TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Better than recaros?

svt13

As far as I know he has a car - the pics of the CF stuff look good. But it is his car and I will defer to him if he would like me to post pics of his car. More than happy to do so if he is OK with it.

Its ok. You can post the pics just to shut everyone up so they can get overr it and move on.

These threads that morph into who has what seem to bring on the stupidity and this one is no different.

A GT500 is now an exotic? Please. Get Real! Not even in the realm of an exotic. These are simply mass produced muscle cars that have gotten progressively more powerfull as a result of the competition.

Is a Challenger SRT8 or a ZL1 an exotic? Obviously not and neither is a GT500. These cars begin life as pedestrian vehicles that populate rental car fleets. Considering any of these cars as exotics is flatly laughable and evidence that the Kool Aide still flows freely among many in the Ford enthusiast community. Cute but really dumb.

I've owned a GT500 and am considering a '13 but have no delusions about purchasing anything exotic or rare. I'll leave those notions to the guys who buy these cars and put 300 miles on them in 2 years.

Yea who said anything about the shelby being an exotic?

As far as I know he has a car - the pics of the CF stuff look good. But it is his car and I will defer to him if he would like me to post pics of his car. More than happy to do so if he is OK with it.

I'd love to see them. If svt13 owns the car he says he does I'll gladly apologize. I wouldn't even care if I hadn't seen him promise to post pics of them weeks ago which never happened. I'm a pretty rational person. When someone does something opposite to what they say they will, there is usually a reason. In this case, I can't think of a logical reason for him to go back on his word unless these supposed pics are not of his car.

I'd love to see them. If svt13 owns the car he says he does I'll gladly apologize. I wouldn't even care if I hadn't seen him promise to post pics of them weeks ago which never happened. I'm a pretty rational person. When someone does something opposite to what they say they will, there is usually a reason. In this case, I can't think of a logical reason for him to go back on his word unless these supposed pics are not of his car.

Too be honest you are thinking way too much into this. The reason it took me so long is because I was just too lazy.

:lurk:

So far this is a great thread. I too definitely want to see pics of this car.

Attempting to get back on the original topic, even the suggestion of solid carbon fiber seats that belong in lambos and bentleys and who knows what other exotic cars, is sort of suggesting that they could belong in a GT500. Trying to make the GT500's an exotic car. Plus saying that the Lotus Evora has seats like that too, again another exotic. These cars should have comfortable seats that you can actually sit in and enjoy and be comfortable. Not solid fart echoers. I love the seats in the 2010's and was thinking about maybe doing a Recaro swap, but that was until I sat in the Recaros. They are definitely not made for husky people. I'll take the lazy boys anyday.

Too be honest you are thinking way too much into this. The reason it took me so long is because I was just too lazy.

6 days since the last post from you when the pics where supposedly about to appear. This must be a case of extreme laziness. I sure hope your not lazy when your driving your whatever it is you drive. I would love to see pics as well just so we can see another hopefully nice Shelby.

6 days since the last post from you when the pics where supposedly about to appear. This must be a case of extreme laziness. I sure hope your not lazy when your driving your whatever it is you drive. I would love to see pics as well just so we can see another hopefully nice Shelby.

...the car must not exist....

Ok They are in the photo gallery. Those are the ones I sent to bergenfelter now all of you get off my ass. Though uploading was a lot simplier than I thought. I thought it would be like on SVT or the other shelby site where you have to create a flicker account and crap like that

Pics are up in photo gallery. Also the lotus evora is not what I would call an exotic. Its under 80k. At that point you might as well call a zo6 and exotic. But I agree with you the standard seats feel like lazy boys which I loved. I just hate the look of them they are so plain to be in a car like this. Thats why I went with the recaros and they are tolerable

Pics are up in photo gallery. Also the lotus evora is not what I would call an exotic. Its under 80k. At that point you might as well call a zo6 and exotic. But I agree with you the standard seats feel like lazy boys which I loved. I just hate the look of them they are so plain to be in a car like this. Thats why I went with the recaros and they are tolerable

Wish you had some pics of the whole car to you could actually see how the carbon fiber looked on a black on black car. The closeups don't look so bad although the mirrors look tacky. Either way, those pics are original and sufficient for me. I apologize for riding your ass on that, I've just had too many people waste my time BSing me in the past.

How do the mirrors look tacky? lol Its going to look like the 40th anniversary super snakes I think were the ones to have carbon fiber mirror covers? Besides I did close up shots to show bergenfelter what it looked like. The only way to see it on the whole car is if I put the car out in sun light and then the carbon fiber really shows. I can do that later though since I figured posting this stuff on this forum is easy.

And apology accepted

How do the mirrors look tacky? lol Its going to look like the 40th anniversary super snakes I think were the ones to have carbon fiber mirror covers? Besides I did close up shots to show bergenfelter what it looked like. The only way to see it on the whole car is if I put the car out in sun light and then the carbon fiber really shows. I can do that later though since I figured posting this stuff on this forum is easy.

And apology accepted

so there is a car...good color combo, but I am not a big fan of the carbon fiber either...maybe sun light pictures would look better

Supersnakes aren't the end-all-be-all in good taste. Outside of the hood and wheels some of the supersnake styling is pretty tacky as well IMO...especially with how they go overboard on badging. That is just my opinion however.

I thought the whole reason behind carbonfiber was replacing parts with lighter alternatives? As soon as you start adding "covers" you might as well get some carbonfiber decals.

I think the mirrors look really good in black.

Supersnakes aren't the end-all-be-all in good taste. Outside of the hood and wheels some of the supersnake styling is pretty tacky as well IMO...especially with how they go overboard on badging. That is just my opinion however.

I thought the whole reason behind carbonfiber was replacing parts with lighter alternatives? As soon as you start adding "covers" you might as well get some carbonfiber decals.

I think the mirrors look really good in black.

I just didn't want plastic crap on this car. I actually don't like the supersnake hood I'm probably in the minority with that. The only colors carbon fiber would look good on with this car is black,red,white,blue. The rest it looks weird. My goal with this car is to keep it looking the same but with very subtle differences that just add to it. Nothing huge and flashy.

Besides how much weight am I really saving by replacing plastic with CF? lol. Maybe if I did the hood which only seibon makes and its crap quality. But I really don't care to spend 1500 dollars to lower my weight up front by 1 percent. The cf is all for looks.

Those CF parts look pretty good to me. Especially on that color combo. Not sure it would work on other color cars. SVT13, I think you have a pretty sweet looking ride.

Thanks. It would look great on kona blue if they kept it. I think the blue from 05-09 was kona? I'm not sure. But what ever blue that was on the older mustangs looked real good with carbon fiber. And of course red. Other than that I wouldn't put it on any other color.

For old farts like me.

From the Urban Dictionary

Meh

1. Indifference; to be used when one simply does not care.

Example:

A: What do you want for dinner?

B: Meh.

2. The verbal equivalent of a shrug of the shoulders.

Who says The Simpson's aren't contributing to societies downfall?

I think the blue from 05-09 was kona? I'm not sure.

Kona Blue was new for '10. Vista Blue was on the '09 but I'm not sure about the '08 or '07 blue.

I personally like the Vista Blue better than the Kona because the Kona is so dark. At night, it's hard to tell if it's Blue or Black. And if it's not pristine CLEAN, it looks crappy.

The newest color of Blue (Deep Impact Blue for '13) is nice too but I've only seen it in the showroom, not out in the sun.

Phill

Kona Blue was new for '10. Vista Blue was on the '09 but I'm not sure about the '08 or '07 blue.

I personally like the Vista Blue better than the Kona because the Kona is so dark. At night, it's hard to tell if it's Blue or Black. And if it's not pristine CLEAN, it looks crappy.

The newest color of Blue (Deep Impact Blue for '13) is nice too but I've only seen it in the showroom, not out in the sun.

Phill

Ok then vista blue is the one I am talking about. I like vista blue. DIB is too dark and so is kona. DIB only looks good in super bright sun light

For old farts like me.

From the Urban Dictionary

Meh

1. Indifference; to be used when one simply does not care.

Example:

A: What do you want for dinner?

B: Meh.

2. The verbal equivalent of a shrug of the shoulders.

Who says The Simpson's aren't contributing to societies downfall?

corrected

Ok then vista blue is the one I am talking about. I like vista blue. DIB is too dark and so is kona. DIB only looks good in super bright sun light

THAT'S IT!!! Gloves are OFF. LET'S GET IT ON!!! I love blue the darker the better!

I almost bought black/red, but my Caliber SRT-4 was blue, and I wanted to continue the tradition!

I like the color!

THAT'S IT!!! Gloves are OFF. LET'S GET IT ON!!! I love blue the darker the better!

I almost bought black/red, but my Caliber SRT-4 was blue, and I wanted to continue the tradition!

I like the color!

Alright lets fight lol. I like DIB in the light. I almost got DIB with black stripes instead of black. But given how I never got to see it in person and still to this day I haven't I played it safe with black. But then I was going to change my order to red stripes but the red on the seats and the red cobra are sooooo ugly. The only color that looked good on those seats was grabber blue (which I wish they had because I would have gotten that or silver/white).

I may rip off the black stripes and put red ones on though when I decide to spend 2000 dollars from ford to get them

Archived