TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Super Snake Shifter Balls

What happened with the order back in June for the KR BALLS?

Robert no longer works on the Parts side of the business. I'll try to investigate.

Jer

UPDATE: We're getting more shifter balls in every day, so be sure to check frequently for the model and color you want. I can't always update in real time for every different combo. But I do intend to do my best to fulfill requests thus far.

Thanks!

Jer

We got all the regular stock shifter balls in today.

Lemme know if the one you want isn't available.

Jer

Hey, Jer! Thanks for hearing us! And acting....LOL!! Just kidding. What about the Grabber Orange/Black stripe for SuperSnake, And the Red/Silver for KR? Thanks!

Hey, Jer! Thanks for hearing us! And acting....LOL!! Just kidding. What about the Grabber Orange/Black stripe for SuperSnake, And the Red/Silver for KR? Thanks!

I'll find out what I can ASAP...

Jer

Just Ordered mine today!!!

Thanks JER!!! :happy feet: :drool:

Thank YOU for your support!

Jer

Jer, you might recall I had some harsh comments about SAI,customer serv., and I ass-umed you were just a scape goat we would blame for continued bad performance by Shelby......... I'm here to say I was Wrong, Wrong. Wrong!! My comments were premature and I made an ass of myself. My humble apologies, I am impressed sir by what you have accomplished! You seem to be everywhere....At last, a man who's true to his word!!

Great Job Jer!!

Jer, you might recall I had some harsh comments about SAI,customer serv., and I ass-umed you were just a scape goat we would blame for continued bad performance by Shelby......... I'm here to say I was Wrong, Wrong. Wrong!! My comments were premature and I made an ass of myself. My humble apologies, I am impressed sir by what you have accomplished! You seem to be everywhere....At last, a man who's true to his word!!

Great Job Jer!!

Wow. You made my day, thank you VERY much.

Bill, Tim, Kameron, Justin, Keith, Wendy, Dolly, Marisa, Josh, Jonathan, Norm, Derek, Ken, Frederick, Yvonne, and I ALL appreciate your support.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Jer......Shift Boot Retainer for 2010+ Product Product Code: S10M-7A210-U doesnt fit the cars with MGW shifter with 12MM x 1.25 thread. The thread is different so the boot retainer can not be installed.

20121023_184126_zps28951c6c.jpg

This is the product:

S10M-7A210-U-2_zps119d8a86.jpg

I'll look into this today. Stay tuned.

Jer

WHOA. Subscribing to this. Amigo is the MGW thread you have the same as the stock one? Because MGW has a thread to allow their shifterball or other aftermarket ones and one that allows the stock adapter and ball. Which do you have? Since these adapters are for stock shifters.

Mi amigo...I answer your questions:

The MGW shifter comes with any of three different threads. You can choose either one.http://www.mgwltd.com/GT500_shifter.shtml

- 12MM x 1.25 fine pitch

- 12mm x 1.75 coarse pitch

- 10mm x 1.25 pitch

When I get mine I ordered with 12mm x 1.25 because I want to use the Composite Race knob from them. My 2012 came with 10mm x 1.25. I think that the Shelby shifter balls comes with this thread and they come with adapters to be installed with other threads BUT, here it comes, the boot retainer only comes in one thread. I think 10mm x 1.25 because is the thread for stock shifts....

Adding something else. MGW has a nice CNC machinesd stainless boot retainer so I will order one from them and only cost $10.00. I paid $21.99 for the Shelby one.

Jorge

Mi amigo...I answer your questions:

The MGW shifter comes with any of three different threads. You can choose either one.http://www.mgwltd.com/GT500_shifter.shtml

- 12MM x 1.25 fine pitch

- 12mm x 1.75 coarse pitch

- 10mm x 1.25 pitch

When I get mine I ordered with 12mm x 1.25 because I want to use the Composite Race knob from them. My 2012 came with 10mm x 1.25. I think that the Shelby shifter balls comes with this thread and they come with adapters to be installed with other threads BUT, here it comes, the boot retainer only comes in one thread. I think 10mm x 1.25 because is the thread for stock shifts....

Adding something else. MGW has a nice CNC machinesd stainless boot retainer so I will order one from them and only cost $10.00. I paid $21.99 for the Shelby one.

Jorge

Yes so since you ordered the 12mm x 1.25 your shelby adapter will not work. You need the MGW with the 10mm x 1.25 for the shelby adapter to work.

Yes so since you ordered the 12mm x 1.25 your shelby adapter will not work. You need the MGW with the 10mm x 1.25 for the shelby adapter to work.

I will order the MGW retainer for 12mm x 1.25 since the shift has this thread. The Shelby shifter balls comes with three adapters to work. One of them works with the shifter of my car.

I would order the MGW retainer for 12mm x 1.25 since the shift is this wat. The Shelby shifter balls comes with three adapters to work. One of them works with the shifter of my car.

Yes but your problem is the adapter/boot retainer not working with the shifter correct? Thats what you posted a picture of was the adapter not fitting on the shifter. The balls work with everything because of the supplied adapters.

Yes but your problem is the adapter/boot retainer not working with the shifter correct? Thats what you posted a picture of was the adapter not fitting on the shifter. The balls work with everything because of the supplied adapters.

yes. It is correct. the Shelby retainer doesnt work with MY shifter (12mm x 1.25). MGW just informed me that their retainer only works with 12mm x 1.75 thread. So now I am :rockon: . The only option would be to get an extra handle from MGW with this thread in order to use MGW retainer and Shelby ball...................but this means that I would have to take the console off to change the shifter.....i dont want to do that!!

yes. It is correct. the Shelby retainer doesnt work with MY shifter (12mm x 1.25). MGW just informed me that their retainer only works with 12mm x 1.75 thread. So now I am :rockon: . The only option would be to get an extra handle from MGW with this thread in order to use MGW retainer and Shelby ball...................but this means that I would have to take the console off to change the shifter.....i dont want to do that!!

Well that is your only solution. You have to get the handle from MGW that is for the stock shifters. Plus you don't want the one from MGW its soooo ugly. The shelby one is much nicer.

Also check the PM I sent you.

...................but this means that I would have to take the console off to change the shifter.....i dont want to do that!!

You don't remove the whole console, just the top plate. Takes about 30 seconds. Pops right off and back on.

See my other post for more details.

Phill

I bought the Shelby shifter very easy to fit looks great

20120705_10.jpg

AND you can play billiards with it when ya get bored!

Jer

Archived