TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The conversion has begun.....

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Amigo,

As usual you keep us all entertained and informed.

NICE! THANK YOU!

Do you have details about what they exactly do to your suspension (frt & rear)?

You seem to have FRPP sway bars + SVTPP OEM struts & shocks + Billet LCA, already, before bringing the car to SA.

Do they change all that during the conversion?

So my car will be a SuperSnake in several months....

I decided for the followibg packages:

- KB polished 800HP

- Cooling System Package

- Rear Brake Upgrade

- Black Alcoa Wheels

- Interior Upgrade (Free- July Promotion)

Richard Valdez will be the person in charge to have me informed throughout the build process. He send the first pictures yesterday.....Nice guy and very helpful!!

I was given the number 0106 sequentially but I changed to 0214 (February 14). This was the day that I met my lovely wife.....so the name of the car will be Valentine!!

post-33685-0-13845200-1344628924_thumb.jpg

Your 2012 Super Snake, White with Glass Roof should be pretty rare. Very nice!

Hey Amigo,

As usual you keep us all entertained and informed.

NICE! THANK YOU!

Do you have details about what they exactly do to your suspension (frt & rear)?

You seem to have FRPP sway bars + SVTPP OEM struts & shocks + Billet LCA, already, before bringing the car to SA.

Do they change all that during the conversion?

Mi amigo Patrick......Yes, my car had installed:

1 of : Shelby Panhard Bar Body Brace

Besides the SVT package from factory. I had replaced the spring for the Lower Springs kit from Ford Racing. Everything remained in the car because the SS conversion didnt included all these parts.

Best Regards,

Jorge

What rear end differential types are on the GT500s?

I mean, if you are looking for options to add, I went with the Torsen T2. So far, it is pretty amazing.

Yeah, nice call on the serial number.

What rear end differential types are on the GT500s?

I mean, if you are looking for options to add, I went with the Torsen T2. So far, it is pretty amazing.

Yeah, nice call on the serial number.

I dont know mi amigo...a little ignorant in all that stuff.....maybe Phil or someone else can answer this question....I was not given any option for the differential

As far as I know, no 07-12 GT500 has a Torsen from the factory.

Amigo has a 2012.

Optional on the 2012 & 2013 BOSS 302 (In the same pkg as the Recaro seats).

Standard on the 2012 & 2013 Laguna Seca

Optional on the 2013 GT500 (first time on the GT500).

I wasnt told that it could be an option....so I guess that it will too late to get installed. It's frustating that I was not given all the available options!! :rockon:

Can you have them take more pictures of the dash? I want to get a better look at that carbon fiber trim. Also since when do they add the push button start to supersnakes? Did you pay extra for that?

Hey mi amigo.....

Give me your email address and I would be able to send you more pics of the dash. I sent the car that way. They didnt do it. About the push button start: I guess that I was the first one who installed that a year ago when SHR started selling that product. It's not easy to have installed. So I went to their shop (it's located in Central Florida) and the SHR owner (Marcello) installed. Now I am traying to get the SS plate to get replaced the "plain plate" that I have. ....

They're moving right along with the build. Seems like its going to be ready quite a bit before your scheduled pickup.

Yes, they stated that it could be ready for the end of September but they will keep the car until the end of October. I didnt want to go there only for the MD. I wanted to have two reasons to go: SEMA and MD ......so I will have to wait... :sing_rain:

Mi amigo Patrick......Yes, my car had installed:

1 of : Shelby Panhard Bar Body Brace

Besides the SVT package from factory. I had replaced the spring for the Lower Springs kit from Ford Racing. Everything remained in the car because the SS conversion didnt included all these parts.

Best Regards,

Jorge

Amigo,

If I understand it right:

Basically a production 750 or 800 HP Super Snake comes with the OEM rear UCA & rear LCA?

Why is everybody changing them?

Amigo,

If I understand it right:

Basically a production 750 or 800 HP Super Snake comes with the OEM rear UCA & rear LCA?

Why is everybody changing them?

Mi amigo Patrick......First question: yes Second question: I dont know. I installed all those parts by a suggestion from my local shop.......

Archived