TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbys Across Canada: Dearborn To Halifax, NS.

robertlane

As it has been stated, a passport is required to enter Canada.

Also, if you a parent/guardian that is bringing a child along with you and the other parent (if there is one) is not present, you should have a letter from the other parent authorizing you to bring that child into Canada.

I'm good to go 100% and I will be going on to Newfoundland for an additional few days to see family... I don't know about Tammy...I'll probably have to fly her back home after the one way trip as even a round trip drive to Montreal was too much for her..lol..

I'm originally from St. John's and have been itching for a good excuse to drive home so this would be the perfect end to a perfect trip.

Anyone interested...you can add a cool 15 hr ferry ride seeing all kinds of whales & dolphins and if early enough ice bergs as well and then once off the ferry it's a couple of hour drive to St. john's and the most easterly point in North America Cape Speer.

There is George street which is like New Orleans on a good night..lol..., boats, tours, fishing, parks, sea food, hundreds of years of history and some of the best people on the planet (they were actually home to thousands of people worldwide during 911)

If this comes to fruition, anyone looking for information on a trip extension to the rock (Newfoundland) can contact me directly and I can provide all the info you need to get too and from the island as I've completed this leg many times.

Thus far I agree with everything including Niagara but I would opt for a drive through Toronto (could probably get a national spot on breakfast television which covers these sorts of events) time in Ottawa as it's a beautiful spot, not so much in Montreal as I think it's more for the younger crowd, time in Quebec city as it's magnificant, The Bay of Fundy is a must as they have restaurants overlooking the harbour with the freshest seafood you have ever had and you can watch the tide go in and out from there and Halifax is a great spot and where they buried the Titanic victims......

I've probably spewed way too much already, but I think this would make one of the best Shelby events in history

Doing alot of fishing lately. Question are you able to make our show in July 22/12.?

I have it on my calendar.

50th Anniversary and grand reopening of a drag strip 10 minutes from my house. :rockon:

This could be added to the Canadian Tour.

http://www.stthoma ewaypark.com/

We could go through Niagara, hit http://www.cayugamotorspeedway.ca/ on the way. :happy feet:

I'm good to go 100% and I will be going on to Newfoundland for an additional few days to see family... I don't know about Tammy...I'll probably have to fly her back home after the one way trip as even a round trip drive to Montreal was too much for her..lol..

I'm originally from St. John's and have been itching for a good excuse to drive home so this would be the perfect end to a perfect trip.

Anyone interested...you can add a cool 15 hr ferry ride seeing all kinds of whales & dolphins and if early enough ice bergs as well and then once off the ferry it's a couple of hour drive to St. john's and the most easterly point in North America Cape Speer.

There is George street which is like New Orleans on a good night..lol..., boats, tours, fishing, parks, sea food, hundreds of years of history and some of the best people on the planet (they were actually home to thousands of people worldwide during 911)

If this comes to fruition, anyone looking for information on a trip extension to the rock (Newfoundland) can contact me directly and I can provide all the info you need to get too and from the island as I've completed this leg many times.

Thus far I agree with everything including Niagara but I would opt for a drive through Toronto (could probably get a national spot on breakfast television which covers these sorts of events) time in Ottawa as it's a beautiful spot, not so much in Montreal as I think it's more for the younger crowd, time in Quebec city as it's magnificant, The Bay of Fundy is a must as they have restaurants overlooking the harbour with the freshest seafood you have ever had and you can watch the tide go in and out from there and Halifax is a great spot and where they buried the Titanic victims......

I've probably spewed way too much already, but I think this would make one of the best Shelby events in history

Hi Randy, I've never been to Newfoundland.....wow this trip sounds awwwwwsome

I'M IN !!!!!!!

Hi Randy, I've never been to Newfoundland.....wow this trip sounds awwwwwsome

I'M IN !!!!!!!

You have no idea !!

Eastern Canada in general has some of the most amazing sights in the world, but when you get to Newfoundland they have such an abundance of everything, wildlife, with history, with state of the art, with tradition...it's like if Jacque Cousteau and Steve Jobs built a vacaton island..and they used Keith Richards as the party planner....lmfao.....

Please Shelby Gods....make this a reality !!!!

Include Newfoundland I promise it will be the highlight of your trip! BBQ at my house, and some very cool scenic roads icebergs, whales, I will even get you guys Screeched in!

Here are some vids of Newfoundland to ponder!

[video=youtube;wOmp_r0WWhs]

[video=youtube;ujAURVs84xU]

You have no idea !!

Eastern Canada in general has some of the most amazing sights in the world, but when you get to Newfoundland they have such an abundance of everything, wildlife, with history, with state of the art, with tradition...it's like if Jacque Cousteau and Steve Jobs built a vacaton island..and they used Keith Richards as the party planner....lmfao.....

Please Shelby Gods....make this a reality !!!!

I have been to New Brunswick, very nice. The price of gas may scare the sxxt out of some of our southern friends.

Newfoundland and Labrador in the fall, stunning!

http://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/PlanYourTrip/TravelBrochures?gclid=CPjDvL6M7bACFQ8CQAodDXjtug

I need to save up some vacation time. :bandance:

FYI.....just in case you don't know.....the very first Mustang ever built which was a white convertible, wound up in St. John's Newfoundland

purchased by a captain Stanley Tucker .

This car was driving around Newfoundland for days before the actual Mustang release and Ford went crazy to get it back once they realized the mistake.

I believe it now sits in the Dearborn museum........

It's a great idea, I'd participate for sure ! For the part "Quebec city to Fredericton", the road on the north Shore is much more scenic....so I suggest leaving Quebec city on the North Shore, and take the Ferry at "Saint-Simeon" crossing to "Rivière-Du-Loup".

Great idea Randy! I've never been to Newfoundland but from the pictures I've seen and based on what I've heard from those I know who went there, this would be a very good reason for me to extend the trip!

It's a great idea, I'd participate for sure ! For the part "Quebec city to Fredericton", the road on the north Shore is much more scenic....so I suggest leaving Quebec city on the North Shore, and take the Ferry at "Saint-Simeon" crossing to "Rivière-Du-Loup".

+1. The Charlevoix region is one of the most scenic in Quebec. Being originally from Rivière-du-Loup, I took that ferry several time when I was younger. Crossing the St-Lawrence River at that point takes about an hour.

http://traverserdl.com/english/home

This does sound like a blast.... and I would like to mention that it would be nice to be able to spend some time in each city for the touristy stuff. If we plan on driving 6-8 hours a day with a stop for lunch, all we will be doing is driving, eating and sleeping, no sight-seeing. Just my .02.

I'm working on my passport and saving up vacation time..... :shift:

I totally live 3hrs away from Halifax! There's a few Ford dealerships everyone could stop by along the way. I could make arrangements with the dealers when ya'll hit NB (I know several area Ford dealers).

Edited by Jon Mopar

I also live within 2 min from one of top selling SVT Dealer's in Canada, Avalon Ford located in St John's Newfoundland!

There Owner has a collection to die for and several Shelby's including the 2013! This SVT team is known to be the best! Truly a great bunch and I'm sure would welcome a visit from a gang of Shelbys!

Hint Hint Come to the Rock!

This does sound like a blast.... and I would like to mention that it would be nice to be able to spend some time in each city for the touristy stuff. If we plan on driving 6-8 hours a day with a stop for lunch, all we will be doing is driving, eating and sleeping, no sight-seeing. Just my .02.

I'm working on my passport and saving up vacation time..... :shift:

I agree. We need to take it at a nice pace to see what Canada has to offer.

I agree. We need to take it at a nice pace to see what Canada has to offer.

I couldn't agree more...there is just so much to see and experience all across Canada but especially the central to east coast as much of western Canada is very very flat....

I've made the drive Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City probably 20 + times on different occasions and past that to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia at least a dozen times then on to Newfoundland 5 or six times...unfortunately, I've never been to PEI which I've had the opportunity to do several times to play golf but something always came up...one day however, I will get there as it is just a beautiful spot from all I've seen.

Another great thing about a continuation to Newfoundland for anyone interested is the ferry crossing which is now around 14 hrs I think on state of the art ferry boats that are very well equipped ...just that time in itself is a great way to unwind and prepare for the final leg.

Remember...Newfoundland (the island) is not Cuba.... it`s a BIG island..it takes roughly 12 to 14 hours to drive from St. John`s to port-aux-basque and people travel from all corners of the world for hunting, fishing, sight seeing

From what I read, to catch the ferry from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland, you must drive to Syndey. The drive from Halifax to Sydney is about 400 KM and takes 5.5 hours.

After you reach Sydney, you have two ferry options:

Sydney, NS to Port aux Basques, NF = Daytime crossing take 4.5 - 6 hours. Night crossing take 4.5 - 8 hours.

OR

Sydney, NS to Argentia. Crossing takes 14-15 hours.

Reference

75766-2.png

Argentia puts you closer to St. Johns.

75766-3.png

Port aux Basques gets you to NF faster.

Don't know the geographic importance between these two though?

Edited by robertlane

From what I read, to catch the ferry from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland, you must drive to Syndey. The drive from Halifax to Sydney is about 400 KM and takes 5.5 hours.

After you reach Sydney, you have two ferry options:

Sydney, NS to Port aux Basques, NF = Daytime crossing take 4.5 - 6 hours. Night crossing take 4.5 - 8 hours.

OR

Sydney, NS to Argentia. Crossing takes 14-15 hours.

Reference

75766-2.png

Argentia puts you closer to St. Johns.

75766-3.png

Port aux Basques gets you to NF faster.

Don't know the geographic importance between these two though?

Your absolutely correct, the issue is there is no driving connection by land between the two locations .

The Port Aux Basques route forces you to drive all the way around the island which is a long drive to get to St. John's as there are no short cuts

it's both very senic and challenging ...btw...WATCH OUT FOR MOOSE...

The Argentia route lets you off at the other end of the island and directly connected to a highway so it's only a couple of hours to St. John's but it's a much longer ferry ride to get to.

No Toronto stop?

I suggsted one so we could get a spot on Breakfast Television...they do this stuff all the time.

Jennifer Valentine goes to our marina every year doing a live segment for the Port Credit boat show.

You just have to send in the information to the station and we would probably go live right from City Tv......it would be awesome to do a rev-out for Carroll on live TV.

No Toronto stop?

This topic is get gather ideas - nothing has been decided.

I suggsted one so we could get a spot on Breakfast Television...they do this stuff all the time.

Jennifer Valentine goes to our marina every year doing a live segment for the Port Credit boat show.

You just have to send in the information to the station and we would probably go live right from City Tv......it would be awesome to do a rev-out for Carroll on live TV.

Great idea. How do we pursue investigating this?

Damn! I may have to bring the GT500 out of the garage for this one......

Hope you make this one! SORRY that I missed you in Vegas - I'm pulling triple duty here in Vegas.