TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just got my 2013 GT500

http://www.lmmc-ct.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64880

Traded in my 2010 GB GT500 for this baby. I only put 83 miles on it and first impression is that it is much smoother than my 2010 and it has better throttle responce too. I have not gotten used to the clutch yet. I like the 2010 clutch feel better and I like the position of the head rest better in the 2010, but all else is a definite improvement. I have no regrets taking out the loan for the 2013 (when my 2010 was arleady paid-off). This car is the bomb!

This site wouldnt let me post my pic, so I attached a link to another site that has my pic.

Didnt grow tired of the GB. I had the 2013 order as a GB with black stripes, but changed my mind last minute. I figured that if I was going to take a $26K loan out, I wanted to feel like I was driving a different car while looking down the hood. Love the GB and was very torn, but I really like the Candy with white.

Congrats!! Great color choice .... loving that red.

Good to hear coming from the '10 that you could notice and appreciate the improvements. A lot of previous generation owners are commenting on the clutch engagement. "Getting used to it". "Different". Which at this point is the only non-positive comment.

http://www.lmmc-ct.c...ead.php?t=64880

Traded in my 2010 GB GT500 for this baby. I only put 83 miles on it and first impression is that it is much smoother than my 2010 and it has better throttle responce too. I have not gotten used to the clutch yet. I like the 2010 clutch feel better and I like the position of the head rest better in the 2010, but all else is a definite improvement. I have no regrets taking out the loan for the 2013 (when my 2010 was arleady paid-off). This car is the bomb!

This site wouldnt let me post my pic, so I attached a link to another site that has my pic.

Congrats...do you have the recaro seats?

Yes I got the Recaro seats which are comfortable, but I do like to be able to lean my head back into the headrest without going past 90-degress and with the Recaros there is about 3-4" space without leaning yor head back. Maybe to accomidate a helmet?

Didnt grow tired of the GB. I had the 2013 order as a GB with black stripes, but changed my mind last minute. I figured that if I was going to take a $26K loan out, I wanted to feel like I was driving a different car while looking down the hood. Love the GB and was very torn, but I really like the Candy with white.

I can certainly understand that reasoning...hehe. I think I might go with DIB, if a had the money. You're right though...in a way while in the drivers seat - you would feel like your are still in your previous car.

Yes I got the Recaro seats which are comfortable, but I do like to be able to lean my head back into the headrest without going past 90-degress and with the Recaros there is about 3-4" space without leaning yor head back. Maybe to accomidate a helmet?

Thanks ...I think I will like that space just for that reason...

Thanks guys. I still cant believe I bit the bullet and bought it. Never thought that I'd pay $64K for a stang. I think I could have gotten 2 GT's for the same price. Car is very nice though. I hope it doesnt depreciate as quickly as my 2010 did. I took about a $10K bath on that, not counting the $8K in mods. Hay you only go around once.

Love it! I've got one just like it except with the glass roof coming soon. The production date was 8/2 so hope to have it this month. Post more pics! What do you think of the wheels being so dark with the white stripes? That is one thing I can't make up my mind about - whether some non-all black rims would look better with the white stripes? I love the white stripes on the car (and the white stripes and cobra on the seats!) and their contrast with the red!

How is the clutch different in feel?

Where it engages, smoothness, ??

I had a 2010 with factory clutch. I liked the feel of that clutch.

Sold the Shelby. Needed a change. Bought a 2008 Z06. Bad move. I have owned it for 1 week now. Going to my local

SVT dealer on Tuesday to discuss a 2013.

I can't stand or get use to the clutch in the Z06. The car runs like a 78 camaro. Very bad.

I miss my Shelby.

Ted.

How is the clutch different in feel?

Where it engages, smoothness, ??

I had a 2010 with factory clutch. I liked the feel of that clutch.

Sold the Shelby. Needed a change. Bought a 2008 Z06. Bad move. I have owned it for 1 week now. Going to my local

SVT dealer on Tuesday to discuss a 2013.

I can't stand or get use to the clutch in the Z06. The car runs like a 78 camaro. Very bad.

I miss my Shelby.

Ted.

Might be interested in that '08 Z06, where are you located? PM with details.

Archived