TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super snake wheels would be made if Shelby performance ordered more? Every body wants super snake wheels, let us buy them from Alcoa ourselves.

SS730HP

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look for Robert M. He did it on his Super Snake.

Phill

Eric Vaughn Wheel Widening

Here is a link for Eric Vaughn. I already contact him today and his words to me were, "give a call when they ship and I'll have them turned around in a few days". I warned him there would likely be NUMEROUS calls in the next few days.

What is the process to pre order...

Read this page completely, hit me back with any questions you may have: http://www.shelbystore.com/Pre-Order-p/8s3z-1007-pre.htm

Thanks!

Jer

I plan on lowering the car with either FRPP springs or EIbach pro springs. First drops 1.25 the other is around .5-1 inch. And I want to go with Michelin super sport tires. I know the michelins run a little thinner then advertised. Apparently on a stock svtpp car you need 275/40 and 295/35 for it to fit properly

Just so you know, No the Michelin's do not run thinner than advertised. Compare a 295/35 from Michelin to a 295/35 Nitto and the Michelin will be wider. Do a lot of research before totally commit to a tire. There is a lot of info out there from each manufacturer that will really help. I'm running the 295/35 Pilot Super Sports in the rear and 275/35 in the front with the Shelby/Eibach Suspension and everything clears just fine.

Just so you know, No the Michelin's do not run thinner than advertised. Compare a 295/35 from Michelin to a 295/35 Nitto and the Michelin will be wider. Do a lot of research before totally commit to a tire. There is a lot of info out there from each manufacturer that will really help. I'm running the 295/35 Pilot Super Sports in the rear and 275/35 in the front with the Shelby/Eibach Suspension and everything clears just fine.

Here is another link to a site that has a really good tire/spec tool. I also use the specs from the manufacturers on the Tirerack.com site. Make sure you check diameters on each of the brands your looking at and how they match up with OEM specs. Tires of exactly the same specs differ in actual size considerably. Personally, Im thinking of running a 30 aspect tire on the back, probably a 305, which will work best on an 11+ width wheel. Additionally, not all manufacturers make all the same sizes. The balance of the car is very important to me, so I plan on running the larger tires then also increase the rear weight transfer slightly with a larger rear sway bar (obviously along with other suspension mods - considering the Griggs Torque-Arm too), thereby keeping the understeer issue in check.

Custom Wheel & Tire Calculator

Oh someone showed me a thread on fordgt500 where they said it did.

Robert says 275/35 front and 295/35 would be a perfect fit.

Since you are running this on alcoas, is your speedo or gas milage off? Now that I have these alcos all I need is an SS hood and stripe to look like a super snake haha. Too bad the SS hood is heaver than the stock hood otherwise I'd get it.

I would like to use 275-35-20 and 295-35-20 tires on a 2013 GT500. Can I use the 20x9 and 20x10 wheels with these tires or should I go with 20x10's on all 4 corners?

Stock ride height.

Personally with that tire combo I would stay with the 9's in front, although 10's should be fine as well. The sidewalls on the front will "look" a bit more stretched but that would be harmless. Normally a 275 would work on anything from a 20.x8.5 to 20x10.5.

Here is another link to a site that has a really good tire/spec tool. I also use the specs from the manufacturers on the Tirerack.com site. Make sure you check diameters on each of the brands your looking at and how they match up with OEM specs. Tires of exactly the same specs differ in actual size considerably. Personally, Im thinking of running a 30 aspect tire on the back, probably a 305, which will work best on an 11+ width wheel. Additionally, not all manufacturers make all the same sizes. The balance of the car is very important to me, so I plan on running the larger tires then also increase the rear weight transfer slightly with a larger rear sway bar (obviously along with other suspension mods - considering the Griggs Torque-Arm too), thereby keeping the understeer issue in check.

Custom Wheel & Tire Calculator

Hey HyperStangs,

What do you think about 265/35 fronts with 20x9s and 285/35 rears with 20x10s?

I currently have 255/45 fronts with 18x9.5s and 285/40s rears with 18x9.5 on my KR.

Oh someone showed me a thread on fordgt500 where they said it did.

Robert says 275/35 front and 295/35 would be a perfect fit.

Since you are running this on alcoas, is your speedo or gas milage off? Now that I have these alcos all I need is an SS hood and stripe to look like a super snake haha. Too bad the SS hood is heaver than the stock hood otherwise I'd get it.

If you have a handheld tuner you can input the closest tire size into the tuner and it will adjust as needed. Not sure what you mean by the SS hood being heavier. that stock hood is very heavy. When the SS hood arrived in the box i could pick the box up with no help. Where have you seen for sure the SS hood is definitely heavier than the stock hood? What are the weights? To me, the SS hood is definitely lighter.

Hey HyperStangs,

What do you think about 265/35 fronts with 20x9s and 285/35 rears with 20x10s?

I currently have 255/45 fronts with 18x9.5s and 285/40s rears with 18x9.5 on my KR.

Its really not a matter of what I think, its really how you drive and what you want. I can only speak for myself, but I do drive my cars near the limit so I'm always striving to improve on what can't be perfected. None of this even matters if you're car doesn't see track time, so I would say that combo is fine - in fact I believe that's the combo that comes with an S.S. package as of this date, Pilots if I'm not mistaken- or wait, I think the rears are 275's. So, with that said, absolutely that combo will work and be an aesthetically pleasing improvement. As for handling, your contact patch is actually about the same with slightly less deflection due to the shorter sidewall and lower aspect ratio... Im guessing the change might be imperceptible, and again, only at the limits of traction.

FYI:

For people running non-standard wheels and tires: Your tire manufacturer will have the specs on "total tire circumference" for whatever you choose, in most cases.

If it's different than stock, you can use a handheld tuner (SCT+, Diablosport, Pro-Cal, et al) to adjust your computer so the speedometer and odometer will stay accurate.

If this scares you, get to your local shop, it's an easy tweak.

EDIT: Just noticed 05Mustangman posted something similar... thank you! I DO recommend going to your tire manufacturer's website, they have exact RPM/circumference charts for their models, in most cases.

Jer

I'm running alcoa's on my 2013, and that is the exact sizes I am running without problems. Mich Pilot Super Sports.

Thanks to everyone for posting what works and what doesn't.

My favorite thing about TS is the teamwork and helpful advice.

I can't always find out every possible answer, so all of you are a valuable group of individuals, testing and modding (and sometimes breakin' stuff!).

Much appreciated.

Jer

I'm running alcoa's on my 2013, and that is the exact sizes I am running without problems. Mich Pilot Super Sports.

Im just glad there are lots of guys doing the legwork to make sure they fit. Makes my life A LOT easier.... happen to venture a guess how much clearance you have between front caliper and wheel spoke Ice?

Its really not a matter of what I think, its really how you drive and what you want. I can only speak for myself, but I do drive my cars near the limit so I'm always striving to improve on what can't be perfected. None of this even matters if you're car doesn't see track time, so I would say that combo is fine - in fact I believe that's the combo that comes with an S.S. package as of this date, Pilots if I'm not mistaken- or wait, I think the rears are 275's. So, with that said, absolutely that combo will work and be an aesthetically pleasing improvement. As for handling, your contact patch is actually about the same with slightly less deflection due to the shorter sidewall and lower aspect ratio... Im guessing the change might be imperceptible, and again, only at the limits of traction.

So...what you're saying is that handling won't be adversly affected.

So...what you're saying is that handling won't be adversly affected.

Lol... yes, that's what Im saying. It should feel a bit more crisp (less sidewall means less deflection which relates to quicker response, but less cornering contact). Its all very complicated really... I've studied suspensions for a long time and still don't consider myself fully versed... only ahead of the curve. But as I said, everything in suspension is a trade-off. Yes, this combination should be excellent.

6 wheels is the maximum for each $500 deposit.

Contrary to popular belief (some folks aren't reading the whole page), this is just a "good faith" deposit, and a single $500 covers up to 6 wheels (with or without center caps).

If you'd like to order 12 wheels, you would purchase 2 deposits ($1000).

We're not trying to hold any more of the customers' money than neccessary.

Jer

Jer,

I went to the link to put down deposit for 2 sets, it allowed me to add 4 of each size as I want:

8S3Z-1007-PRE Shelby Limited Edition Forged Wheel Pre-Order Program

[20 x 10:4]

[20 x 9:4]

[Add Wheel Center Caps:Yes] 1 $500.00 $500.00

I just saw you post here. Do I have a deposit down for 8 wheels as it indicates or only 6 wheels? If only 6, which 6 do I have and how to I add the remaining 2 I need? Love the wheels and the "50 Years", nice touch!

Thanks to everyone for posting what works and what doesn't.

My favorite thing about TS is the teamwork and helpful advice.

I can't always find out every possible answer, so all of you are a valuable group of individuals, testing and modding (and sometimes breakin' stuff!).

Much appreciated.

Jer

YES - Thank you all for answering the question running through my mind all morning since placing my order - staggered or 4 20x10s? I think staggered will be fine for me as my car is not dragged or tracked just showed :camera: . Of course as someone posted, I could always go with the 20x10s up front and get the 20x9s widened (if it works on a lowered car)!! Thanks fellow TS members. Now to find a powder coater....

If you have a handheld tuner you can input the closest tire size into the tuner and it will adjust as needed. Not sure what you mean by the SS hood being heavier. that stock hood is very heavy. When the SS hood arrived in the box i could pick the box up with no help. Where have you seen for sure the SS hood is definitely heavier than the stock hood? What are the weights? To me, the SS hood is definitely lighter.

The alumnium hood on the 11-13s Idk if the 10 had them is like 15 pounds or something. Thats why with an SS hood if you get hood struts you need a 90 pound one or something as oppose to 70 pound for stock hood.

2nd I am not buying a tuner or ever having my car tuned till the warranty is done.

Robert says 275/35 and 295/35 are best and he seems to have the most experience with this. He also has a lot of pics he said he will send me so I can see.

YES - Thank you all for answering the question running through my mind all morning since placing my order - staggered or 4 20x10s? I think staggered will be fine for me as my car is not dragged or tracked just showed :camera: . Of course as someone posted, I could always go with the 20x10s up front and get the 20x9s widened (if it works on a lowered car)!! Thanks fellow TS members. Now to find a powder coater....

UCLA, what springs are you running on your car... it has a PERFECT stance BTW?

UCLA, what springs are you running on your car... it has a PERFECT stance BTW?

NOT SURE!!! I love the height too!! Bought the car like that over 2 years ago (3600 mi on the odom). It even came with the Razors!!! They are either Ford or Steeda (they are a medium blue colored springs). I think they are Ford. I have had a few suspension guys look at them and they do this :shrug: Guess it doesnt matter. Million dollar question is will 275 fit on MY car (in the front)???

NOT SURE!!! I love the height too!! Bought the car like that over 2 years ago (3600 mi on the odom). It even came with the Razors!!! They are either Ford or Steeda (they are a medium blue colored springs). I think they are Ford. I have had a few suspension guys look at them and they do this :shrug: Guess it doesnt matter. Million dollar question is will 275 fit on MY car (in the front)???

Lots of guys running 275/35/20 up front... even on 10's with no problem (I'd stick with 9's myself). You look low, but not too low. Im guessing those are the Steeda Springs actually... they came in blue as well. Does it have C/C plates as well? Robert M over at Ford5t500 has those up front and 315/30/20's rear... but admittedly his car doesn't look as low as yours. Totally love your color combo too... just about went that direction then BLACK sucked me back in.

Kudos

EDIT: I stand corrected, he runs 275's front and 325's rear:

Picture1971.jpg

Lots of guys running 275/35/20 up front... even on 10's with no problem (I'd stick with 9's myself). You look low, but not too low. Im guessing those are the Steeda Springs actually... they came in blue as well. Does it have C/C plates as well? Robert M over at Ford5t500 has those up front and 315/30/20's rear... but admittedly his car doesn't look as low as yours. Totally love your color combo too... just about went that direction then BLACK sucked me back in.

Kudos

EDIT: I stand corrected, he runs 275's front and 325's rear:

Picture1971.jpg

No C/C plates - yet. Still riding on OEM struts too. I have so much money into this car its sick!!! No...I am sick. I am in EASILY 15 TO 20K. Now the new wheels and I'm gonna have the rims powder coated black. Need a new hobby!!! Someone help!!!

Archived