TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby K Member and Support Plates & Watts Link on 2013 GT500.

Madlock

I'm seriously considering installing the Shelby Watts Link I originally purchased for my 2012 on my 2013. I'm also considering buying and installing the Shelby K Member to both reduce nose weight and lower the engine and CoG.

My only concern (for each) is the potential impact upon NVH. I know I must expect some, but I want to be fully aware of what to expect before deciding to commit. How much would each of these items introduce? How noticeable? Is there a definite trade-off to be made?

Lastly, despite the billet Watts Link being lighter than its tubular counterpart, Would there be any difference in NVH properties between them? I one any more effective or less subject to deflection and distortion than the other?

I'm holding-off on installing them for a few weeks until I become more familiar with how the car runs and rides in factory trim, but I'd appreciate as much useful information as possible as I plan a course ahead for further suspension and overall vehicle improvements including billet LCA's, adjustable UCA, Caster/Camber Plates and perhaps Adjustable A Arms.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

You can't get the K member shelby offers for our 13s. It doesn't work with the electric steering or EPAS systems. You have to get it straight from BMR there is a special one you need. And as far as the billet one I doubt anyone has paid the extra money for it to give you a truthful answer. Is 2 pounds worth 600 dollars more to you?

You can't get the K member shelby offers for our 13s. It doesn't work with the electric steering or EPAS systems. You have to get it straight from BMR there is a special one you need. And as far as the billet one I doubt anyone has paid the extra money for it to give you a truthful answer. Is 2 pounds worth 600 dollars more to you?

Seriously, you need to lay off the crack pipe.

How does the EPAS from the 2013 differ from the 2011/2012, and what of the "electric steering" is NOT the EPAS unit?

2 lbs may not be the ONLY difference between the conventional and billet Watts links - as structural rigidity and clearance are other aspects that are different between them - which may or may NOT be relevant depending upon any other suspension modifications people my wish to make. But even that's not the question I asked - which centered on their relative NVH property differences.

Archived