TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long did it take you to get a build date & VIN?

Mine are: Deep Impact Blue, Recaros, Glass Roof, and perf pack (821A).

The glass roof narrows down the available cars to just a handful each week. And dealers mostly order black, so I haven't seen one yet in Deep Impact Blue that is available on a lot. I've only seen two cars with DIB + glass roof, and neither have the performance pack. :(

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering about that date. Thanks

If you notice, 6/26 is the blend date, that is when all parts are scheduled and verified to be there. The numbers 0629 would be the build date.

My specs were:

Grabber blue w/black stripes coupe

All available options packages and options except for the glass roof.

I had originally ordered the blue but wound up changing it to white before it was processed. Also added the glass roof option at the last minute. Basically got every option except the cover.

And dealers mostly order black, so I haven't seen one yet in Deep Impact Blue that is available on a lot.

I just saw on in the Co. Springs dealership yesterday.

It is BEAUTIFUL! I like it way better than the Kona Blue. It was inside so I couldn't see it in the sunshine but it's gorgeous.

Phill

Hey to all,

Would someone mind explaining the entire order process, please? I "placed" an order for my 13 Shelby GT500 back in late May. So far, I can't seem to get a straight answer from my salesman. Is there any "order confirmation"? I think some of y'all may have referred to a DORA? Is there any way to verify the order has been submitted?

You know how it is! I want it now! All comments/info appreciated!

see ya,

3403972621_17c68f5927.jpg

I just saw on in the Co. Springs dealership yesterday.

It is BEAUTIFUL! I like it way better than the Kona Blue. It was inside so I couldn't see it in the sunshine but it's gorgeous.

Which Colo Spgs dealership, Phill? (i.e., Chapel Hills or Motor City?)

Hey to all,

Would someone mind explaining the entire order process, please? I "placed" an order for my 13 Shelby GT500 back in late May. So far, I can't seem to get a straight answer from my salesman. Is there any "order confirmation"? I think some of y'all may have referred to a DORA? Is there any way to verify the order has been submitted?

see ya,

Your salesman/dealership is jerking you around. Mine provided a computer-generated "Vehicle Order Confirmation" sheet, listing my order number, every option I chose, Invoice pricing, and MSRP pricing, within 24 hours of placing my order. He now sends me a weekly status update via email. Admittedly, the status has yet to change from "in order processing", but at least I know it's in the system. I was also able to use the information on the "Vehicle Order Confirmation" sheet (i.e., Dealer number/code and Order number) to verify status directly with SVT last week.

Hey to all,

see ya,

You need your dealership's dealer code, and the order number. Your dealer MUST have both of these. If you get those, then you can call Ford Customer Service of Ford SVT yourself. They will be able to look up your order with those two pieces of information.

For SVT orderers only:

If you ordered a SVT vehicle such as the Ford Raptor or a Shelby GT500, then you can call SVT at 1-800-367-3788.

If you call Ford Customer Relations, you will have to play 20 questions every time you call. SVT will just ask for the VIN or order number and dealer code.

Hey to all,

see ya,

3403972621_17c68f5927.jpg

Try a PM to Deysha on the Mustang Source. Her screen name is Ford Customer Service. She helps out a lot of guys.

Without an order number it's more difficult, but she looked up my order and confirmed it. If you still have problems get Ford Customer Service involved. They were also very helpful.

Try a PM to Deysha on the Mustang Source. Her screen name is Ford Customer Service. She helps out a lot of guys.

Without an order number it's more difficult, but she looked up my order and confirmed it. If you still have problems get Ford Customer Service involved. They were also very helpful.

I agee, Deysha is a treasure.

Mustang Source

Which Colo Spgs dealership, Phill? (i.e., Chapel Hills or Motor City?)

Motor City. On the showroom floor.

Phill

Farmboy,

We're at 9 weeks since we ordered (on the same day). I checked today and mine is still unscheduled. :banghead:

How about you?

Scheduled this week and get my VIN today. I am supposed to get my build ETA early next week. I was somehow able to pull some strings and get my order scheduled this week. So I think that is how I got sort of lucky here.

I feel your pain. :(

I'm at 14 weeks and still unscheduled. Doesn't make sense to me that people who ordered after I did are getting their cars. I wish I I understood the process better. Obviously first come first serve isn't part of it.

Allocation #1 gets built first. None others get built until Allocation #1 is complete. If you didn't get their first allocation, of their second....

You could wait 9 months.

Phill

honestly, I would be much more willing to wait if I had some sort of reasonalby accurate time frame to go by. If it was 9 months out, and they just told us that, I'd adjust my thinking. But feverishly calling weekly waiting for a change in status is extremely frustrating, especially when no one has a clue on timing, and those that do have a clue give you BS answers (such as my regional sales mgr).

honestly, I would be much more willing to wait if I had some sort of reasonalby accurate time frame to go by. If it was 9 months out, and they just told us that, I'd adjust my thinking. But feverishly calling weekly waiting for a change in status is extremely frustrating, especially when no one has a clue on timing, and those that do have a clue give you BS answers (such as my regional sales mgr).

They can give you a "fairly close" estimate. I know when I was being schooled on the process the SVT sales mgr. pointed to one GT500 on his screen and said "that one will be delivered around August or September." They just got their first allocation car about a week or two back so...hmm, first of July? I think I saw a couple of them get delivery in June so my dealer must be further down on the list, to get it at the end of June or start of July. August/September sounds like the second run or allocation.

But I think I remember reading (here) that once the fist allocation is done, the 2nd and 3rd just go. I mean, the 3rd doesn't have to wait for the 2nd to be complete, or something to that effect.

Those that know better may chime in....or not.

I don't work at a dealer, I'm just on good terms with mine and they help me to understand their process at the asking (thank you, Robert Barnes).

Phill

I'm the dealership's first and only allocation. I call SVT every week and they can't give me anything except "not scheduled." I emailed the dealer to see if they'd research it a bit. They don't seem to be very proactive.

Hmm. That's odd. I think they're either done with the first allocation or very close to done.

But I could *easily* be wrong.

Any dealership guys here that know?

Phill

They can give you a "fairly close" estimate. I know when I was being schooled on the process the SVT sales mgr. pointed to one GT500 on his screen and said "that one will be delivered around August or September." They just got their first allocation car about a week or two back so...hmm, first of July? I think I saw a couple of them get delivery in June so my dealer must be further down on the list, to get it at the end of June or start of July. August/September sounds like the second run or allocation.

But I think I remember reading (here) that once the fist allocation is done, the 2nd and 3rd just go. I mean, the 3rd doesn't have to wait for the 2nd to be complete, or something to that effect.

Those that know better may chime in....or not.

I don't work at a dealer, I'm just on good terms with mine and they help me to understand their process at the asking (thank you, Robert Barnes).

Phill

What I can't wrap my head around is the secrecy. If they can provide time estimates, then why don't they - at least with the understanding that it would be a rough estimate? Don't they realize that they are frustrating enthusiastic customers? Or do they really think that if we have to wait 9 months and are given that estimate, that we'll run off and buy a ZL1 instead? The waiting sucks, but I still plan to buy the car, and the not knowing and deception sucks way more.

Or do they really think that if we have to wait 9 months and are given that estimate, that we'll run off and buy a ZL1 instead?

YEP!

Ya ever notice that the LAST thing a salesman wants is for you to leave the dealership without buying?

I was looking at a Ford truck one time. I wanted to go look at and compare a Chevy, a GMC, a Dogge, etc.

The Salesman was having fits. I asked him why he wanted me to commit so badly, didn't he have confidence in his product? His sales mgr. intervened and really pissed me off. I walked out, went to the GMC dealership and bought a GMC instead of the Ford. And I swore I'd never buy another vehicle from THAT dealership again. And I haven't.

Yeah, they are concerned that you'll get buyers remorse (which is typical) and either buy something else or not buy at all. They'll string you along as long as they can.

Phill

I thought I had the dealers first allocation until I got a call from the dealer to come on down and take a look at the new GT500 they just got. So much for having the first allocation., They still can't give me an estimated time for scheduling.

Whooooa. You ordered a GT500, they got one in, but it wasn't yours? Was it someone elses or available for sale?

That sux,

Phill

I was told I was 3 of 8, and I talked to them about a week ago, and they had one more left. For those on this thread that actually got some straight answers and responsiveness, what was your "trick"? Did the squeaky wheel principle apply? Did you just have to become a huge pita to get your order moving?

I totally agree! On a specialty car like the Shelby, most of us don't buy it on a whim. I'm not going anywhere else, I just want to have some idea of when things will start to happen. I get a once weekly email from the dealership saying its not yet scheduled. That's it. I feel I deserve a bit more customer service than that.

Whooooa. You ordered a GT500, they got one in, but it wasn't yours? Was it someone elses or available for sale?

That sux,

Phill

It is for sale. MSRP It is about 70 miles north of Santa Barbara, Calif. Sterling Gray w/black OTT, SVTPP, Nav, Shaker 1000Pro & Car Cover.

Sold!!! Congrats to Green Pants.

P7120083.jpg

I thought I had the dealers first allocation until I got a call from the dealer to come on down and take a look at the new GT500 they just got. So much for having the first allocation., They still can't give me an estimated time for scheduling.

That really sucks! I'm almost at 11 weeks and still unscheduled. I'm pretty frustrated. I was told I am the first allocation but it is extremely frustrating that there is no way to verify that, especially when I hear of others who were supposedly the 4th allocation and then find out months later that the dealer is only getting 3. I'm still being told mine will be built in the third quarter so I'm hoping each week I'll finally get my VIN and build date.

I ordered ours on April 23rd. Build date was June 22nd.

It arrived at the dealership in Arizona yesterday July 12th; PDI finished at dealer about an hour ago.

Goes on the Reliable Carriers truck Tuesday, should have it here in So Cal next Wednesday or Thursday.

At 11 weeks and no build date, I think I'd be getting nervous myself. That sucks. Hope you get some better news soon.

Take care,

Smitty

Archived