TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbys Across Canada: Dearborn To Halifax, NS.

robertlane

I sent an email to Breakfast TV asking how we can coordinate this

Excellent :)

I just saw this thread and I am totally in. I have only seen BC so it would be nice to visit other parts of our Northern Neighbor.

Looks like it would be an awesome road trip in the vert.

Chad,

You will really enjoy eastern Canada too. Spread the word about this event.

This does sound like a blast.... and I would like to mention that it would be nice to be able to spend some time in each city for the touristy stuff. If we plan on driving 6-8 hours a day with a stop for lunch, all we will be doing is driving, eating and sleeping, no sight-seeing. Just my .02.

I'm working on my passport and saving up vacation time..... :shift:

Right on Doogie we need to plan for more time at each stop.

Have you guys set a date yet? I am asking because as soon as I knew I had my GT500 I had planned to take a trip across Canada from Victoria BC to Newfoundland next year. It's all dependant on my work schedule but it's something I want to do. My plan was to visit friends, family and co-workers along the way and hopefully come across some Mustang functions as well. It would be great to hook up with you all instead of driving by myself the whole way.

If anyone gets offered to be screeched in, take it. You won't regret it! The rest of the world should learn to party like newfies. They'd be too busy recovering from the aftermath to start wars. I've been lucky to have some friends from the east coast and I tell you they are the life of the party. Not just newfies but all east coasters are out for a good time. I haven't been to a good party in over ten years so I am looking forward to visiting the east coast again. So if you haven't been to the east coast of Canada, for gods sake go!

Right on Doogie we need to plan for more time at each stop.

which is evident based on the comments coming from the Europe tour.... "our itinerary is packed...updates are tough to do here as you need to email, then upload to photobucket...yaddi, yadda...no time for that now..." - Cali_KR

Have you guys set a date yet? I am asking because as soon as I knew I had my GT500 I had planned to take a trip across Canada from Victoria BC to Newfoundland next year. It's all dependant on my work schedule but it's something I want to do. My plan was to visit friends, family and co-workers along the way and hopefully come across some Mustang functions as well. It would be great to hook up with you all instead of driving by myself the whole way.

If anyone gets offered to be screeched in, take it. You won't regret it! The rest of the world should learn to party like newfies. They'd be too busy recovering from the aftermath to start wars. I've been lucky to have some friends from the east coast and I tell you they are the life of the party. Not just newfies but all east coasters are out for a good time. I haven't been to a good party in over ten years so I am looking forward to visiting the east coast again. So if you haven't been to the east coast of Canada, for gods sake go!

We haven't established a date or route yet. That's really the principal goal of this topic - to see if there is a demand for this event, plan and implement such.

I hope there is because I love eastern Canada. My last trip was Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick and it was great.

We haven't established a date or route yet. That's really the principal goal of this topic - to see if there is a demand for this event, plan and implement such.

I hope there is because I love eastern Canada. My last trip was Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick and it was great.

Ok, sounds good. I hope my work schedule lines up with this run so I can participate. Gonna subscribe and keep tabs. Good luck making this trip a reality!

Robert,

I think everyone gets this....

Based on the comments so far, there's a demand for this event, but you have the whole 'Chicken & Egg' situation; people need to know a date so they can determine if they can attend before expressing interest. At a minimum you should be able to post a month range you're shooting for in 2013.

Both my wife and I are very interested, but we need a date so we can block our calendar or rearrange other plans, and yes we already have plans on our 2013 calendar. With us coming from North Carolina, we're going to need to plan for a minimum of 2 weeks.

I would agree, the route details are less important at this time other than 'Eastern Canada'.

Edited by 08SGT1234

We have discussed a July/August cruise and I lean more towards the Mid August date range and possibly align to the Woodward date (August 17, 2013)

Hmmmmm, meet and greet, Friday August 16, Woodward Saturday, cruise to Niagara for Saturday night, leave Sunday morning and start the cruise towards Halifax

I have been looking at Ottawa instead of Montreal, Rideau canal is a gorgeous area and then cruise to Quebec city, Fredricton and then Halifax on Wednesday night

cobraracing....

That sounds like a good plan to tie it in with Mustang Alley/Dream Cruise weekend.

Both my wife and I grew up in the Metro Detroit area. We're coming up for this years Cruise, anyone from Canada coming down this year?

Edited by 08SGT1234

Great idea! I'd be interested.I've been planning to do an east coast trip.Was going to do it this year but going to calgary to visit the niece instead.(via mt. rushmore,and yellowstone pks).One possible stop in nova scotia is oak island and the 'money pit'.Also,to those who have them,radar detecters are a big no-no in ontario.I have heard of people who have them 'hardwired" being made to tear them out of the car and destroyed or risk having the car towed.i think a more leisurely approach as far as scheduling to allow for site seeing may be the way to go.Will be keeping an eye on this thread.!

I just spoke to my friend with Taylor Ford in Moncton N.B (it's one of the largest volume dealers in the maritimes), told him about what was being organized, and he'd love to have to have you all of you guys be our guests at the dealership. We'll move stuff around so you guys will be front and center if we need to. Moncton NB would likely be your last stop before going to Nova Scotia (or coming from NS, depending on the direction). I would be great to have Teamshelby.com in Moncton!

Edited by Jon Mopar

I'm thinking that we need to create regions in Canada and have provincial and regional directors. In this fashion, we can have each region plan their respect segments with Team Shelby.

Having people who live and breathe Shelby in their respective regions will produce the best results rather than have it done from Las Vegas.

If anyone's interested in a certain province and region, please e-mail me.

I'm thinking that we need to create regions in Canada and have provincial and regional directors. In this fashion, we can have each region plan their respect segments with Team Shelby.

Having people who live and breathe Shelby in their respective regions will produce the best results rather than have it done from Las Vegas.

Good point Robert! I have spoken to some of the guys fromCanada and they wanted to know why they (Canada) wern't part of the breakdown of regions. I feel it would be a good move!

Good point Robert! I have spoken to some of the guys fromCanada and they wanted to know why they (Canada) wern't part of the breakdown of regions. I feel it would be a good move!

We had originally intended to phase Canada in right after the U.S. regions were formed, however SPP and TS merged and we've been involved in a lot of different functions with less and less time. 2013 will be different though.

As Eric had pointed out in post number 3, the route along the King's Highway "138" is more rural and scenic.

More on the King's Highway here - you can also download a PDF of the route here.

if we wish to have a good look at the St-Lawrence River, it is better to take Route 138, North of the St-Lawrence River, from Montreal to Quebec City, and then either continue on that Route in the Charlevoix region and take the ferry accorss the St-Lawrence River, or cross the bridge at Quebec City and use Route 132, South of the St-Lawrence River and from there go to New-Brunswick

75766-4.png

Edited by robertlane

Since we're still at the stage where we are gathering ideas, continuing form Quebec City on the North Shore through the Charlevoix region and finishing the day at the Manoir Richelieu in La Malbaie could be an option.

http://www.tourisme-charlevoix.com/en

http://www.fairmont.com/richelieu-charlevoix/

This is a very nice hotel near the St-Lawrence River, and the drive from Quebec City to La Malbaie is very scenic. From there, it is a short drive to take the Ferry in St-Simeon the next morning. Once on the South Shore in Rivière-du-Loup, you have direct access to Route 185 which leads to New Brunswick.

I believe that we need to determine exactly how many days this drive will take in order to plan where we will spend the night and how much time we can spend visiting. As many have said, driving all day is not what this kind of trip is about. We also have to think about the cars when we decide where we're going to stop for the night. For instance, Old Quebec is very scenic and it is definitely a place that members will want to visit, and there are indeed some nice hotels there. Having said that, staying there for the night might be another story. Hotels in that area generally have tight indoor parking garages, not the type of place where members would normally like to part their Shelby (I would certainly not park my Shelby in the Chateau Frontenac garage). Driving a couple of hours to La Malbaie after having visited Quebec City, and staying there for the night might consequently be an option.

Canada is a great country with a lot to see and it would certainly be easy to spend more than a week cruising from Dearborn to Halifax (with then a few more days for those of us willing to go to Newfoundland). However, I realize that we must take into account the fact that some members already have a substantial drive just to go to Dearborn, and then will have to head back home which in some instance will take several days. Having a specific time frame to work with will help planning the trip. I tend to agree with the timing mentionned by Mike: starting the trip, the day of the Dearborn Cruise, and do the event over a five day period; a few mrore days might be ideally better but could make things tighter for some. Then again, maybe a majority would like to spend a few more days.

Robert, how about a little poll, kinda like the one at the top of the Shelby Run Europe Thead. This might help give us an idea of how many members would be interested, at which time of year, how many days the event should last, how many would like to extend the trip to go to Newfoundland, etc.

Question.... So going to St. John Newfoundland from Halifax could take a minimum of 3 days? 2 days of ferry rides and one day for sightseeing?? If that's the case, we'd most likely only go as far as Halifax and start heading home.

I agree with everyone, I hope the plan is not to drive anymore than four or five hours a day so we can spend time taking in the sights.

I would be great if someone just threw out an itinerary as a starting point of 'their' perfect trip to use as a baseline to work from......

Using the Dream Cruise in Dearborn as a starting point (8/16), we would need to be back in NC by the 30th. With at least four days set aside for our trip home though New England.

Since we're still at the stage where we are gathering ideas, continuing form Quebec City on the North Shore through the Charlevoix region and finishing the day at the Manoir Richelieu in La Malbaie could be an option.

http://www.tourisme-charlevoix.com/en

http://www.fairmont....ieu-charlevoix/

This is a very nice hotel near the St-Lawrence River, and the drive from Quebec City to La Malbaie is very scenic. From there, it is a short drive to take the Ferry in St-Simeon the next morning. Once on the South Shore in Rivière-du-Loup, you have direct access to Route 185 which leads to New Brunswick.

I believe that we need to determine exactly how many days this drive will take in order to plan where we will spend the night and how much time we can spend visiting. As many have said, driving all day is not what this kind of trip is about. We also have to think about the cars when we decide where we're going to stop for the night. For instance, Old Quebec is very scenic and it is definitely a place that members will want to visit, and there are indeed some nice hotels there. Having said that, staying there for the night might be another story. Hotels in that area generally have tight indoor parking garages, not the type of place where members would normally like to part their Shelby (I would certainly not park my Shelby in the Chateau Frontenac garage). Driving a couple of hours to La Malbaie after having visited Quebec City, and staying there for the night might consequently be an option.

Canada is a great country with a lot to see and it would certainly be easy to spend more than a week cruising from Dearborn to Halifax (with then a few more days for those of us willing to go to Newfoundland). However, I realize that we must take into account the fact that some members already have a substantial drive just to go to Dearborn, and then will have to head back home which in some instance will take several days. Having a specific time frame to work with will help planning the trip. I tend to agree with the timing mentionned by Mike: starting the trip, the day of the Dearborn Cruise, and do the event over a five day period; a few mrore days might be ideally better but could make things tighter for some. Then again, maybe a majority would like to spend a few more days.

Robert, how about a little poll, kinda like the one at the top of the Shelby Run Europe Thead. This might help give us an idea of how many members would be interested, at which time of year, how many days the event should last, how many would like to extend the trip to go to Newfoundland, etc.

Going forward, we're going to need the Canadian regions, which we'll form soon to really take an active roll and lead on this. Planning might not be best served from Las Vegas.

Not sure that we can do this following the Woodward Dream Cruise because that might be preceded by the Team Shelby Dearborn meet.

Question.... So going to St. John Newfoundland from Halifax could take a minimum of 3 days? 2 days of ferry rides and one day for sightseeing?? If that's the case, we'd most likely only go as far as Halifax and start heading home.

I agree with everyone, I hope the plan is not to drive anymore than four or five hours a day so we can spend time taking in the sights.

I would be great if someone just threw out an itinerary as a starting point of 'their' perfect trip to use as a baseline to work from......

Using the Dream Cruise in Dearborn as a starting point (8/16), we would need to be back in NC by the 30th. With at least four days set aside for our trip home though New England.

Not really sure that we can extend this into Newfoundland because of the additional travel time. It's a six hour drive from Halifax to Sydney to catch the ferry, than another 15 hours to cross over into NF.

Hi.Heres a thought.Day 1-Detroit to Woodstock.Ontario.Possibly a stop at Sean hyland motorsports(canadian supersnake dealer.perhaps this could be set up from vegas?).Continue to Niagara falls for the first overnight.This would allow time for those who have never been to the 'Falls' a chance to see the sights.This would be about a 5 hour seat time drive.Next day continue on to--?anyone want to pick up from here?I am just throwing this out there so any input or thoughts are gladly welcome.

Hi.Heres a thought.Day 1-Detroit to Woodstock.Ontario.Possibly a stop at Sean hyland motorsports(canadian supersnake dealer.perhaps this could be set up from vegas?).Continue to Niagara falls for the first overnight.This would allow time for those who have never been to the 'Falls' a chance to see the sights.This would be about a 5 hour seat time drive.Next day continue on to--?anyone want to pick up from here?I am just throwing this out there so any input or thoughts are gladly welcome.

This is what I'm talking about, keep it going.......

I agree!! I already have a place for you guys, should you decide to stop for an afternoon in South-eastern New Brunswick.

I wonder how long it will take before this idea turns into reality??

I agree!! I already have a place for you guys, should you decide to stop for an afternoon in South-eastern New Brunswick.

I wonder how long it will take before this idea turns into reality??

We're working on choosing regional directors, which will be instrumental in making this happen. Of course, we'd like to announce something ASAP, but not before we've done our research as something like this takes a lot of time.

At this time, we're still looking forward to hearing everyone's comments, opinions and suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a great trip and my wife and I would love to join in, we missed the TS Europe run due to health problems but I am happy to say my health has greatly improved. I hope the trip could last four or more days and keep our daily drive to six hours if that is alright with everyone else. I would think our friends in Canada would know the best time of the year to expect good weather.

This would be back-tracking as Niagara Falls is south west of Woodstock and we would be going east...I think it would be better to cross at Niagara Falls....spend the day or night then take the 403 /401 to Woodstock then when finished, it's 401 east to where ever.....

This would be back-tracking as Niagara Falls is south west of Woodstock and we would be going east...I think it would be better to cross at Niagara Falls....spend the day or night then take the 403 /401 to Woodstock then when finished, it's 401 east to where ever.....

This is where people who live there will come into play. Once the regional directors are set, we can move forward easier.

It's a great idea, I'd participate for sure ! For the part "Quebec city to Fredericton", the road on the north Shore is much more scenic....so I suggest leaving Quebec city on the North Shore, and take the Ferry at "Saint-Simeon" crossing to "Rivière-Du-Loup".

Yup, I just got back from a week in Quebec City for the Roger Water's concert, and it was the most beautiful place I have ever been....the girls were so damn hot it hurt!

North shore drive is the best! I went past the falls and up into the mountains...go that way FOR SURE! The ferry is icing on the cake then, and a real treat! Give some time to sight see and get a fresh breeze, see the wildlife! Im in!

Robert, as one with experience setting up many events, a regional director, and one REALLY interested in going back to that part of the world, I would be happy to volunteer to help set it up, or take the lead if it helps get it to happen. I have driven from Montreal to Quebec City to Saint-Simeon, there we could take the ferry, or take 138 on to Baie-Comeau and take a little longer ferry across with a better chance to see the whales and drive down the east coast I assume. I would be willing to take another scouting trip up there to figure out the best scenic and fun drive to take! I really would like some help though from one of our friendly Shelby Quebecois.

Robert, as one with experience setting up many events, a regional director, and one REALLY interested in going back to that part of the world, I would be happy to volunteer to help set it up, or take the lead if it helps get it to happen. I have driven from Montreal to Quebec City to Saint-Simeon, there we could take the ferry, or take 138 on to Baie-Comeau and take a little longer ferry across with a better chance to see the whales and drive down the east coast I assume. I would be willing to take another scouting trip up there to figure out the best scenic and fun drive to take! I really would like some help though from one of our friendly Shelby Quebecois.

Personally, Dubbs....

We appreciate the offer..but we have had a very limited exposure to the Shelby market in Canada and we still have not been recognized as a stand alone, regional entity which we all strongly desire..

If this is to be a " True Canadian adventure", then I believe, we should be allowed to show our American counterparts not only our hospitality, but our committment, and dedication, and our love for the product and the creator, from our prospective......

We believe we deserve the opportunity to extend to our southern Shelby neighbours the same love of car and country that has always been extended to your northern neighbours in the past.

I believe, it's time Canada takes the reins, with the blessing from SAI and we can finally cement the bond within these two great nations for a passion that is endless...Carroll Shelby...