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22811

M-1180-A.jpg

2010-2013 MUSTANG TPMS SENSORS AND ACTIVATION TOOL KIT

M-1180-A

Suggested Retail Price

$249.00

tech notes

• Fits 2010-2013 Mustang V6 and Mustang GT

• Fits 2010-2012 Shelby GT500

• Kit contains 4-valve mounted snap-in tire pressure monitor sensors (valve stem TPMS) and tire pressure monitor activation tool

• 2010-2013 Mustang requires that tire pressure monitor sensors are installed and properly activated. Failure to install and activate sensorswill cause tire pressure monitor light to remain on

• Activation tool can beused to retrain sensorsafter tire rotation

• Warning: Requires wheels specifically designed for valve-mounted snap-in-tirepressure monitor sensors

Note : Will NOT work on 2007-2009 Mustang V6, GT or GT500. Valve stems are not designed for speeds over 155 mph

HTH,

Phill

Tousley Ford has a set of 4 with the tool for $120. They are for the 2012's. The 2013 GT500 uses a different TPMS and they run about $470 a set of 4. Tousley Ford was not sure if the 2012 TPMS would work with the 2013, but I think the change was made because of a potential failure of the unit at the 2013's top speed. If you don't plan to go over 160 MPH, I don't think there would be a problem using the 2012 part.

Jer I don't think anyone has asked this but, from where are the wheels being shipped? If its Vegas, I would be more than able to pick them up myself. This way I could save on shipping and parlay it with a short stay in Vegas!! Will this be a possibility? Or are the wheels being shipped straight from ALCOA factory - which is where exactly?? Thanks!

Rene

Jer I don't think anyone has asked this but, from where are the wheels being shipped? If its Vegas, I would be more than able to pick them up myself. This way I could save on shipping and parlay it with a short stay in Vegas!! Will this be a possibility? Or are the wheels being shipped straight from ALCOA factory - which is where exactly?? Thanks!

Rene

Rene,

I'd be more than happy to save ya a few bucks! Pick 'em up here!

We're gonna arrange shipping on a one-on-one basis, everyone will have the choice of what they want.

Jer

Ordered my wheels today!!!! Super excited cant wait!! Jer is amazing!!! And happy birthday!

Ha! Congrats, and THANK YOU!!!!

Jer

Archived