TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long did it take you to get a build date & VIN?

Mine was to be built today with an ETA to be at the dealership on 6/30. My wife and I are having shrimp and a couple of filet mignons for dinner to celebrate the birth of the beast!!

Congrats!! I'm quite jealous, I must admit, but I suppose patience will eventually pay off. I'm thinking of meeting the dealer and being there when the truck arrives. Has anyone else gotten the dealer to go along with this?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!! I'm quite jealous, I must admit, but I suppose patience will eventually pay off. I'm thinking of meeting the dealer and being there when the truck arrives. Has anyone else gotten the dealer to go along with this?

I have told my salesman that my car comes off of the truck and into the showroom and nothing else. The 30th of June is a Saturday so I will likely be there if that date holds up?

I have told my salesman that my car comes off of the truck and into the showroom and nothing else. The 30th of June is a Saturday so I will likely be there if that date holds up?

I did the same with mine - you will have to bolt/clip the splitter on when you get it home - it is in a box in the trunk. A bit of a PITA - it is in three pieces - just be patient and don't force anything.

I did the same with mine - you will have to bolt/clip the splitter on when you get it home - it is in a box in the trunk. A bit of a PITA - it is in three pieces - just be patient and don't force anything.

Do they not put the splitter on because of the ride height vs. the carrier and ramp configuration? Attaching the splitter should be part of make ready...I would think. When did you get yours?

Probably because of ride height on the carrier - I told them not to touch the car other than driving it off the truck into the showroom. I did all the PDI and dealer prep stuff - too many prior experiences with haphazard dealer prep (not at this dealer).

Berg, how did the dealer react when you told them you wanted to handle all that. I asked if they would not put the dealer sticker on the trunk or the front license plate holder on and they gave me crap. I don't want the car scratched up before I even see it.

If the dealer gives you a bad time about them putting on a dealer sticker on "your" car, ask them if they will mind you putting political campaign bumper stickers on all of there vehicles.

When I questioned my dealer about them putting on the front license plate bracket, I was told they don't drill holes in Shelby's. I'm getting to like my dealer. :D

Probably because of ride height on the carrier - I told them not to touch the car other than driving it off the truck into the showroom. I did all the PDI and dealer prep stuff - too many prior experiences with haphazard dealer prep (not at this dealer).

Berg - Great..thanks for the info. So the splitter is not all that hard to put on? I would bet laying on the garage floor makes it difficult. My brother has a lift in his garage so I am thinking that if I can get the car up in the air, it will be easier.

michael

Berg - Great..thanks for the info. So the splitter is not all that hard to put on? I would bet laying on the garage floor makes it difficult. My brother has a lift in his garage so I am thinking that if I can get the car up in the air, it will be easier.

michael

Yes - much easier up in the air - just be careful putting the car on/off the lift - this baby is REALLY LOW - 4 7/8" from the floor to the lowest part of the completely assembled splitter.

There are 12 bolts and 6 spring clips - it is a bit of a PITA - just take your time and don't force anything. It comes in three pieces.

Berg, how did the dealer react when you told them you wanted to handle all that. I asked if they would not put the dealer sticker on the trunk or the front license plate holder on and they gave me crap. I don't want the car scratched up before I even see it.

I told my dealer that was my one stipulation...NO dealer sticker and/or badge on the car and NO front license plate holder. I told 'em if they did, I wouldn't buy the car.

They didn't have ANY problem with that and I'm not sure why *any* dealer would.

Phill

Yes - much easier up in the air - just be careful putting the car on/off the lift - this baby is REALLY LOW - 4 7/8" from the floor to the lowest part of the completely assembled splitter.

There are 12 bolts and 6 spring clips - it is a bit of a PITA - just take your time and don't force anything. It comes in three pieces.

Is this on a '13 or are you one of the guys retrofitting one to a '10-'12?

Phill

I have decided not to install the lower splitter on my car, This will save me the time and trouble of removing the pieces after my driveway entrance destroys it the first time I pull into the driveway. For 99% of the people that buy these cars, the splitter is ineffective at the speed they normally drive. It's just an expensive and very vulnerable piece of eye candy.

I have decided not to install the lower splitter on my car, This will save me the time and trouble of removing the pieces after my driveway entrance destroys it the first time I pull into the driveway. For 99% of the people that buy these cars, the splitter is ineffective at the speed they normally drive. It's just an expensive and very vulnerable piece of eye candy.

Agreed. But I eventually plan on running the Mojave Mile and was going to do my own Aero mods. This is just one more step towards my goal of 190+ MPH with a 50-State STREET LEGAL TUNE, and for the most part, street legal CAR (the side mirrors will be removed using the Cobra Jet mirror delete plates).

That's why my interest in the '13 open grilles too.

And the Roush side splitters, a belly pan, remove the SPP quarter window scops, the FoMoCo side scoops, etc. etc. etc.

I need to make her as SLICK as possible and drop her into 'da weeds' (also CJ springs).

Phill

From what I understand, in process just means the order is in the system. Unscheduled means that Ford has not pulled the order for scheduling yet. I saw a very good description of the Ford order codes and process online a while back. I'll look it up and post it here shortly.

So I just found out my 13 will be built next week on the 26th. Does anyone know how long it will take to get it from build date to shipping at the dealership? And last question Does the Xpipe off the 2012 fit the 2013

Thanks, I was on lethal perfomance and they have a couple kits already for it. 700 rwhp WOW

from the moment its built , could be a few weeks depending how far away you are. The xpipe should fit.

how do you look up the build info from the vin#. I have my vin# but dont know anything beyond that.

http//services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/Windowsticker.pdf?vin=

Enter your full VIN at the end afer the equal sign (=) and it will pull up your cars window sticker.

Phill

From what I understand, in process just means the order is in the system. Unscheduled means that Ford has not pulled the order for scheduling yet. I saw a very good description of the Ford order codes and process online a while back. I'll look it up and post it here shortly.

My order status is "in process and unscheduled". The wait goes on.

Got an update on my car today. It's left the plant but its sitting in New Boston Michigan and my ETA has now changed from june 21 to 23 and now 29. WTF is going on that it needs to sit there for so long? If anyone can shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

Got an update on my car today. It's left the plant but its sitting in New Boston Michigan and my ETA has now changed from june 21 to 23 and now 29. WTF is going on that it needs to sit there for so long? If anyone can shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

My original ETA for arrival at my dealership was 6/29...that changed 6/24, I called this morning and they said it is scheduled for delivery the week of 6/25. Who knows....!!

My original ETA for arrival at my dealership was 6/29...that changed 6/24, I called this morning and they said it is scheduled for delivery the week of 6/25. Who knows....!!

blahhh this is gay. I want my car!!!!! I wish I could just get it myself since clearly their means of transportation are slow as shittttt. And they only have to go like 3 states over. I don't live in cali.

blahhh this is gay. I want my car!!!!! I wish I could just get it myself since clearly their means of transportation are slow as shittttt. And they only have to go like 3 states over. I don't live in cali.

It is a bit maddening...I think the more I stress about it...the longer it will take to arrive....

Archived