TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 as a daily driver

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going use your 2013 GT500 as a daily driver

• Yes
    • No
    • only for 2-3 seasons per year

Maybe your paying so high because of your state or maybe cuz USAA isn't good? Geico wanted to charge me 1800 per 6 months even though I have a history with them. So I dropped them. I literally called 20 insurance companies till I found nationwide and they gave me the best rate. But again, I had pretty much every discount applied to get that rate.

i can say when i moved to okc from so cal i thought my ins. would drop, but i almost trippled. i guess grapefruit size hail makes for high ins. prices. the weather does play a huge factor. as far as usaa not being "good" ive though about dropping them several times. every time i do i call the ins. co. they ask who i have, i tell them usaa, the respond sorry we cant beat them. no quote, nothing. so i guess i have nothing to base that on either

i can say when i moved to okc from so cal i thought my ins. would drop, but i almost trippled. i guess grapefruit size hail makes for high ins. prices. the weather does play a huge factor. as far as usaa not being "good" ive though about dropping them several times. every time i do i call the ins. co. they ask who i have, i tell them usaa, the respond sorry we cant beat them. no quote, nothing. so i guess i have nothing to base that on either

try nationwide.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first saw this poll, I told myself "not a chance." Now it's like a drug... I want to drive it more, even if that means just the short trip to and from work.

My truck and motorcycle are sitting there gathering cobwebs while I look for reasons to drive my Shelby.

svt13 So now you are going to tell your Ins. company so they can adjust your premium correct.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote svt13

Alright so remote start has been pulled car is back to stock. Clutch is no longer bypassed. Problem solved. Got a full refund fo remote start. Using that money now for CF jlt tube with blue airaid filter and coastal electronics plug and play review camera.

svt13 So now you are going to tell your Ins. company so they can adjust your premium correct.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote svt13

Alright so remote start has been pulled car is back to stock. Clutch is no longer bypassed. Problem solved. Got a full refund fo remote start. Using that money now for CF jlt tube with blue airaid filter and coastal electronics plug and play review camera.

?

I think that BS Racing was referring to this quote:

I don't know. I am pulling out the entire viper alarm and remote start today and returning it. I will see if that makes a difference though I am pretty sure it was still working afterwards and right now my system has its fuses out anyways do it doesn't work. I doubt it's the curb alert from americanmuscle I had installed since there is no splicing with that. But I will keep u all updated

Probably this quote:

lol I don't know what to tell you, I was beyond shocked. My rate was originally around 1400 but apparently both my parent's houses are on nationwide and you get a discount for good grades or w/e so that dropt me to my current price. The houses did so more than the good grades discount. But I also get discounts for having a viper security system in my car and guidepoint GPS. So essentially its close to impossible to steal my car or anything happening to it without my knowledge.

Archived