TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long did it take you to get a build date & VIN?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely. Another car ordered after mine that is already scheduled. :/

Probably has something to do w/ GT500 vs. 5.0 I imagine.

Mine is Kentucky. we live in different places lol

Mine sat in a rail yard in either Kentucky or Kansas (can't remember which) for about 2 weeks!

It was going fine until one time when I went in and got the status. Then, every time I went in and they checked it, it was still sitting in the same rail yard. I told 'em I could go to the yard and PUSH the damn rail car faster than they were moving it.

Then it got deliverd to Denver CO and took another few days to get to Co. Springs, all of 80 miles away!

Moral of the story: Don't hold your breath!

Phill

Mine sat in a rail yard in either Kentucky or Kansas (can't remember which) for about 2 weeks!

It was going fine until one time when I went in and got the status. Then, every time I went in and they checked it, it was still sitting in the same rail yard. I told 'em I could go to the yard and PUSH the damn rail car faster than they were moving it.

Then it got deliverd to Denver CO and took another few days to get to Co. Springs, all of 80 miles away!

Moral of the story: Don't hold your breath!

Phill

The rail yards are very well known for that. My Raptor sat at a rail yard for 10 days. The rail yard was about 45 miles from the dealer. They waited until they had one or two more vehicles before they would deliver it. They didn't want to deliver just one vehicle to the dealer.

The rail yards are very well known for that. My Raptor sat at a rail yard for 10 days. The rail yard was about 45 miles from the dealer. They waited until they had one or two more vehicles before they would deliver it. They didn't want to deliver just one vehicle to the dealer.

well since mine is in Pennslyvania now. Is it sitting in another rail yard?

yea thats a weird thing ( nobody really knows the algorithym used)...but as far build dates and delivery shes great

This lady works at the ford customer service and anybody can call and get an update on their car from anyone that receives the call. I called yesterday to them and they said mine was in transit and that was all the info they had. Called the SVT people and was told my car was in Jackson Miss ready to be delievered to Pensacola. I find that if you call the SVT people 800-367-3788 you will get better info than from the customer sevice # 800-392-3673 press the following options to speak to a live person #1,5,1,2

This lady works at the ford customer service and anybody can call and get an update on their car from anyone that receives the call. I called yesterday to them and they said mine was in transit and that was all the info they had. Called the SVT people and was told my car was in Jackson Miss ready to be delievered to Pensacola. I find that if you call the SVT people 800-367-3788 you will get better info than from the customer sevice # 800-392-3673 press the following options to speak to a live person #1,5,1,2

Yea Deysha just pmed me back all she said was that it was shipped last tuesday and ETA of june 29th the same thing the ford people tell me. SVT was able to tell me its in pennslyvania.

+1 for Deysha. She PM'd me my car's status (“In order processing”) in less than 24 hours. I know I just placed my order but it's nice to know Ford received it.

This thread reminds me of a bunch of kids at Christmas anxiously waiting to open their best gift. I know that's the way I feel!

ok new update in need of immediate response. I just found out my car is literally 20 miles away from my dealer (30 min drive). So is there a chance it will come today on the truck???? My sales guy isn't coming in till 1 today and I cant get ahold of the sales managers beacause they never pick up their damn phones? What to do???????

ok new update in need of immediate response. I just found out my car is literally 20 miles away from my dealer (30 min drive). So is there a chance it will come today on the truck???? My sales guy isn't coming in till 1 today and I cant get ahold of the sales managers beacause they never pick up their damn phones? What to do???????

LOL your in a better position than I am.

Hope it comes today and post pics!

Maybe by the time your sales man comes in, it will be waiting for him to give you the keys. I hope it doesn't sit in the rail yards for an extended period of time.

About 8 hours start to finish including hot test.

Ok I thought that estimation was screwy. We have hand-built motors also correct? I wonder how that works and how hand built they really are.

Ok I thought that estimation was screwy. We have hand-built motors also correct? I wonder how that works and how hand built they really are.

They are hand built by two people. Those two sign the engine and their names are attatched to a plate on the Dr. side cam cover. They are built in the Romeo niche plant and there's quite a few threads on TS that can give you more information.

Phill

My car sat in the Denver CO hub for 3 or 4 days. Denver is 80 miles from Co. Springs.

Yeah, it's frustrating but nuttin' you can do about it.

Phill

My car sat in the Denver CO hub for 3 or 4 days. Denver is 80 miles from Co. Springs.

Yeah, it's frustrating but nuttin' you can do about it.

Phill

I am about to tell them lets just drive over there and drive it back. Only 20 miles

They are hand built by two people. Those two sign the engine and their names are attatched to a plate on the Dr. side cam cover. They are built in the Romeo niche plant and there's quite a few threads on TS that can give you more information.

Phill

Wow those two guys must be super busy :hysterical:

Archived