TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbys Across Canada: Dearborn To Halifax, NS.

robertlane

Robert is going to finalise the Canadian regional directors first and then the planning and dates can be discussed, but we can all still add our 2 cents (Canadian $ of course) to the plan :happy feet:

I thought of a few more date ideas

August will be out because of Woodward

Fall colours would be nice but weather into NB and NFLD is unpredictable, late June usually is good weather across Canada and is in between the 2013 bash and Woodward

Why is August out because of Woodward?

You would think Woodward would be a great gathering weekend to start the canadian tour.

Heck, many plan on going to Woodward anyway, by PIGGYBACKING onto that you could insure a great turnout.

and make it easy for those already planning on attending........

and not lose everyone already planning on going since trips to Dearborn in back to back months is not likely..... :shrug:

Start at Woodward......the tour thru Canada ends in Nova Scotia a week later......sounds like a great time to do it in my book.

Especially for those with kids in school......easliy back home for Labor Day in time to get the kidlets off to class.

Just a suggestion.....

dont blow it here! :hysterical2:

Edited by mywickedshelby

You would think Woodward would be a great gathering weekend to start the canadian tour.

Heck, many plan on going to Woodward anyway, by PIGGYBACKING onto that you could insure a great turnout.

and not lose everyone already planning on going since trips to Dearborn in back to back months is not likely..... :shrug:

Start at Woodward......the tour thru Canada ends in Nova Scotia a week later......sounds like a great time to do it in my book.

Especially for those with kids in school......easliy back home for Labor Day in time to get the kidlets off to class.

Just a suggestion.....

+1. I would definitely want to do both Woodward/Dearborn 2013 and the Canadian cruise. Having the two at different time of year would mean planning more vacation time or having to choose between the two events. With both events next to each other, those who wish to do just one of the events could still do so, but I suspect that several members would use the opportunity to do both back to back.

Just a suggestion.....

+1. I would definitely want to do both Woodward/Dearborn 2013 and the Canadian cruise. Having the two at different time of year would mean planning more vacation time or having to choose between the two events. With both events next to each other, those who wish to do just one of the events could still do so, but I suspect that several members would use the opportunity to do both back to back.

+1

I hear you, it does seem easier for those who combine their vacations but logistically it may be a nightmare for Shelby as the Dearborn event takes a lot of preparation and then if it went right into another event it may be enough for Robert & Sharon's head to explode...... :hysterical2:

But I will talk it over with them and Jim :happy feet: :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are looking at combining the Woodward event with the cruise to Halifax, leaving on the Sunday and stopping at various locations including Quebec City and maybe somewhere in Toronto

It will be about 20+ hrs of driving and I am trying to look at the max amount of miles per day stopping at a hotel with sufficient parking

I will be leaving from Halifax and traveling straight down to the mustangs at the Mickyard at Disney so it will be a busy couple of weeks

So are you saying its 20 hours of total drive time from Dearborn to Halifax? If yes, the trip could start in Dearborn leaving Sunday morning arriving in Halifax by Thursday afternoon, it could be broken into five 4 hour days? Friday could be the get out of town day after some sightseeing? That would leave plenty of time to take in the sights in each city along the route....

Edited by 08SGT1234

name='08SGT1234' timestamp='1352421726' post='1379783']

So are you saying its 20 hours of total drive time from Dearborn to Halifax? If yes, the trip could start in Dearborn leaving Sunday morning arriving in Halifax by Thursday afternoon, it could be broken into five 4 hour days? Friday could be the get out of town day after some sightseeing? That would leave plenty of time to take in the sights in each city along the route....

[/u]

Right on.

This would be incredible! I just ordered a brand new 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible and expecting delivery between Jan-March 2013. It will be great to join all of you on this eastern road trip and enjoy this new baby. I finally replenished my dream car. The last of Mustang I tasted was my 1992 Mustang LX 5.0 that was sadly stolen 2 weeks after my honeymoon in October 1994.

Sorry Doogie I had to do it. :hysterical:

I understand, I would do it to you if I could.... :hysterical:

I would love to do the drive but since dates are not finalized and I don't have a lot of vacation time (or money for that matter). We will plan on making our own run up through your beautiful country!

• 3 weeks later...

It appears that TS is tying the 2013 Dearborn event to the same weekend as the Woodward Dream Cruise. Is this event also going to be tied to the same weekend? It would be great to head up north once and be able to participate in two TS events at the same time....

It appears that TS is tying the 2013 Dearborn event to the same weekend as the Woodward Dream Cruise. Is this event also going to be tied to the same weekend? It would be great to head up north once and be able to participate in two TS events at the same time....

Yes they always tie them together, Saturday they have the Snake pit reserved for TS at Mustang Alley

I understand that, I'm hoping we can attend two TS events with one trip up north if the TS Canadian team will be staging their event the week after the TS Dearborn event. In previous posts that has been mentioned.

Edited by 08SGT1234

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates? With the wife's vacation days situation it is looking like we may have to choose between the Bash and Dearborn. If Dearborn is combined with Woodward and a Canada cruise ( :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: ) then it will definitely be Dearborn.

Any updates? With the wife's vacation days situation it is looking like we may have to choose between the Bash and Dearborn. If Dearborn is combined with Woodward and a Canada cruise ( :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: ) then it will definitely be Dearborn.

Our goal is to combine it with Dearborn.

• 1 month later...

Just an update as previous stated that we are trying to combine it with the Detroit Bash but a date hasn1t been firmed for that as of yet. Also being a new region there is the SAI licensee agreement to be finalized. The good news is we are have a planning meeting this Saturday.