TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super snake wheels would be made if Shelby performance ordered more? Every body wants super snake wheels, let us buy them from Alcoa ourselves.

SS730HP

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, if you haven't ordered yet, and need to call it in for some reason, you may not get through, but keep trying.

I appreciate your patience!

Jer

Hey Jer they say we should put 255/35 and 275/35 tires on these wheels. Could we go wider tires without any rubbing or any other issues? Like 275/35 and 295/35?

Thats depends. If your car is lowered and the brand of tire you use. Some brands are wider/thinner than advertised. If you do a search, there is a lot of posts about it.

Thats depends. If your car is lowered and the brand of tire you use. Some brands are wider/thinner than advertised. If you do a search, there is a lot of posts about it.

What HE said.

255 fronts and 275 rears work on lowered cars, they are the recommended sizes - for anything else, "your mileage may vary".

Jer

I plan on lowering the car with either FRPP springs or EIbach pro springs. First drops 1.25 the other is around .5-1 inch. And I want to go with Michelin super sport tires. I know the michelins run a little thinner then advertised. Apparently on a stock svtpp car you need 275/40 and 295/35 for it to fit properly

JER,

Dumb question, but do tthe 20x10s clear the Shelby big brake set ups?

Yes, they are what was used on the Super Snakes.

Not a "dumb question", either.

:)

Jer

This will be the best or worst pr campaign in recent memory.

Your verdict?

Jer

Ordered my set of 4 20x10's today great job, 1set of originals on my SS, 2nd set of black, just ordered 3rd set.

I'm the same way. Damn garage looks like Discount Tire's warehouse... LOL

Thanks!

Jer

I plan on lowering the car with either FRPP springs or EIbach pro springs. First drops 1.25 the other is around .5-1 inch. And I want to go with Michelin super sport tires. I know the michelins run a little thinner then advertised. Apparently on a stock svtpp car you need 275/40 and 295/35 for it to fit properly

Difference between the stock SVTPP and the Alcoa is Alcoa wheels sits flush with the fenders. To keep them from rubbing, you need a "stretched tire". If you really want a 275 on the front, get a 20x10 rim. It will clear. For the back.... depends on how much you're willing to push it. I know a 285/35-20 will fit. One of the other sites that use to sale Alcoa wheels, had a package with 295/30 on the back.

If you do run a 295/35 on the back, make sure that rearend is centered with a panhard bar.

I am having a hard time deciding between these and a new set of KR rims. The KR rims I have now have a few blemishes and I would like to have a pristine set for future use. My fear is that I buy these rims and a year from now the KR rims are no longer available. Do to the limited number of KR’s I highly doubt there will ever be another run of them. So as I only have the cash for one set what should I do?

If you do run a 295/35 on the back, make sure that rearend is centered with a panhard bar.

Yup, very important!

Ditto to those with a Watt's link, rearend alignment can still be off if the installer didn't square it up when they did it.

Measure at the fenders to be sure it's even. If not, a good dip or bump in the road will cause fender scrape on one side.

Jer

I am having a hard time deciding between these and a new set of KR rims. The KR rims I have now have a few blemishes and I would like to have a pristine set for future use. My fear is that I buy these rims and a year from now the KR rims are no longer available. Do to the limited number of KR’s I highly doubt there will ever be another run of them. So as I only have the cash for one set what should I do?

KR. Jer already said this is the last run for good.

Difference between the stock SVTPP and the Alcoa is Alcoa wheels sits flush with the fenders. To keep them from rubbing, you need a "stretched tire". If you really want a 275 on the front, get a 20x10 rim. It will clear. For the back.... depends on how much you're willing to push it. I know a 285/35-20 will fit. One of the other sites that use to sale Alcoa wheels, had a package with 295/30 on the back.

I plan on getting the shelby watts link. I don't want 20x10 all around that would mess with the handling. I was wondering though what about just 265/40 and 285/35 tire? Like the regular SVTPP tire size.

Though I don't understand still why with the stock SVTPP tires you can put 275 and 295 but with the alcoa you can not.

Do to the limited number of KR’s I highly doubt there will ever be another run of them.

That is correct.

Once our current stock is depleted, that wheel will NOT be produced again.

Jer

Jer is there any way to just purchase the wheels with just Shelby Forged engraved on them? I have a 40th anniversary car and don't really want to put rims that have 50 years on it.

Unfortunately, no.

This wheel is being produced in one run, no options other than size or with/without center caps is available.

BTW, the only person who would poke fun at you for the 50th/40th mismatch is someone jealous that you got a set!

Thanks,

Jer

Ordered a Set for the 13 Shelby :yahoo:

Thanks Jer , really appreciate your hard work at getting these wheels produced again

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin!

I am overwhelmed by the response - we brought every employee in at 6am, and they've been stuck on the phones assisting customers for hours. WHEW!

I appreciate everyone's support!

Jer

Thanks, Kevin!

I am overwhelmed by the response - we brought every employee in at 6am, and they've been stuck on the phones assisting customers for hours. WHEW!

I appreciate everyone's support!

Jer

Why are you overwhelmed Jer? We told you what would happen if you brought these back :).

Would a 265/35 front with 20x9 and a 285/35 rear with 20x10 work?

This is what was originally recommended in the Shelby Performance Parts catalog a few years back.

This is what I am wondering as well. Tirerack told me their database says go 255/35 front and 285/35 rear but I am not going smaller than stock.

Archived