TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long did it take you to get a build date & VIN?

It is for sale. It didn't have an ADM sticker on the car, but it may have one.

If it has a ADM/ADP, it has to have the sticker on the window to reflect that. Calif. law *requires* hang tags (motorcycles) and window stickers to be prominently displayed/affixed.

In other words, they can't have a window sticker showing MSRP and when you go to buy it they say, "oh, by the way. We have a $X,XXX.xx dealer mark-up on the car."

Nope, that's illegal. Well, at least in CA it is (not sure about other states).

Phill

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The car just came out of the shop and the ADM sticker may not have been put on at the time I looked at the car. The only way to find out is to call the dealer. If someone is interested in the car, send me a PM and I will give you the contact information. The car was offered to me, but I don't want the Nav and Shaker Pro 1000 and I didn't care for the color. The Shaker Pro takes up a lot of room in the trunk and I am not a big music fan.

I ordered ours on April 23rd. Build date was June 22nd.

It arrived at the dealership in Arizona yesterday July 12th; PDI finished at dealer about an hour ago.

Goes on the Reliable Carriers truck Tuesday, should have it here in So Cal next Wednesday or Thursday.

At 11 weeks and no build date, I think I'd be getting nervous myself. That sucks. Hope you get some better news soon.

Take care,

Smitty

I ordered mine 3/27 and just got a build date of week of 8/5 and VIN # on 7/10. Dealer said I should have car around the 3rd week of August. Can't Wait!!!

Vinny

If it has a ADM/ADP, it has to have the sticker on the window to reflect that. Calif. law *requires* hang tags (motorcycles) and window stickers to be prominently displayed/affixed.

In other words, they can't have a window sticker showing MSRP and when you go to buy it they say, "oh, by the way. We have a $X,XXX.xx dealer mark-up on the car."

Nope, that's illegal. Well, at least in CA it is (not sure about other states).

Phill

I just talked to my saleman and he confirmed that the car will go for MSRP.

Motor City. On the showroom floor.

Phill

Motor City location does, indeed, have a 2013 Deep Impact Blue Roush Mustang on the showroom floor. It's worth noting, however, that the Chapel Hills location now has a 2013 Deep Impact Blue GT500 on their showroom floor. It's equipped with SVTPP, SVTTP, Recaros, Electronics Pkg, and Stripe Delete. It's a beautiful car! Seeing it and sitting in it has me wanting mine, BADLY... :banghead:

I thought I had the dealers first allocation until I got a call from the dealer to come on down and take a look at the new GT500 they just got. So much for having the first allocation., They still can't give me an estimated time for scheduling.

I'm in the exact same boat! Despite being their "first and only" order, the arrival of this "unsold" car means mine has to be a "second allocation" build. :mad: Before anyone stampedes there to buy it, it's marked with $15K ADM, for a total price of ~$81K. (Window sticker is located here.)

Motor City location does, indeed, have a 2013 Deep Impact Blue Roush Mustang on the showroom floor. It's worth noting, however, that the Chapel Hills location now has a 2013 Deep Impact Blue GT500 on their showroom floor.

I went in day before yesterday and also noticed it's a Roush, not a Shelby.

I'll go check the Chappel Hills shop to look at that one.

FWIW, go down to Motor City and talk to Robert Barnes if you're interested in that one up north. Robert said he is selling them AT MSRP, first come first served. And he can get the Chappel Hills car for you (same group/owner/etc)....

I assume you have one on order from Phil Long? Is it the white one Motor City got in?

Phill

Received window sticker today . . . Alrighta ! ! ! Says shipped by rail. Does anyone know whether SVT supplies rail car number?

Thanks,

Jeff

I know my dealer was able to track mine daily when it was in transport. Not sure if *you* can or not.

Phill

Ordered 3/31/12. 1st allocation - priority 10 and still no production date. I have started looking into other options, cars etc. I live in the Northeast and do not really want delivery in late fall. Drive the car 3-4 weeks, put it away for the winter and in the spring it is a year old.

I went in day before yesterday and also noticed it's a Roush, not a Shelby.

I'll go check the Chappel Hills shop to look at that one.

FWIW, go down to Motor City and talk to Robert Barnes if you're interested in that one up north. Robert said he is selling them AT MSRP, first come first served. And he can get the Chappel Hills car for you (same group/owner/etc)....

I assume you have one on order from Phil Long? Is it the white one Motor City got in?

Phill

Thanks, Phill. I ordered mine (a Black Coupe with SVTPP, Recaros, Electronics Pkg, Shaker Pro, and Stripe Delete at MSRP) from David Fly at the Chapel Hills location last month. My wife and I were back there today, for a longer look at the 2013 Deep Impact Blue GT500 they just got in - the car is beautiful! (Still not worth $15K ADM, but it definitely made me all the more impatient for mine...)

The white one they have is a 2012 they got from a dealer in Kansas. It's a nice car, but not a 2013. FWIW, they're asking $5K ADM on that one.

The white one they have is a 2012 they got from a dealer in Kansas. It's a nice car, but not a 2013. FWIW, they're asking $5K ADM on that one.

The white one I'm talking about is Motor City's first 2013.

As for the ADM, Robert told me long ago that it's just for Tire kickers. I've bought 4 new cars from them in the last year, ALL had ADM's listed on them and I've never paid a cent of ADM.

By chance, are you the guy (and his wife) I talked to about 2 mos ago at the Motor City shop, when my car was on display near the side door (a Kona Blue 2010 w/White stripes & Red accent stripes)? There was a Mustang club gathering at the time.

The guy I'm refering to was talking about getting a blue one but wasn't sure about the color because it wasn't the same as my Kona blue car.

Phill

As for the ADM, Robert told me long ago that it's just for Tire kickers. I've bought 4 new cars from them in the last year, ALL had ADM's listed on them and I've never paid a cent of ADM.

By chance, are you the guy (and his wife) I talked to about 2 mos ago at the Motor City shop, when my car was on display near the side door (a Kona Blue 2010 w/White stripes & Red accent stripes)? There was a Mustang club gathering at the time.

The guy I'm refering to was talking about getting a blue one but wasn't sure about the color because it wasn't the same as my Kona blue car.

Phill

Got it. I didn't realize they have (or are expecting) a white one at Motor City. When I was there to see the Deep Impact Blue (Roush) two days ago, they couldn't (or didn't) give me any indication of what might be coming or when it might get there.

Interesting facts about the ADM. I hadn't heard that, but it does track with my own experience with Phil Long. (I didn't pay ADM on the '97 Cobra I bought at Motor City 15 years ago and I'm not paying it on the GT500 I'm buying from Chapel Hills either.) I was just taken aback when I saw the $15K markup...

I regret to report it wasn't me (or my wife) at the dealership event/Mustang Club meeting to which you refer. I haven't attended anything like that, but I'll be interested in doing so after I have my GT500. (Unfortunately, I fear that might not be until the snow is flying...)

Phill

The blue one is listed on there website at MSRP, but when I contacted them with both the VIN and stock # from the website listing they said the car was listed incorrectly and added $5K to the price.....non-negotiable. They are as greedy as everybody else when it comes to selling one of these cars.

The blue one is listed on there website at MSRP, but when I contacted them with both the VIN and stock # from the website listing they said the car was listed incorrectly and added $5K to the price.....non-negotiable. They are as greedy as everybody else when it comes to selling one of these cars.

Naw. Again, walk in and give a serious offer and you won't pay a dime of ADM/ADP, EXCEPT...On their Boss 302's.

Robert Barnes warned me, told me straight up, if I wanted a Boss to wait for a used one or find one elsewhere because Mike Chimino (Jay's son) was firm on the ADP for the Boss's. But they said that about the GT350 they had in there that they sold at MSRP too. Money talks, bullshit walks.

And they're asking CRAZY ADP on the School Bus Yellow one they have in there now (I think it was $15K ADP).

Phill

Naw. Again, walk in and give a serious offer and you won't pay a dime of ADM/ADP, EXCEPT...On their Boss 302's.

Robert Barnes warned me, told me straight up, if I wanted a Boss to wait for a used one or find one elsewhere because Mike Chimino (Jay's son) was firm on the ADP for the Boss's. But they said that about the GT350 they had in there that they sold at MSRP too. Money talks, bullshit walks.

And they're asking CRAZY ADP on the School Bus Yellow one they have in there now (I think it was $15K ADP).

Phill

I emailed Robert, but got a phone call from a guy named Dave. He said the GM wouldn't drop the ADM of $5k above MSRP. Am I a serious buyer? Yes, but I'm also 1700 miles from them, so walking into their showroom to negotiate is out of the question.. Will I travel to pick this car up? Yes, When I wanted a 100th Anniversary Edition Screaming Eagle Deuce, I bought it from Harley Davidson Central in Grand Island NE. I saved $7K on what the local dealers thought it was worth and paid for it before I picked it up sight unseen.

I will follow through if they'll do MSRP, otherwise they can keep it

I emailed Robert, but got a phone call from a guy named Dave. He said the GM wouldn't drop the ADM of $5k above MSRP. Am I a serious buyer? Yes, but I'm also 1700 miles from them, so walking into their showroom to negotiate is out of the question.. Will I travel to pick this car up? Yes, When I wanted a 100th Anniversary Edition Screaming Eagle Deuce, I bought it from Harley Davidson Central in Grand Island NE. I saved $7K on what the local dealers thought it was worth and paid for it before I picked it up sight unseen.

I will follow through if they'll do MSRP, otherwise they can keep it

Call and ask for Robert Barnes or Crissy Uptain. Tell them Phillip Pollard sent you.

The Motor City shop, NOT the Chappel Hills one.

I don't even know a *Dave* there. It should'a been Mike, Robert or Crissy. Josh maybe...

Phill

Call and ask for Robert Barnes or Crissy Uptain. Tell them Phillip Pollard sent you.

The Motor City shop, NOT the Chappel Hills one.

I don't even know a *Dave* there. It should'a been Mike, Robert or Crissy. Josh maybe...

Phill

Thanks Phill, I'll give Robert a call

Thanks Phill, I'll give Robert a call

Let me know what he says. If you don't get the righrt answer, I'll personally go in and see what's up. He might not think you're serious...or not.

Phill <phill.pollard@comcast.net>

I don't recommend wasting time with Josh (Dorsey). I made the mistake of dealing with him first, since I purchased my '97 Cobra from the Motor City location 15 years ago. (My previous salesman, who took EXCELLENT care of me, is long-retired.) Josh jerked me around on ADM/ADP, reducing it from $9K to "only" $5K... That's when I ordered mine AT MSRP from David Fly (at the Chapel Hills location).

I don't recommend wasting time with Josh (Dorsey).

No comment! <lol>

I didn't recommend him, just noted that he is in the same office with Robert, Mike and Crissy (the Internet Sales office).

Phill

Phill

I finally got a hold of Robert, he can't get the blue car from the Chapel Hill location to sell. Whoever called me back originally must have been from the Chapel Hill stealership.

Robert is checking to see if he can find a car or if he can get an allocation to order another one for Jan. delivery

Thank you for the help

No comment! <lol>

I didn't recommend him, just noted that he is in the same office with Robert, Mike and Crissy (the Internet Sales office).

Definitely didn't mean to imply you had. I was simply making an observation to save prospective buyers the trouble of dealing with someone unable/unwilling to negotiate seriously.

I finally got a hold of Robert, he can't get the blue car from the Chapel Hill location to sell. Whoever called me back originally must have been from the Chapel Hill stealership.

Where are you located, Mr Haney? I had a conversation with my salesman (David at Chapel Hills) regarding a possible out-of-state buyer for their blue one, and I'm beginning to sense some deja vu...

I am so dam excited i can hardly contain it now :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: I ordered my 13 GT500 on June 14,and just got the vin# today with an eta to my dealer of Aug 17.

I havent been this excited since i got my new dirt bike when i was 14,lol

I am so dam excited i can hardly contain it now :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: I ordered my 13 GT500 on June 14,and just got the vin# today with an eta to my dealer of Aug 17.

Don't get too excited just yet.

My original eta was 7/13. Then it changed to 7/18.

Now its 7/24 but....they don't know exactly where its at?

Maybe, maybe some time next week? Lol

Man I'm happy for ya, but I have to admit it stings. You ordered over a full month after me and mine is not even scheduled yet! I know others on this thread have been waiting even longer, too. I wish Ford would be a little more fair about the process. I'm not hatin' the player, but I'm definitely hatin' the game. It sure does suck not knowing how long we'll have to wait... :rant:

Man I'm happy for ya, but I have to admit it stings. You ordered over a full month after me and mine is not even scheduled yet! I know others on this thread have been waiting even longer, too. I wish Ford would be a little more fair about the process. I'm not hatin' the player, but I'm definitely hatin' the game. It sure does suck not knowing how long we'll have to wait... :rant:

My thoughts exactly!!

Archived