TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long did it take you to get a build date & VIN?

I just got off the phone with Ford concerning my order status. I was told that it was on compatibility material hold unscheduled.

Has anyone run across this type of order status?

Material hold just means it hasn't been scheduled for build yet.

Phill

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow those two guys must be super busy :hysterical:

LOL...Yeah, I should'a been clearer on that.

Phill

Material hold just means it hasn't been scheduled for build yet.

Phill

The guy I talked to was concerned about the compatibility part of the problem. He thought it might be a problem with the way the order was configured. I had the dealer go stripe delete. You wouldn't think that would cause a problem.

You wouldn't think that would cause a problem.

That's not a problem.

I'm tellin' ya, it just means it hasn't been scheduled yet. I sat down with my dealer about 2 weeks ago and he pulled up his orders on a computer. He showed me how they can see "about" when the vehicle will be built and how the ones not scheduled yet get a "Material Hold" status.

Your dealer can give you a "about" date that it will be built. It's on the far right of his computer monitor screen.

But I'll bet'cha he won't! He doesn't want you pissed off at him.

Phill

Today I received my VIN along with a scheduled build date for the week of July 23. Can't wait to get behind the wheel! ;)

Ordered 5/11, got the VIN 6/9. The window sticker showed up today with a build date 6/28.

That is FAST. Do you know if it was your dealer's 1st or only allocation? I heard that speeds up the process.

The dealer has eight dealerships, this was his only allocation, priority 10. The car is supposed to show up at the dealership first week of July, but the dealer told my US contact that it would probably be delayed a week or two because of July 4th holidays. But I won`t be seeing the car before the beginning of August (best case), because it has to be shipped here first.

I am my dealer's first and only allocation. Ordered at the same time and I am still unscheduled. :(

Mmmmm, that's not good. Initial allocation should have been *built* by now let alone scheduled.

Phill

I am my dealer's first and only allocation. Ordered at the same time and I am still unscheduled. :(

From the inconsistencies it looks like they get a giant hat and throw all the orders in there and just pick one...

My dealer only gets one car for his allocation. It was ordered on 5/6, modified to my specs on 5/29 and on 6/15 I got a VIN and a build week of July 16th. I should be getting an actual build date by the end of the week. I am not sure what is going on with order farmboy.

My dealer only gets one car for his allocation. It was ordered on 5/6, modified to my specs on 5/29 and on 6/15 I got a VIN and a build week of July 16th. I should be getting an actual build date by the end of the week. I am not sure what is going on with order farmboy.

All SVT dealers get ONE. Some get more, some only get the one.

And the second allocation isn't built untill ALL of the 1st allocation are built.

So if you have their 2nd or 3rd, you won't get it untill ALL dealers get their first allocation.

At least that's the way I remember it.

Phill

All SVT dealers get ONE. Some get more, some only get the one.

And the second allocation isn't built untill ALL of the 1st allocation are built.

So if you have their 2nd or 3rd, you won't get it untill ALL dealers get their first allocation.

At least that's the way I remember it.

Phill

Unless a dealer has not submitted an order for 1st allocation and they get skipped...

Ordered 6/12. Finalized specs and entered into system 6/14 and got my VIN 6/22. Gonna call this afternoon to see when I get build date.

If you've got a VIN, he has a build date (it's on his computer).

Phill

I just got off the phone with SVT and they told me my car was in process, unscheduled and on a material hold. They also said there was a compatibility problem. Which means there is a problem with something in the order and the order needs to be reviewed by the dealer and corrected before they can schedule the build.

When you call SVT they will generally tell you if your car is in process and whether it has been scheduled, if you want to find out about any other problems with the order you need to push them for more information. They don't normally volunteer additional information, they need to be prodded. You should ask them "Do you see any other potential problems with my order that would delay the scheduling or delivery of my car?".

In my case, if the compatibility problem is not resolved, my order will never be processed. I called my dealer and informed him of the problem and I am waiting for his call.

The only thing that has been changed on my order is the deletion of the strips, I am hoping that when the dealer entered in the Tape Stripes Delete code (46D) he screwed up and typed in the wrong code. That would be an easy fix.

I just got off the phone with SVT and they told me my car was in process, unscheduled and on a material hold. They also said there was a compatibility problem. Which means there is a problem with something in the order and the order needs to be reviewed by the dealer and corrected before they can schedule the build.

When you call SVT they will generally tell you if your car is in process and whether it has been scheduled, if you want to find out about any other problems with the order you need to push them for more information. They don't normally volunteer additional information, they need to be prodded. You should ask them "Do you see any other potential problems with my order that would delay the sheduliling or delivery of my car?".

In my case, if the compatibility problem is not resolved, my order will never be processed. I called my dealer and informed him of the problem and I am waiting for his call.

The only thing that has been changed on my order is the deletion of the strips, I am hoping that when the dealer entered in the Tape Stripes Delete code (46D) he screwed up and typed in the wrong code. That would be an easy fix.

Hmm, yeah. A compatibilty problem is totally different than a Material hold.

What did you order on the car?

Phill

When you call SVT they will generally tell you if your car is in process and whether it has been scheduled, if you want to find out about any other problems with the order you need to push them for more information. They don't normally volunteer additional information, they need to be prodded. You should ask them "Do you see any other potential problems with my order that would delay the sheduliling or delivery of my car?".

He would have to do potentially two things:

1) Add the stripe delete

2) Switch over your interior seats to black

Stripe delete requires a black interior (as you probably already know).

Hmm, yeah. A compatibility problem is totally different than a Material hold.

What did you order on the car?

Phill

I originally ordered it with the OTT black stripe package, about 2 weeks later I decided to go stripe delete. I just found out this morning that the dealer typed in the wrong code when he modified the original order. He corrected the error and the "compatibility" problem went away. Yea for me!!

I just checked with SVT and they confirmed what the dealer said. The only holdup now is the "material hold" on the order.

You need to be proactive in this process, when you call SVT about your order, make sure you ask them to check for any other potential problems, like "Material Hold" and "Compatibility Hold". If I hadn't accidental found out about the "Compatibility Hold", my order may have been indefinitely delayed. Ford never informed my dealer about the mistake.

"Material Hold" means they are waiting for a part from a vendor or other supplier, this part could be something as small as a bolt or decals. Basically anything that it takes to complete your car.

"Material Hold" means they are waiting for a part from a vendor or other supplier, this part could be something as small as a bolt or decals. Basically anything that it takes to complete your car.

No it doesn't. It means your car hasn't been scheduled yet. It's there way of holding you off and not pissing you off.

If there was a *true* material hold, it would be on the entire line, not just your car.

Phill

No it doesn't. It means your car hasn't been scheduled yet. It's there way of holding you off and not pissing you off.

If there was a *true* material hold, it would be on the entire line, not just your car.

Phill

Not necessarily, it could be some part of package. Example: A missing sway bar or the unique gear shift knob in the SVT Performance Package – (821A). This would only affect the cars with the specific package.

Unless we can get someone who actually works on the Mustang line or someone in Customer Service to come forward and give a better explanation, we are stuck with guessing when it comes to exactly why our cars are on a hold do to a material shortage..

Archived