TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT350 Introduced

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logos on the 2013 are a throwback to 1967 - the third year of GT350 production. The last two years of GT350 production (2011-2012) harken back to the first two years of GT350 production (1965-1966). Hope that makes sense.

The first cold air kit from Shelby will be for the 5.0L N/A. An S/C version will follow.

Thanks. Can't wait for the CAI for the S/C!!

And the explanation on the look makes sense. I appreciate the decisions to stay true to the history. That's what makes these cars unique.

I wonder who was the inspiration for the wheel choice?

Screen-shot-2012-03-18-at-6.25.25-PM.png

I prefer these wheels over the 11/12 as these are very similar to BBS and BBS wheels look great on any car! Mustang has been using the 5 spoke rim way too long and is the only complaint I have on the Roush Mustangs.

I'd still like to know why the switch from Baer to Wilwood's on the brakes as its not even a close comparsion?

I am only going to order a Convertible but NO idea on what color setup?

75905-3.png

75905-5.jpg

75905-1.jpg

The 2013 Shelby GT350 features new stripe graphics.

I like it. I like it a lot.

I like the Grabber Blue w/Black a LOT. I liked the GB/b Super Snake too so it must be the color my mind likes.

I REALY like the GT350 logo on the seats.

I like the new outboard oval exhaust tips.

I absolutely hated the Gen.1 rear end. It screamed out "AMC Javelin".

I loved the agressive front "scoop" so I'm glad it is still somewhat there.

The wheels....I liked the Gen. 1 better.

I'm wondering if Shelby is going to offer the Auto Trans with a supercharger now. Roush just came out with a 540HP calibration so it's being done.

http://www.roushperformance.com/blog/2011/09/mustang-supercharger-for-2011-2012-automatics-now-available-from-roush/

Good job, Shelby American.

Phill

I hate you SAI!!! I just bought a new Raptor last Friday, 22JUN12. Coulda had a 2013 Gotta Have it Green convertible GT350 instead! I have to go drink now.... :drop:

LOL. Oh well, "in retrospect" and all that good stuff.

Welcome to the Raptor club. I just bought a 2012 Race Red Super Crew last month. LOVE it. And oddly enough, It gets WAYYYY more attention, stares, pointing and gawking than the GT500 does...and my GT500 is far from stock looking (lowered, Alcoa's, etc.). My Raptor is dead stock.

Phill

LOL. Oh well, "in retrospect" and all that good stuff.

Welcome to the Raptor club. I just bought a 2012 Race Red Super Crew last month. LOVE it. And oddly enough, It gets WAYYYY more attention, stares, pointing and gawking than the GT500 does...and my GT500 is far from stock looking (lowered, Alcoa's, etc.). My Raptor is dead stock.

Phill

Yeah, it's still good. Know what ya mean about getting looks. The Raptor's my wife's but I get to drive it most of the time. 2012 Race Red SCew here also, same color as my GT500.

Brad

PS Stay safe up there in the Springs!!!

Seriously...how many times to you have to have "GT350"? Keep it simple, like the original.

The 2013 GT350 has FEWER logos than the 1967 and 1968 models.

I hate you SAI!!! I just bought a new Raptor last Friday, 22JUN12. Coulda had a 2013 Gotta Have it Green convertible GT350 instead! I have to go drink now.... :drop:

I'm thinking about a GHIG GT350 convertible myself. PS/ Send Roger Sorel your bar tab :)

PS Stay safe up there in the Springs!!!

Thanks. It got NASTY for a bit. Real nasty. I was very worried that my house was going to be a stat. I back up to "green space", that is all brown so I was worried about hot embers falling near my house and taking me with it. No *real* chance of the flames reaching me due to the "I-25 fire break" but when they started talking about the possibility of the fire jumping 25, I started getting worried again. It's been harrowing and eye opening at the same time.

347 homes burned. 2 bodies found in the remains of one home. "Just under" 10 people missing. 17,000 acres burned in a 25 sq. mi. area. 25% contained as of this a.m. Reports of many many many pets being lost in the burned homes and areas because people weren't let back to their homes returning from work or from the pre-evac status.

Flying W Ranch (a Co. Springs landmark and HUGE tourist attraction) is gone, burned to the ground. They had to leave their cattle behind but someone cut the fence and they all escaped on their own and have been captured. One cow had burns on it's face but otherwise all was good. Mrs. Wolfe was able to save most of her antiques and displays and promises to rebuild Flying W.

The worst is over but there's still a long way to go. It's real sad.

Thanks again for your concerns,

Phill

Thanks. It got NASTY for a bit. Real nasty. I was very worried that my house was going to be a stat. I back up to "green space", that is all brown so I was worried about hot embers falling near my house and taking me with it. No *real* chance of the flames reaching me due to the "I-25 fire break" but when they started talking about the possibility of the fire jumping 25, I started getting worried again. It's been harrowing and eye opening at the same time.

347 homes burned. 2 bodies found in the remains of one home. "Just under" 10 people missing. 17,000 acres burned in a 25 sq. mi. area. 25% contained as of this a.m. Reports of many many many pets being lost in the burned homes and areas because people weren't let back to their homes returning from work or from the pre-evac status.

Flying W Ranch (a Co. Springs landmark and HUGE tourist attraction) is gone, burned to the ground. They had to leave their cattle behind but someone cut the fence and they all escaped on their own and have been captured. One cow had burns on it's face but otherwise all was good. Mrs. Wolfe was able to save most of her antiques and displays and promises to rebuild Flying W.

The worst is over but there's still a long way to go. It's real sad.

Thanks again for your concerns,

Phill

Thanks for the update. How many homes total are in CO Springs?

Grabber blue and black trim :drop: All the storms were supposed to grow my money tree, but instead they just made a tree branch fall feet from my Mustang.

Seriously, this thing avoided death.

I too love the Grabber blue!

I didn't notice the "painted stripes" option. Is this still available?

No on the painted stripes. Sales can chime in with more info.

Robert is correct. There is no painted stripe option for 2013. Time, production and cost have dictated we omit this option for the 13 model run. It could appear as a standard item on special very limited builds in the future.

Roger

Robert is correct. There is no painted stripe option for 2013. Time, production and cost have dictated we omit this option for the 13 model run. It could appear as a standard item on special very limited builds in the future.

Roger

Roger, any hints on what the possibilities are???

Roger

36 special limited builds ? :)

I am still deciding on Color... I am only considering a 2013 GT350 Convertible but undecided on color. My favorite colors are Blue and Green but the Kona Blue as well as the replacement Deep Impact Blue look Purple at too many angles whether the Sun is shining or not. I have a 70 and 73 Conv. both White so I don't want another White Conv.. My Irish and own many things Green but man that Green is bright and I just can't see it looking good on a Convertible. Two weeks ago I saw the Green on a 2013 Boss 302 and on the Boss it looked very well but the Boss and the GT350 are completely two different looking Mustangs. I think the Black on Black GT350 Conv. would look great and is why I suggested that color be available to the SAI guys last year. However, whats amusing to me and anyone who knows me and that is the fact I hate Red and the only thing I own in my entire house that is Red and that'll be a 1:18 diecast Mustang lol so when I say I'm leaning on towards doing a Candy Red GT350 Conv. I'm verbally laughing out loud

Archived