TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The conversion has begun.....

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pics amigo! All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!

Thanks mi amigo.....I took the Museum delivery and is set for Nov 1. I will be traveling to Vegas on Oct 31 (Wednesday) to attend the SEMA show and.......picking th SS up!!

You'll like the museum delivery. It was my first expereince to see other people's reaction to my car.

There are folks (tourists) coming and going through the main door, and your car will be right there. There will be open mouths and stares and you get a taste of the start of how things will be later.... ie the crowd pleasing aspect of owning a Shelby.

I won't tell you about the rest, unless asked.

You'll like the museum delivery. It was my first expereince to see other people's reaction to my car.

There are folks (tourists) coming and going through the main door, and your car will be right there. There will be open mouths and stares and you get a taste of the start of how things will be later.... ie the crowd pleasing aspect of owning a Shelby.

I won't tell you about the rest, unless asked.

Tell me the rest mi amigo..... :drop:

Tell me the rest mi amigo..... :drop:

You get to take a private tour of the production area. The tours do as well but it isn't the same thing.

You'll get to see the lift station it was on and meet the person who did the majority of the build.

I chose to have them sign the car.

Richard, the production manager, did my museum delivery.

Don't worry, I am telling it straight, Richard isn't anything like his robotic audio intro on his voicemail.

Have you heard that yet? It's so funny.

I met my salesman Jeremy, good guy, knows a whole lot of technical things.

Roger too and I could list so many more, I bet I met and talked to at least 15 employees.

Ask them to see the speed shop, Frankie is a hoot.

And you never know, you might be using him for mods later down the line.

I probably will.

Now, I'm not a full fledged gear head yet, but the SAI employees are.

I have to say, everywhere I went on the property, everyone would take the time to talk to me and answer any questions, and they were downright cheery.

I suppose they are so happy because who wouldn't be if your hobby and professional life are one and the same.

At least when I was present, it felt real nice and homey, the way all businesses should be with regard to customers. The place didn't feel like some faceless giant corporation.

I am sure they have a few old grouches here and there, but I didn't meet any.

You'll like the museum delivery jacket, at least I do.

Now, people do gawk, that's for sure. I had heard the stories here from other forum members, but I was really unprepared for how good, and bad that can be.

It started right there during delivery, people staring, asking me if that was my car.

After delivery, I drove to Pahrump, and filled the tank at a Shell station.

I went inside to for sustenance and when I came out, there was a crowd of six or seven people standing around the car admiring it.

Once I showed up, the questions began.

OK, so it can be a bit of a bother, but I had the time and answered the questions, popped the hood, et al.

I guess I will have to get used to it.

You're going to need to carry around a bottle of glass cleaner.

In the 2 days I was testing and driving the car before turning it back in for shipping, everywhere I went, like a store, or coming out of a condo I stayed overnight in....

there they were, crecsent moon shaped hand prints on the glass where people were cupping their hands, shading their eyes from the sun, peering into the car for a better look.

You get to take a private tour of the production area. The tours do as well but it isn't the same thing.

You'll get to see the lift station it was on and meet the person who did the majority of the build.

I chose to have them sign the car.

Ask them to see the speed shop, Frankie is a hoot.

And you never know, you might be using him for mods later down the line.

I probably will.

Now, I'm not a full fledged gear head yet, but the SAI employees are.

I have to say, everywhere I went on the property, everyone would take the time to talk to me and answer any questions, and they were downright cheery.

I suppose they are so happy because who wouldn't be if your hobby and professional life are one and the same.

At least when I was present, it felt real nice and homey, the way all businesses should be with regard to customers. The place didn't feel like some faceless giant corporation.

I am sure they have a few old grouches here and there, but I didn't meet any.

You'll like the museum delivery jacket, at least I do.

Now, people do gawk, that's for sure. I had heard the stories here from other forum members, but I was really unprepared for how good, and bad that can be.

It started right there during delivery, people staring, asking me if that was my car.

After delivery, I drove to Pahrump, and filled the tank at a Shell station.

I went inside to for sustenance and when I came out, there was a crowd of six or seven people standing around the car admiring it.

Once I showed up, the questions began.

OK, so it can be a bit of a bother, but I had the time and answered the questions, popped the hood, et al.

I guess I will have to get used to it.

You're going to need to carry around a bottle of glass cleaner.

In the 2 days I was testing and driving the car before turning it back in for shipping, everywhere I went, like a store, or coming out of a condo I stayed overnight in....

there they were, crecsent moon shaped hand prints on the glass where people were cupping their hands, shading their eyes from the sun, peering into the car for a better look.

That's great everything what you said...I like and I am sure that I will enjoy it!! I really appreciate. Thanks so much!!

Oh, and you get a CD with about 40 high resolution photos of your car, starting with shots of your car earlier that day in front of their headquarters and then of you taking delivery, in your case, of a Super Snake.

God help me, a SS would look right smart in my garage next to Svetanla.

My wife would kill me, but I'd sure as heck finally get the Tremec I always dreamed of.

I'm very opinionated and Members here and employees at SAI already know of my great disdain and utter contempt of the 6 Speed Getrag transmissions.

You're gonna have a freakin' monster.

Oh, and you get a CD with about 40 high resolution photos of your car, starting with shots of your car earlier that day in front of their headquarters and then of you taking delivery, in your case, of a Super Snake.

God help me, a SS would look right smart in my garage next to Svetanla.

My wife would kill me, but I'd sure as heck finally get the Tremec I always dreamed of.

Members and employees at SAI already know of my great disdain and utter contempt of the 6 Speed Getrag transmissions.

You're gonna have a freakin' monster.

You made me laugh :hysterical2:

Archived