TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long did it take you to get a build date & VIN?

Ordered my coupe on 5/12. I have the dealer # and order #, so I call once per week on Fridays. Still no changes though - every time I call they say the order is in processing and unscheduled.

How long is it taking everyone else to get the order to show up as scheduled and to get the VIN#?

thx.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, should I be asking the dealer for a copy of the DORA? I have the dealer number and order number (and copies of the order and purchase order) but I do not have a DORA. Is that something that is available even before my order status changes, or is it not available yet while the status is still "in process/unscheduled"?

By the way, should I be asking the dealer for a copy of the DORA? I have the dealer number and order number (and copies of the order and purchase order) but I do not have a DORA. Is that something that is available even before my order status changes, or is it not available yet while the status is still "in process/unscheduled"?

Yes you should have a copy of your DORA. I ordered April 29, DORA processed April 30 (my dealer emailed me my DORA same day). As of 6/1 I am still "in order processing and unscheduled" and I am the first allocation for my dealer, priority 10.

Yes you should have a copy of your DORA. I ordered April 29, DORA processed April 30 (my dealer emailed me my DORA same day). As of 6/1 I am still "in order processing and unscheduled" and I am the first allocation for my dealer, priority 10.

I dont think you will get a build date until July at the earliest...but congrats! some people have gotten lucky getting VIN's quickly while others are still waiting...the allocation thing is weird

The dealer I ordered from is pretty large 300-400 cars on the lot. Supposedly they have 8 allocations currently, and i'm 3 of 8.

You're probably not going to be getting the car for quite some time.

Everything I have heard to date indicates that no second allocations will be built until all the 'placed' first allocations have been built.

I ordered mine on 04/10, the window sticker was up 05/01 with a 05/08 build date. The car was delivered to the dealer on 05/25.

Black, stripe delete, Performance pack Electronics pack and Shaker Pro.

You're probably not going to be getting the car for quite some time.

Everything I have heard to date indicates that no second allocations will be built until all the 'placed' first allocations have been built.

Okay, so is there anyone on this thread that has gotten their VIN and/or build dates AND is NOT the first allocation as far as they know? Or, is everyone that replied with dates the first allocation for their respective dealer?

Ordered mine on 3/20, had my DORA about a week after that, was told my build week would be the week of June 4th about mid May then got my actual build date of June 8th on 5/25. Checked this morning and received my window sticker.

When did the 2013 GT500 go into production for retail sale? Even though some of the people ordered their cars in Mar, they didn't get built until May. Has anyone seen an earlier build date?

If May was the start of production, you can't factor in the Mar orders when it comes to determining the length of time it takes from order to delivery.

I ordered mine on March 28th. Got my VIN on May 9th the window sticker May 24th. SVT confirmed it was finished being built on June 1st.

Now anxiously waiting for it to ship via rail car. Black, reds stripes, vert with nav and Shaker Pro. Hope that helps.

It really varies depending upon your dealer's allocation and slot in the queue.

Mine was one of the very first orders placed yet, because it was ordered under X-Plan which Ford later rescinded, Ford put a hold on the order and it wasn't released to manufacture until dealers were notified some 3 weeks ago or so. Since then, I've received a VIN and my car is slated to be built this week.

Well, i'm about 4 weeks into it so far, but my order status is still "unscheduled". It sounds like it could be a while before I move to the next step. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will move to the next step in the process. I had my 2008 in 9 weeks total, but this one looks like it's going to take a good bit longer :lurk:

ill use this as an update: my car is in finishing stages today, should be released from plant early next week. ETA is june 27th, subject to change obviously. exciting times!

Mine was to be built today with an ETA to be at the dealership on 6/30. My wife and I are having shrimp and a couple of filet mignons for dinner to celebrate the birth of the beast!!

Archived