TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A heartfelt thank you to all 2012 Carlisle participants

eagledriver

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had an amazing time at the event. I participated in all the events from the track day to the last party on saturday after the parade. Wasn't sure about going to this event but I'm glad I did. I met a lot of really good people. The Shelby community is just great all the way around. Thank you John, Andy, and tony for an amazing event. I look forward to the next one.

We had a fantastic time the entire weekend. This was our first time back to Carlisle in 26 years and wow were we glad we came. Everyone treated us like old friends not 1st timers. The absolute best event we have ever attended and we would like to thank Team Shelby for making it something we will never forget. 2 weeks later and we are still talking about it and can't wait until the 2013 event. Andy if you need any help with anything just let us know, you did an amazing job.

Tom & Carol

• 2 weeks later...

I sincerely apologize for any offense I caused you and your wife. It was one of things that spiraled rapidly out of control. I believe the Shelby "girls" was my entire issue as they simply were not neccesary. I was not aware of their presence until Friday Am and I had hundreds of attendees that had no idea where to register at. John did a fantastic job of coordinating dozens and dozens of concurrent events and needed a team to facilitate the check in process. Apparently they were part of the track group which I was not coordinating and followed that group up from Summitt point. I felt showing cleavage and other things was over the top and not needed as we had many families present. I had so many people offer their time that I feel we need to use them next year instead of the "girls". This was a decision that I had no part in and for those offended by them I am sorry.

John really did a great job changing venues at the last possible minute (literally) due to the weather. I was busy staging the grand entrance and didn't check my VMs when he had told me of the venue change. I brought the hundreds of Shelbys in to find an empty check in tent because he had to move it to the new venue. It was entirely my fault and I was determined to give all the attendees the best possible experience. I personally felt obligated to do so and anything less would not be right. Even a small glitch causes multiple other issues which compound together. When the many last minute changes were made and communication broke down a bit, the months of planning and re-planning had to be scrapped for plan "Z". I am a checklist/spreadsheet kind of guy so I didn't handle it in the best way which actually made things worse.

Oh, epic would not be the word I'd use ( and I did use more than a few words I'd rather not repeat). I'm not sure it had a lasting effect on the event but for the 50 or so people who witnessed it I guess you could it epic. I was approached by a family who traveled nearly 1800 miles for this event and were shocked by the cleavage "girls". I guess my first clue was when my 3 year old said "Daddy, why are they only wearing underwear?" I can deal with it that but it really made me angry when someone who traveled with a family that far was greeted by them. Ok, for a vegas bachelor party, NOT ok for a family event. It's over though and the event went great despite my meltdown.

Next Year's goal : DELEGATION !

I initially was going to leave this one alone but after much thought I felt like something needs to be said from me about Andy’s melt down and the “Shelby Girls” topic.

Andy is undoubtedly a dedicated hard working Team Shelby Coordinator and his efforts in Carlisle this year and in the past are greatly appreciated and I hope we can get past this and continue to host great events together in the future.

On the other hand I could not disagree with Andy more. For sure things got a little off line Friday morning but for the most part with a major change at the last minute to move Friday night’s banquet to the Expo we got the Shelby Team back on line without a crash thanks to all involved. Team Shelby members, Ford and our other sponsors, caterer, audio & video guys, table and stage vendor and yes the Shelby girls all came together to pull us out of a spiral that could have ended the race. The result was a great event that everybody loved and is looking forward to coming back to next year.

I’m not sure why Andy felt it necessary to bring this up in a “thank you” topic on the forum. It seemed to me like an attempt to justify what he had done. The actions and word spoken by him that day where wrong, and unjust, if the topic where to be brought up again it should have been in the form of an apology to the victims of his unnecessary tirade but instead he try to make a point that the Shelby girls are not necessary.

I could not agree more with Z-man’s post #41. The Shelby Girls where professional, well-spoken, treated members with respect and where a pleasure to work with. They were NOT sleazy or import-ish. After working with them for the week I consider them friends and part of the team. As I would stand up and defend any other team member when treated wrong I’m standing up for them. I believe Mr. Shelby would stand behind me on this one. As long as I’m the director there will be Shelby Girl(s) like there always was…

I truly believe forums are a place to view our opinions right, wrong or indifferent. But in this case once the dust has settled I believe this thread should be deleted and put behind us.

[/size]

I initially was going to leave this one alone but after much thought I felt like something needs to be said from me about Andy’s melt down and the “Shelby Girls” topic.

Andy is undoubtedly a dedicated hard working Team Shelby Coordinator and his efforts in Carlisle this year and in the past are greatly appreciated and I hope we can get past this and continue to host great events together in the future.

On the other hand I could not disagree with Andy more. For sure things got a little off line Friday morning but for the most part with a major change at the last minute to move Friday night’s banquet to the Expo we got the Shelby Team back on line without a crash thanks to all involved. Team Shelby members, Ford and our other sponsors, caterer, audio & video guys, table and stage vendor and yes the Shelby girls all came together to pull us out of a spiral that could have ended the race. The result was a great event that everybody loved and is looking forward to coming back to next year.

I’m not sure why Andy felt it necessary to bring this up in a “thank you” topic on the forum. It seemed to me like an attempt to justify what he had done. The actions and word spoken by him that day where wrong, and unjust, if the topic where to be brought up again it should have been in the form of an apology to the victims of his unnecessary tirade but instead he try to make a point that the Shelby girls are not necessary.

I could not agree more with Z-man’s post #41. The Shelby Girls where professional, well-spoken, treated members with respect and where a pleasure to work with. They were NOT sleazy or import-ish. After working with them for the week I consider them friends and part of the team. As I would stand up and defend any other team member when treated wrong I’m standing up for them. I believe Mr. Shelby would stand behind me on this one. As long as I’m the director there will be Shelby Girl(s) like there always was…

I truly believe forums are a place to view our opinions right, wrong or indifferent. But in this case once the dust has settled I believe this thread should be deleted and put behind us.

I agree with the opinion of forums being an open place for expression. Sometimes in the course of that expression things are posted that aren't intended or meant are taken the wrong way.

This thread was started in the best intentions but has gone downhill and for all intents serves no more purpose. In the spirit of the team and the future great events held by the Northeast region I think this thread should be removed.

I agree with the opinion of forums being an open place for expression. Sometimes in the course of that expression things are posted that aren't intended or meant are taken the wrong way.

This thread was started in the best intentions but has gone downhill and for all intents serves no more purpose. In the spirit of the team and the future great events held by the Northeast region I think this thread should be removed.

We're not in the business of removing content. Once people stop replying to this topic, it will just fade away.

Aside from that, the moderator of this forum can lock this, however, I don't see why it would merit such.

Archived