TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long did it take you to get a build date & VIN?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the cars often sit and get delayed because 1) I hear there is a shortage of rail cars 2) they often wait for a bunch of cars to go to the same region, so they are sent together....relax...at least its at the shipping yard and not sitting at area 51

Like I said...the more I stress - the longer it takes...I am simply not really paying too much attention right now. My salesman said he will call me the second it arrives.

Like I said...the more I stress - the longer it takes...I am simply not really paying too much attention right now. My salesman said he will call me the second it arrives.

My sales man and managers (I say managers because they keep getting fired I don't know why) constantly tell me they will update me or call me. They never do, they all suck. I basically do everything myself. so I don't trust them to call me when it comes. More likely they will have it sit there for 5 hours before calling me if I leave it up to them.

I just want my car to come sooner because I am tired of my car now, I hate it and its being sold this saturday so i need my new one.

My sales man and managers (I say managers because they keep getting fired I don't know why)

That is your typical Dealership "revolving door" policy. Seriously.

Phill

One ringy dingy.....

Two ringy dingy.....

Three ringy dingy......

(voicemail)

This is your dealer calling.......

One ringy dingy.....

Two ringy dingy.....

Three ringy dingy......

(voicemail)

This is your dealer calling.......

Well yesterday evening I took my 2010 to my dealer to see if he could give me the same deal that CarMax had offered as a trade in on my 2013 GT500. Turns out he matched the CarMax deal and actually came down 300 off of MSRP. The bad thing was that I had to leave my car (they had a bid on the car and the guy bidding did not want it driven any more) there and drive off in an Escape. My new GT500 is in town but is not supposed to be at the dealership until next Monday (6/25)

Well yesterday evening I took my 2010 to my dealer to see if he could give me the same deal that CarMax had offered as a trade in on my 2013 GT500. Turns out he matched the CarMax deal and actually came down 300 off of MSRP. The bad thing was that I had to leave my car (they had a bid on the car and the guy bidding did not want it driven any more) there and drive off in an Escape. My new GT500 is in town but is not supposed to be at the dealership until next Monday (6/25)

I was suppose to get my car this week but it got pushed to next week and my car is being sold this saturday :(.

My salesman said they can't sell mine till I take delivery of the new one.

YEAH, no kidding! That's because until you take delivery, you can back out of the deal. They sell your (or svt13's) car and they're gonna buy you a new one if you back out!

Phill

YEAH, no kidding! That's because until you take delivery, you can back out of the deal. They sell your (or svt13's) car and they're gonna buy you a new one if you back out!

Phill

yea...the full deal has not been done till I take delivery of the '13. Since they offered to give me a loaner car free until mine shows up. No harm , no foul. It would be my luck that if I would have made the deal on the sale of my old GT500, something would have happened to it if I would have driven it home.

As of now I think I drove current car for the last time monday night...shes just sitting until trade in time. Wonder what state my car is in now?

Probably still sitting in the rail yard along with mine since yours always seems to move with mine. Unless something has changed since I called this morning at 8 30.

Ordered my 2013 5.0 on 5/19; the latest word is that it is being built this week, with delivery to occur 3 to 4 weeks later.

Lovely. Another car ordered after mine that is already scheduled. :/

When did you order yours, farmboy? I ordered mine on 5/12 and the status is still unscheduled - going on 6 weeks now and no change in status :banghead:

I probably should have put out a poll to see what the average time is for the initial status to change.

When did you order yours, farmboy? I ordered mine on 5/12 and the status is still unscheduled - going on 6 weeks now and no change in status :banghead:

I probably should have put out a poll to see what the average time is for the initial status to change.

Same time as you dude. :(

Lovely. Another car ordered after mine that is already scheduled. :/

He ordered a 5.0 not a GT500.

Ordered my 2013 5.0 on 5/19; the latest word is that it is being built this week, with delivery to occur 3 to 4 weeks later.

shipped out means shipped out to rail yard not out of michigan.

OK let me put it in plain english....I got the word from the source directly, Deysha on the mustang source...she is the person to ask about status. She will be accurate to within the hour I have seen...if I ask her tomorrow what state my car is in, she will tell me...so when I heard from her tuesday, car left michigan monday. Trust me on this....100's of people have gone thru this lady for the info...rock solid

SVT and Ford CS are not as accurate and are usually off by days and weeks...its weird

OK let me put it in plain english....I got the word from the source directly, Deysha on the mustang source...she is the person to ask about status. She will be accurate to within the hour I have seen...if I ask her tomorrow what state my car is in, she will tell me...so when I heard from her tuesday, car left michigan monday. Trust me on this....100's of people have gone thru this lady for the info...rock solid

SVT and Ford CS are not as accurate and are usually off by days and weeks...its weird

hmmmm maybe I should ask her myself. Where is this person?

you have to become a member on the mustangsource dot com. In the 2010-2014 section there is a thread called " ordered/delivered/" there you find a username " fordcustomerserv" send her a PM and be very nice to her. Her name is Deysha and disrespect will not be tolerated because she is very valuable to everyone. Thats just a warning. You will want her to give you a status update and put your VIN in the PM...then in the thread let her know you sent a PM by saying" Hi Deysha, sent you a PM regarding my car, any help is appreciated thanks" or along those lines....couldnt have made it any easier for you bud

I ordered mine 4/27

Date on DORA was 5/2

Vin assigned last week and scheduled to be built 6/29/12

you have to become a member on the mustangsource dot com. In the 2010-2014 section there is a thread called " ordered/delivered/" there you find a username " fordcustomerserv" send her a PM and be very nice to her. Her name is Deysha and disrespect will not be tolerated because she is very valuable to everyone. Thats just a warning. You will want her to give you a status update and put your VIN in the PM...then in the thread let her know you sent a PM by saying" Hi Deysha, sent you a PM regarding my car, any help is appreciated thanks" or along those lines....couldnt have made it any easier for you bud

thanks I'll do that tomorrow morning

OK let me put it in plain english....I got the word from the source directly, Deysha on the mustang source...she is the person to ask about status. She will be accurate to within the hour I have seen...if I ask her tomorrow what state my car is in, she will tell me...so when I heard from her tuesday, car left michigan monday. Trust me on this....100's of people have gone thru this lady for the info...rock solid SVT and Ford CS are not as accurate and are usually off by days and weeks...its weird

She also told me my car would be scheduled already, and it hasn't been. :(

I do like her though. She was helpful with my 2012 Boss and has been helpful so far with the Cobra. Not accurate on the unscheduled to scheduled update though.

Archived