TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Rev Your Engines Memorial Salute

sharon

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just came home from going down the road to a location near the ocean where I took Carroll and Cleo on their visit to Hawaii back in 1998. I watched the countdown on my phone and did a number of very honorable memorial revs in the 2011 GT350 (sorry, 6S2187 is in the shop for restoration). Fellow local club president, Barry, came in his 2007 GT500 Convertable. I believe we either scared or impressed a number of teeenage canoe paddlers going by! The best moment had to be while I was driving the short mile down the road and passing a Masarati (how many do see any time on the road these days, especially in your neighborhood). Goose bumps (or chicken skin as we say in this part of the country).

Aloha, Carroll. You will be missed but you and left a fun and dynamic legacy for me and others to enjoy.

8)

Pretty weak turnout at the southeastern Wisconsin location. Must have been way past their bed time! There must have been at lest a dozen Shelby's at the all ford car show a few weeks earlyer. Well there were some really cool Shelbys there anywhy. That GT350 is freakin bad ass! I wonder if i can send my GT500 out to Shelby and have it converted to a GT350...

RIP Shelby..

Here on the East coast, I went out to the stable, started the KR, and gave her a few revs. Neighbors must think I'm crazy !

I really enjoyed watching the live feed tribute after reving the engine.

I'm sure 'ol Shel heard it from where he's perched now.

Here on the East coast, I went out to the stable, started the KR, and gave her a few revs. Neighbors must think I'm crazy !

I really enjoyed watching the live feed tribute after reving the engine.

I'm sure 'ol Shel heard it from where he's perched now.

Good form bro !

Very cool. Thank you to those who put this together.

Carroll, you will be missed but your legacy will live forever through the many lives you have touched.

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest. God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you. Jan. 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012.

Great Peterson event. I'm sure there will be much better photos than what I post here, but it's a start. Thank you very much for a great time and a memorable event. Carroll is smiling.

The old guy is a personal hero of mine: Bob Hoover. I grew up watching him fly. One of the best......EVER.

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

I'll see you there Colt! Me and the fiancé will be wearing our powder blue Shelby T-shirts. We didn't get a invitation to the memorial event but was hoping to run into other Shelby owners at the museum.

Sorry I missed you guys.

The tribute was top notch.

The Great Laked Region/Detroit gathering at The Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn was very nice, and loud for the engine rev. Thanks to all who organized, planned, and hosted the event, as well as all those who attended.

The event at Bandimere Speedway was wonderful. I'll be posting pic's later in the Mountain Region Section. Thanks to the Mile High Cobra Club, Colorado SAAC, Denver Mustang club and many other great folks that I've never met before. Even had an x-Bondurant teacher Crown Vic show up. Little over 40 cars and 80 folks. Cars racing in the background as we watched the memorial. Seemed fitting.

I couldn't make any of the organized events as work kept me tied to Houston last night.

So I sat alone in the GT500 in my driveway and revved up with the rest of the Shelby world at the appointed moment. It gave me goosebumps.

In those few minutes I felt totally connected to every Shelby around the world and to the Memorial Event itself.

Proud to drive the Shelby name every day and to carry Carrolls signature on my dash.

Thank you Mr Shelby.

I want to thank the other 8 Shelby owners who showed up last night at South Towne Mall for our Salt Lake tribute. :salute:

We obviously weren't able to view the tribute at Petersen but I would hope it will be available on DVD.

About 20 Shelbys, (including an 80's Dodge GLH and Daytona!), revved it up at Mike Shad Ford in Orange Park, Florida!

Thanks to Daphne, Bill, and Mike Shad for hosting!

Sam

+1 big thanks to Daphne and Bill - brought my dad, we both had a good time and loved the sounds! it was a very nice tribute and great to see a nice variety of cars there.

I took some video, I'll get it posted soon

I couldn't make any of the organized events as work kept me tied to Houston last night.

So I sat alone in the GT500 in my driveway and revved up with the rest of the Shelby world at the appointed moment. It gave me goosebumps.

In those few minutes I felt totally connected to every Shelby around the world and to the Memorial Event itself.

Proud to drive the Shelby name every day and to carry Carrolls signature on my dash.

Thank you Mr Shelby.

Same here....I opened the garage door, watched the count down timer, and revved my engine alone, but at the same time somehow 'connected' to every other person World-wide, who was doing the same thing at the same time.

It was very quiet in my neighborhood (local time was almost 10:00pm), and my GT500 echoed in it's lone tribute to Mr. Shelby. As I sat in the car I stared at the dash plaque with his signature on it, and I thought for a moment that part of him was there with me.

Good bye Mr. Shelby.....till we meet again on the other side.

Z-man

What a wonderful tribute to Carroll last night was.

thanks to all involved with the planning and execution of such a wonderful evening.

special thanks to herpony68 & hispony (Helaina & Ron) for inviting us over to their house for the revving and watching of the Memorial.

Archived