TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super snake wheels would be made if Shelby performance ordered more? Every body wants super snake wheels, let us buy them from Alcoa ourselves.

SS730HP

Hey Jer,

The wheels will fit the 2013 with the 15 inch rotors and brembo brakes right?

Yes. This wheel is remarkably universal.

Jer

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am DELIGHTED to be able to make this wheel as a salute to the Shelby COMPANY's 50th Anniversary. One of my major demands for the program was that the wheel ship this year, and I was elated that Alcoa was able to make it happen. When anyone sees this wheel in public, remember that it's for Carroll. Plain and simple.

Thanks again to everyone for your patience and support.

Jer

I called it first. :yup: Do I get a discount? :hysterical:

Hell, I'm hoping I get to buy a set PERIOD! LOL...

Jer

The argument could be made that using an Alcoa wheel WITHOUT the Super Snake or GT500KR logos on it for these cars is blasphemy as well, right?

Jer

I don't see any rationale in that statement. Shelby previously sold a blank wheel...and putting a blank wheel on a KR is following lineage of what many people have done.

FWIW: on top of Shelby not being able to provide a very easy and inexpensive option, keep in mind that us customers are cognizant of the fact that with a pre-order system, Shelby is basically taking ZERO risk in re-issuing these, and it's the customer who's really facilitating this second batch. Clearly, if Shelby had to plunk down the money and risk, it wasn't going to happen.

Also, there's 1,500+ KR's out there and only 3 prototype KR wheel sets. You'd sell 500 sets of "Alcoa GT500KR Forged Shelby" wheels to KR owners if you opened up that exclusive product to them. And since NONE of that would cost Shelby anything (since the CNC programs have already been done, and the customers are facilititating your zero-risk pre-order to Alcoa), it again is interpretted by me as giving a kick in the teeth to the real reason why these wheels have become so respected and popular. If you are worried about offending the 3 owners of the prototypes, just change the order of the 4 words around the rim. Simple.

Or putting a 20" on a KR at ALL.

Jer

You didn't actually say that, did you?

Oh, boy. :sos:

I don't see any rationale in that statement. Shelby previously sold a blank wheel...and putting a blank wheel on a KR is following lineage of what many people have done.

FWIW: on top of Shelby not being able to provide a very easy and inexpensive option, keep in mind that us customers are cognizant of the fact that with a pre-order system, Shelby is basically taking ZERO risk in re-issuing these, and it's the customer who's really facilitating this second batch. Clearly, if Shelby had to plunk down the money and risk, it wasn't going to happen.

Also, there's 1,500+ KR's out there and only 3 prototype KR wheel sets. You'd sell 500 sets of "Alcoa GT500KR Forged Shelby" wheels to KR owners if you opened up that exclusive product to them. And since NONE of that would cost Shelby anything (since the CNC programs have already been done, and the customers are facilititating your zero-risk pre-order to Alcoa), it again is interpretted by me as giving a kick in the teeth to the real reason why these wheels have become so respected and popular. If you are worried about offending the 3 owners of the prototypes, just change the order of the 4 words around the rim. Simple.

You don't really believe shelby would have done this if there was a chance they'd lose money on the inventory? Or even getting alcoa to make these? They have less than 1000 sets. This is just to make us happy. Are you seriously complaining about a wheel you are going to be able to sell for twice as much in less than a year? come on.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Clearly we don't see eye to eye, and I'm fine with that. I hope you are. Life's too short.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you in the future.

Jer

I thought you could only buy 6 wheels..or am I wrong?

6 wheels is the maximum for each $500 deposit.

Contrary to popular belief (some folks aren't reading the whole page), this is just a "good faith" deposit, and a single $500 covers up to 6 wheels (with or without center caps).

If you'd like to order 12 wheels, you would purchase 2 deposits ($1000).

We're not trying to hold any more of the customers' money than neccessary.

Jer

Jer

How many wheels of each size are you going to take orders of? How long of a time frame will the pre-orders for the wheels last? Is the run for a specific amount of wheels regardless of demand? If the total order with Alcoa is limited to a certain amount, than I would assume once the pre-orders reach this amount to be manufactured than this will close the pre-orders regardless of time frame in accepting the orders. Am I correct in this assumption?

If the total order with Alcoa is limited to a certain amount, than I would assume once the pre-orders reach this amount to be manufactured than this will close the pre-orders regardless of time frame in accepting the orders. Am I correct in this assumption?

Yes.

We're not talking about totals because there are still dealers demanding them, and we want to be fair and equitable to our partners with respect to the apportioning of stock and maximum allowances to the wholesale channel. I WILL say that the wheels are selling far faster than anticipated, so a customer who is interested (and I've seen enough people seemingly "chomping at the bit" to get them) should now seriously consider the pre-order program ($500 holds up to six wheels).

Jer

Are you seriously complaining about a wheel you are going to be able to sell for twice as much in less than a year? come on.

I don't own a KR for the value. I wouldn't buy these wheels for the value. Some of you guys talking about value and instant-collectability remind me of Beanie Baby buyers. But the justification by Shelby for not providing a simple request such as a true-re-issue of a previous product without change is precisely for this. You are sucked into our fast-food world of instant collectables and "investment potential", and thus is the justification that's driving your purchase.

I drive my KR, and if I felt I could purchase the most appropriate wheel for it, I would buy them. I guess I'll watch for a set of blanks and cut the Alcoa GT500KR into them myself.

Yes.

We're not talking about totals because there are still dealers demanding them, and we want to be fair and equitable to our partners with respect to the apportioning of stock and maximum allowances to the wholesale channel. I WILL say that the wheels are selling far faster than anticipated, so a customer who is interested (and I've seen enough people seemingly "chomping at the bit" to get them) should now seriously consider the pre-order program ($500 holds up to six wheels).

Jer

Thank you for the fast response. I'm going to give it 24 hours to do some research on sizing for the front and rear.

I do remember in some posts of a few guys using the rear 10 x 20 on the front with 275 tires. Let me see if I can find them and decide on what I want to do. If the sell out that fast.....than it wasn't meant to be. I also have a set of ADV.1 mono-block wheels ordered and would think my wife would want to kill me if I bought a second set of wheels for this car in 30 days.

How long will the $500 "hold" the order?

When the wheels are ready to ship, we contact you to complete the sale.

We anticipate completion of all orders by end of year.

Jer

I do remember in some posts of a few guys using the rear 10 x 20 on the front with 275 tires. Let me see if I can find them and decide on what I want to do.

Look for Robert M. He did it on his Super Snake.

Phill

Jer,

I need some clarification. On the website the price per wheel shows "Our price; $500" but then down below in the description area it shows a different price/s of $564.99 (Fr.) and $584.99 (Rr.).

Which is it?

ALSO: Can I buy the center caps separately? I have a new set of "old style" SS 20's sitting on my shelf and like the new CS cap WAYYYY better than the old "cobra snake" caps.

I'm trying to convince myself that I really don't need a (another) set of the "Fifty's" but so far my common sense is losing the battle. I mean...It can never hurt to have too many, right???

Either that or trade my plain-Jane SS's for a set of the Fifty's (since I see someone who wants a set of plain-Jane SS wheels).

Decisions decisions decisions!

Phill (w/more money than brains!)

If you were closer, I would consider a trade.

I just hope that everyone out here in the Shelby forum world knows that this wasn't an easy task to accomplish, Jer is to be commended on his efforts to support a community that thinks that this is the "Wheel" to have on your Shelby Mustang, Your efforts are lauded. Being a business owner am humbled that customer service is still alive and well in this country of ours. Jer Carroll is smiling down on you sir.

I just hope that everyone out here in the Shelby forum world knows that this wasn't an easy task to accomplish, Jer is to be commended on his efforts to support a community that thinks that this is the "Wheel" to have on your Shelby Mustang, Your efforts are lauded. Being a business owner am humbled that customer service is still alive and well in this country of ours. Jer Carroll is smiling down on you sir.

Thanks so much.

I'm pretty sure Carroll would be a bit irked with me today - I drove the speed limit ALL THE WAY to work. :cry:

Jer

With all of the multiple orders I'm seeing, I wonder how many of those will show up on e-bay after this run is sold out (i.e. how many are being bought on speculation)?

Just sayin'....

Phill

I'm thinking quite a few. I'm thinking of buying a set and just tucking them away in case I ever decide to change wheels once again. If year or 2 go by and I still have them I might sell as I'm sure I'll make money on it

x100

Archived