TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long did it take you to get a build date & VIN?

It is for sale. MSRP It is about 70 miles north of Santa Barbara, Calif. Sterling Gray w/black OTT, SVTPP, Nav, Shaker 1000Pro & Car Cover.

P7120083.jpg

Hey Snoopy

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I drove up yesterday from LA and bought her. I couldn't wait any longer for ford to get around to building mine (ordered mine 5/3). I really enjoyed dealing with Harry and Muhalley Ford. Completely different experience than these LA dealerships.

Thanks again and good luck with your order!

Korey

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I drove up yesterday from LA and bought her.

I'm curious. Snoopy said the car was located 70 mi. north of SB. Santa Maria is farther than that....Goleta maybe? I can't think of a dealership 70 mi. N of SB...Unless Goleta has a dealership, or Santa Maria is a lot closer to SB than I remember.

Where was it?

Phill

I'm curious. Snoopy said the car was located 70 mi. north of SB. Santa Maria is farther than that....Goleta maybe? I can't think of a dealership 70 mi. N of SB...Unless Goleta has a dealership, or Santa Maria is a lot closer to SB than I remember.

Where was it?

Phill

Muhalley Ford in Arroyo Grande, almost near San Louis Obispo. It is a pretty small town in seems and small dealership. The guys there were really cool though.

Mullahey Ford in Arroyo Grande, CA

Here is the post with the contact information.

Green Pants,

Congratulation on the purchase, it is a really nice car if it had been white I would have bought it. I am glad to see one of the members of Team Shelby was able to take advantage of the offer.

Harry is one of the good guys and very easy to deal with, now all I have to do is wait for mine.

Earl

Muhalley Ford in Arroyo Grande, almost near San Louis Obispo. It is a pretty small town in seems and small dealership. The guys there were really cool though.

Yeah, I'm familiar with AG. I lived in Santa Maria, Lompoc and Los Alamos in my early high school days. My sister lived in AG for awhile too, my neice moved from AG to Nipomo just before she moved out here to CO.

It must'a grown because there sure wasn't a Ford dealer there about 10 years ago! Hell, I don't think there was ROOM for a Ford dealer there 10 years ago!

But there's some GREAT bars down along the beach to party at!

Phill

Yeah, I'm familiar with AG. I lived in Santa Maria, Lompoc and Los Alamos in my early high school days. My sister lived in AG for awhile too, my neice moved from AG to Nipomo just before she moved out here to CO.

It must'a grown because there sure wasn't a Ford dealer there about 10 years ago! Hell, I don't think there was ROOM for a Ford dealer there 10 years ago!

But there's some GREAT bars down along the beach to party at!

Phill

I was in and out pretty quick, so I didn't get a chance to drive around the area, but the drive along the coast is incredible. I wouldn't mind living up there. The dealership itself was small and there was a Chevy dealership right across the street. The service there is far better than the larger dealerships near me. Just wish it wasn't 180 miles away.

Definitely didn't mean to imply you had. I was simply making an observation to save prospective buyers the trouble of dealing with someone unable/unwilling to negotiate seriously.

Where are you located, Mr Haney? I had a conversation with my salesman (David at Chapel Hills) regarding a possible out-of-state buyer for their blue one, and I'm beginning to sense some deja vu...

Norton, I'm in VA, 25 miles from downtown Washington DC. Robert was going to try to see if they could get an extra allocation for me to order one, otherwise they are sold out for the year at the Motor City dealership.

On a better note, I found a Candy Red one equipped the way I want it at MSRP and put a deposit on it today.

Mine is still at the plant waiting to be released. I wonder why it is still there. It was produced on the 18th.

Mine sat at the plant for two weeks.

Now its "missing" in transit. Lol

Eta changed from 7/13, to 7/18, then to 7/24, now.........who knows?

Lmao. It is what it is. I suppose im still better off than some on here. I ordered mine on April 27, it was built on June 29th

Yeah I know......at least my ETA still says 7/28 but we shall see. The dealer order mine on 5/6 with the spec they wanted. We changed that order to my specs on 5/29. The VIN was assigned on 6/10 and built on 7/18.

Yeah I know......at least my ETA still says 7/28 but we shall see. The dealer order mine on 5/6 with the spec they wanted. We changed that order to my specs on 5/29. The VIN was assigned on 6/10 and built on 7/18.

Hope it holds true for ya.

Be sure to post up pics when you get her as will I . (Hopefully this week)

Hope it holds true for ya.

Be sure to post up pics when you get her as will I . (Hopefully this week)

I will do that....planning giving my dealer a camera to take pics of the car coming off the truck. Sometimes it comes in after hours so I hope my luck holds out that it comes in during business hours.

What really ticks me off is all the dealers that have one or more of these cars on their lots. Most of them are highly optioned and have ADM's. The problem is not only the slow rate of production but the priority assigned the the orders. It was my understanding when I ordered my car that sold cars like mine took priority over stock orders for dealer lots. Evidently my understanding was flawed. When I did a search of all 2013 GT500's within 500 miles, I came across dealers that had four or five cars in their inventories.

Customer first doesn't appear to be a priority with Ford.

What really ticks me off is all the dealers that have more than one and many times more of these cars on their lots. Most of them are highly optioned and have ADM's. The problem is not only the slow rate of production but the priority assigned the the orders. It was my understanding when I ordered my car that sold cars like mine took priority over stock orders for dealer lots. Evidently my understanding was flawed. When I did a search of all 2013 GT500's within 500 miles, I came across dealers that had four or five cars in their inventories.

Customer first doesn't appear to be a priority with Ford.

+1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, BIG news for me today! I did my weekly call today and after 14 weeks, I have finally have a build week. Mine is supposed to be built the week of 9/24. :yahoo: They said the actual build date will be determined when it gets closer to the build week. Next step is to get the VIN number, so I asked my salesman to get that for me - waiting for him to get back to me.

SVT would not give me the VIN number over the phone, and said that the dealer needs to get it for me. I guess that is normal procedure?

Archived